Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Seattle GM John Schneider made it clear he'd be willing to listen to trade proposals for Clark when talking to the media last week.

"We are always trying to understand what the landscape is throughout the National Football League," he said. "If we didn't, we wouldn't be doing our job. We can't ever have our head in the sand with anything. But we love Frank, obviously. That's why we franchised him."

On Monday, Schneider told reporters it would be "feasible but very challenging" for the Seahawks to keep Clark, All-Pro linebacker Bobby Wagner and fourth-year defensive tackle Jarran Reed long-term.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The Seahawks will soon be an afterthought 

I mean, if Dak surpasses Wilson's $35M APY, I think most would agree that that's close to a death knell for us. $30M on the other hand is only 15% of the cap come next year, and progressively less than that afterwards. Dak can cost us less than 10% each of the next two years through restructures should we choose to go that route, or 10-12% range down the line if we carry him at a Garoppolo-esque number next year. Some way or another they'll stagger it I imagine.

The 5th year option on Zeke and RFA tender on Jaylon help us out a lot- get Dak and Amari extended by the end of the year, exercise those options, and tag Byron, and all of a sudden we've got things under control for 2020 as far as maintaining our young talent nucleus. In this scenario, we'd be in SEA's current position next year having to choose probably 2/3 of Zeke, Jaylon, and Byron.

Edited by matt79511

• 5 weeks later...

Prescott’s stats 2016-18: 96 passer rating, 66.1% completion percentage, 67 passing touchdowns, 7.52 adjusted yards per attempt
Tony Romo’s stats 2010-12: 95.7 passer rating, 66.4% completion percentage, 70 passing touchdowns, 7.57 adjusted yards per attempt

Romo did play 10 fewer games than Prescott, but their passer rating, completion percentage, and adjusted yards per attempt are about the same. Prescott also scored 16 more rushing touchdowns than Romo.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/22/18628182/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-contract-extension-nfl-quarterback-salary

This surprised me. I didnt think they would be so close.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Prescott’s stats 2016-18: 96 passer rating, 66.1% completion percentage, 67 passing touchdowns, 7.52 adjusted yards per attempt
Tony Romo’s stats 2010-12: 95.7 passer rating, 66.4% completion percentage, 70 passing touchdowns, 7.57 adjusted yards per attempt

Romo did play 10 fewer games than Prescott, but their passer rating, completion percentage, and adjusted yards per attempt are about the same. Prescott also scored 16 more rushing touchdowns than Romo.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/22/18628182/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-contract-extension-nfl-quarterback-salary

It doesn’t matter

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Interesting numbers. I'm still wishy-washy on Dak. The numbers are what they are and admit I'm a bit surprised they equals romo. It certainly hasn't "felt" that way if you know what I mean.

I'm not committed either way on how I feel about him. Other than, the dude plays his a$$ off.

Edited by HDsportsfan

35 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Interesting numbers. I'm still wishy-washy on Dak. The numbers are what they are and admit I'm a bit surprised they equals romo. It certainly hasn't "felt" that way if you know what I mean.

I'm not committed either way on how I feel about him. Other than, the dude plays his a$$ off.

The whole 10 less games thing is why it doesn't "feel" that way. Romo put up the same stats(more passing TDs) with close to a whole season of games less.

That said I do enjoy having a QB that isn't made of glass. 

Edited by DaBoys

54 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The whole 10 less games thing is why it doesn't "feel" that way. Romo put up the same stats(more passing TDs) with close to a whole season of games less.

That said I do enjoy having a QB that isn't made of glass. 

I mean, most of those are efficiency stats... it doesnt really matter that Romo played less games; they arent measuring bulk (which I assume would favor Romo). As for the TDs, I think you have to also factor in the 16 rushing TDs as that is a big part of his game. 

I do think Dak needs to improve on redzone passes. It felt like Linehan gave him the opportunities, but he was just not as strong as Romo there.

Production wise sure Dak is getting the same production or real close to what we got from Romo mostly because Dak is a better run threat in the red zone. Still it is silly to think that Dak is even close to the red zone passer Romo was at the end of Romo’s career.     I just think also it can’t be understated that Dak is still a young QB who should continue to improve. especially if there is some stability year to year in OC Head coach

I still am holding out hoping  for 5-6 at 29 to 31

@DaBoys This was the one I posted in the Eagles forum. Bolded orange are the rankings:

Dak 3,061 total yards (270 passing yards per game) #13

Wentz 3167 total yards (280 passing yards per game)

Dak 70.03 #3 Comp % on 7.74 YPA (7.94 AY/A) #8

Wentz 69.6 Comp % on 7.7 YPA (7.9 AY/A)

Dak 101 QB Rating #9

Wentz 102 Rating

Dak and Wentz 22 total TDs

Dak 11 total INT/Fumbles

Wentz 16 total INT/Fumbles

^^^^^^^^^ Last 11 games

I dont have the graphic and I have no way to pull the last 11 games for other QBs, but if you remember the blue graphic I put up he was also top 10 in  INT/TD and total yards.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031777/article/ranking-divisions-by-quarterback-afc-west-nfc-west-top-list

"When my guy Dak, who has yet to join the upper echelon of signal-callers, enters as the surest bet in the division, well, you can see why the East comes in last."

If you read this like a pessimist this seems like a slight. 

But what he is really saying is that Dak is the best QB in the East and has a chance to reach the upper echelon

Some people think Dak is better than he is. Some people think he's worse than he is. Someone insists on referring to him as Quincy for some asinine reason. Here's the bottom line...

Dak Prescott is a darn good but not yet great QB. He thrives in the 4th quarter, but sometimes struggles in the first 3 quarters. He puts up numbers comparable to other QBs thought to be a lot better than he is. He hasn't yet proven that he can carry a team without a strong supporting cast though. He's good enough to get a team to the playoffs but hasn't proven that he can take the same team to the next level. Until Dak wins something meaningful, the same debates will continue on and on and on and on. Then again, even if Dak was named Super Bowl MVP in a winning effort, some people would still find something to bish about. Likewise, if he throws a pick six that costs the team the Super Bowl, some people will make excuses for him. Such is life as a Dallas Cowboy QB. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

I've had enough of this Dak experiment.  It's Cooper Rush's time. (Sarcasm).  Dak isn't pretty but he's a leader and the team rallies around him.  We could do a lot worse.  I do blame him for two Ram running backs rushing for over 100 yards each in the playoff loss though.