Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

I dont think this poll should be so black and white.  I find Dak somewhere around the middle of the pack when it comes to Qb's.

Dak is average to slightly above average.  He makes up for his passing inefficiencies with athletic ability.  As he ages and his athletic ability dwindles so will his game.  I never see him as an elite pocket passer.  Dak has benefited by playing behind an elite Oline, a pretty good D and one of the best RB's in the game which all takes a ton of heat off him. 

As the Cowboys start to resign their young players (Dak, Zeke, DLaw and Cooper) and pay them big money the overall quality of the team will be compromised and will have to rely on Dak more.  I don't think that will be a good thing.  My bet is within the next 3 or so seasons most fans will be calling for Dak's head.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

On 5/28/2019 at 2:50 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think in the future we’ll look back at this years offseason as the dark ages of our forum. Where the famine(Dak vs life talk) was everywhere 

This was 2013-2017 on the Skins forum for RG3/Kirk Cousins. 

Dak is a great QB at his current price tag. Dak would be a good QB with a Ryan Tannehill/Bortles type contract. 

Dak has a lot of followers on this site. If/when he gets paid 30 per year, the number of followers will plummet. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Dak is a great QB at his current price tag. Dak would be a good QB with a Ryan Tannehill/Bortles type contract. 

Dak has a lot of followers on this site. If/when he gets paid 30 per year, the number of followers will plummet. 

As will our win totals.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think it depends how high the cap gets. If it's in the $240M range by 2022 or 2023, then cap hits for Dak in the 30-35 range won't hurt so bad. However, the annual cap growth percentage slowed down in the beginning of the current CBA relative to the prior one.

Your friendly remember that this is BS and the cap shouldn't exist.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think it depends how high the cap gets. If it's in the $240M range by 2022 or 2023, then cap hits for Dak in the 30-35 range won't hurt so bad. However, the annual cap growth percentage slowed down in the beginning of the current CBA relative to the prior one.

Your friendly remember that this is BS and the cap shouldn't exist.

Pay Dak 1 billion per year if we can retain our best players while doing it.

My concern is getting guys like Amari Cooper, Zeke, Jaylon, Byron, etc... top players at their position. We shouldn't balk at signing guys like DLaw. 

I don't like it If we sign Dak to a monster deal, and start letting guys like Zeke, Byron, Jaylon, Lewis, Brown, and Lael Collins walk.

Edited by DaBoys

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

My concern is getting guys like Amari Cooper, Zeke, Jaylon, Byron, etc... top players at their position. We shouldn't balk at signing guys like DLaw. 

I don't like it If we sign Dak to a monster deal, and start letting guys like Zeke, Byron, Jaylon, Lewis, Brown, and Lael Collins walk.

That's just the nature of the beast though. And Lewis is strange name to have on there, better we chance we trade him before the end of his deal than re-sign him IMO, but we'll see.

Something to keep in mind here is that no QB drafted after 2012 has started in a Super Bowl. I think it's fair to wonder if we've hit some sort of wall in development at the position, how good these 2013-onward QBs even are and what the league'll look like without Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers, eventually Rodgers and Ryan. $30M/year will quickly become the going rate for a QB who isn't completely useless.

Edited by matt79511

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:
7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

As will our win totals.

Weve never had Dak w/o a big cap deficit. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Lewis? Collins? Brown?

Give me a break. Those guys are rotational at best. 

21 hours ago, DaBoys said:

We know Allen has the bigger arm but who is the better rushing QB, Josh Allen or Dak?

Allen is freakishly quick given his size.  Surprisingly athletic. My fear with Allen is that hes going to take a beating given his size- he makes for a bigger target.  I think Dak is a smarter or more selective runner at this point.