Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Just now, DaBoys said:

So you bash the article without addressing it's points, then post a link to a tweet that was in the article!?

I took a link from a beat write that said the same things I have been saying for *months* now, but put it in a graph. How is that hard to understand?

And I bashed the author, because he has no ties to the Cowboys and is some amateur fluff piece. I listened to Charlie Weiss and Ross Tucker this morning talk about Dak. You know what they said? He is a franchise QB and the Cowboys would be stupid not to pay him.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I took a link from a beat write that said the same things I have been saying for *months* now, but put it in a graph. How is that hard to understand?

You made fun of the writer because you think his name is funny, and he doesn't agree with you, but while reading his work you found a tweet that you liked and posted it as if you found it yourself. It's easy to understand.

The point of the article is that Dak was 3-5 when teams stopped our running game. 

The cowboys record when Zeke hits 100 is pretty damn good. Seems that for us the running game is the determining factor of wins and losses. The record show this.

Edited by DaBoys

Just now, DaBoys said:

You made fun of the writer because you think his name is funny, but while reading his work you found a tweet that you liked and posted it as if you found it yourself. It's easy to understand.

The point of the article is that Dak was 3-5 when teams stopped our running game. 

The cowboys record when Zeke hits 100 is pretty damn good. Seem the for us the running game is the determining factor of wins and losses. The record show this.

This is silly. I clicked the clink, realized WTF is this guy? Scrolled down to see if I was on the right article (google redirected me), saw the tweet and was excited because I literally argued this point yesterday. Used the tweet, closed the article, read none of it. 

Proof:

Ok homie. Here are the stats again. Last 11 games each player played:

Dak 3061 yards

Wentz 3167 yards

Dak 70% completion on a 7.74 YPA (7.94 ANY/A)

Wentz 69.6% comp on a 7.7 YPA (7.9 ANY/A)

Dak 101 QB rating

Wentz 102 QB rating

Dak and Wentz both 22 total TDs

Dak 11 total INT/Fumbles

Wentz 16 total INT/Fumbles

Would you agree they are pretty much the same? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 24 games:

Dak 5819 yards -  474/718 - 66% comp - 49 TDs - 8 INTS  - 109 QB Rating <=== not perfect, includes run totals

Wentz 6037 yards -  540/871 - 62% comp - 37 TDs - 19 INTs - 88 QB Rating. <=== not perfect, includes run totals

So again. Dak>>> Wentz their first 24 games. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/19549-eagles-extend-carson-wentz/?do=findComment&comment=1867668

^^^^^^^^^^ That tweet just confirmed what I was already saying. It was just a weird coincidence. 

PS: Cowboys were 0-4 when Daks AY/A was under 6. We were 11-3 when his AY/A was over 6.

It appears that once again, the QB's performance is *FAR* more indicative of wins. 

Thats going to be my new thing @DaBoys. Every time you bring up the 100 yard game argument, I am going to remind you that when Dak plays bad, we have a 0% win rate. When Dak plays well, we have a 80% win rate. 

Which, not surprisingly, lines up with what I have been telling you for the last 3 years since we drafted Zeke. The run game has a low correlation to winning. 

EDIT: That means, the run game has carried us to exactly ZERO wins ever when Dak was playing poorly. Because the Run Game has an extremely low correlation to winning. 

Edited by Matts4313

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats going to be my new thing @DaBoys. Every time you bring up the 100 yard game argument, I am going to remind you that when Dak plays bad, we have a 0% win rate. When Dak plays well, we have a 80% win rate. 

Which, not surprisingly, lines up with what I have been telling you for the last 3 years since we drafted Zeke. The run game has a low correlation to winning. 

EDIT: That means, the run game has carried us to exactly ZERO wins ever when Dak was playing poorly. Because the Run Game has an extremely low correlation to winning. 

What's your definition of playing poorly? A low ANY/A?

Cause if so Dak was 19th last year and we made it to the final 8.

But our defense and running game were top notch.

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What's your definition of playing poorly? A low ANY/A?

Cause if so Dak was 19th last year and we made it to the final 8.

But our defense and running game were top notch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There you go. Refute me all you want. 

And I laid it out in my post. Games where Dak was under a 6 (a bad game) we won 0% of the time. When he was above 6+ (mediocre - amazing) we won 80% of the time

I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp. 

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

^^^ None of that speaks well of Moore as a QB coach and/or Linehan as anything.

EDIT — Shouldn’t discount the experience factor either with Dak.

It didn't sound like Moore had much say in anything. I realize that has nothing to do with designing the plays or calling them. Just from the standpoint maybe somehow SL just had a side affect of putting a damper on everything.

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

.Just from the standpoint maybe somehow SL just had a side affect of putting a damper on everything.

A wide receiver for the Cowboys wasn't pleased with a play call that came down from offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Referenced rather directly by All-Pro wideout Dez Bryant following the conclusion of the 2017 season, he may have been the first to comment on scheme issues publicly, but he was far from the last. You heard it again referenced by Allen Hurns just ahead of the bye week in mid-October when -- in an interview with Josina Anderson of ESPN -- the veteran called a specific route by Deonte Thompson as "the worst play call that you would make on that coverage".

When asked about the comments following the next practice, Hurns doubled down but also offered another interesting tidbit.

"I don't think Dak had a chance or I'm not sure if he had the authority to check out of that [play]," he said, before explaining in more detail why the play shouldn't have happened.

In their victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, only nine points were mustered through the first three quarters before Cooper took over the game, nearly literally. 

His game-breaking 75-yard touchdown that came with only 3:12 remaining in regulation would eventually be the score that forced overtime, when he again stepped up to bury the Eagles, but it wasn't supposed to happen. As the two-time pro bowler explained after the game, the original route called by Linehan was a stop/curl, but a frustrated Cooper let Prescott know he didn't like it.

“It’s interesting, because I actually had another stop route on that play, and they were, if you were watching, really sitting on those stop routes,” Cooper said. “And I was like, this is ridiculous. So when I broke the huddle I was kind of mad and I was like, ‘Dak, come on’. And he was like, ‘just run it bro’. And I guess he thought about it again and he kind of signaled a go route and I was elated when he did that. And I took off, caught the ball, and scored.”

You can see all the other WRs and RB run a curl route...... again

Edited by DaBoys

On 6/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, DaBoys said:

I said MONTHS ago during the season, that the QB is the one who dictates pass rush and you and @Nextyearfordaboyz had a whale of a time making fun of the idea. I will dig up the conversation if I have to. It's probably in this thread actually.

This is a total mischaracterization of my opinion.

You claimed that QBs had near total responsibility for sack totals. I just said that was silly, and both OL and QB both have responsibility in that statistic

• Like 1

Over 47 games (with min 10 pass attempts), Prescott had 18 75+ QBR games. Only three of his peers have a better good-game percentage. And he’s had just seven sub-40 QBR games. Only four of his peers have a lower bad-game percentage.

That smells like a pretty big contract.

So Dak has top 5 good games and top 5 bad game%. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is a total mischaracterization of my opinion.

You claimed that QBs had near total responsibility for sack totals. I just said that was silly, and both OL and QB both have responsibility in that statistic

Hey! Where have you been? 

You need to post more. Xoxo