Jump to content
resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or not.

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

65 members have voted

  1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

    • definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t think he’s lost anything. Zeke has never possessed elite top end speed. That’s not his game. His game is built around stamina and durability. He wears you out and takes games over late. That was literally his entire career at Ohio State, and that’s been his career thus far in Dallas. The perception that he’s “slowing down” is due to the incredibly high percentage of 8 and 9 man fronts he faces relative to the rest of the league. Basically, Quincy’s lack of ability is actually hurting Zeke. 

Please tell me you're joking. Zeke didn't have  "Chris Johnson" type speed, but he definitely had elite speed to go along with stamina and durability. It looks like he's lost a step from his 2016 year. He's still an elite RB though.

Consistently is the biggest issue with Dak. If Dak can play next season how he did post Cooper trade, then I would have no gripe if the team resigned him to a deal of $20M/yr. But signing Dak to a $30M/yr deal would pay him as one of the top QBs in the league and that would be a mistake. 

Edited by Tony7188

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see Elliot  “slowing” down might not be as fast a runner as he was in college but he hasn’t slowed down in the pros “YET”.    Still from what I have seen in all my years just how many power runners can you name who lasted over five years without having injuries pile up after those five years not many if any Smith is one but who else comes to mind  so while Elliot is a little more illusive than your normal power back he still is a power back and that is my main concern.  i don’t see him having an eight to ten year career especially if he continues this heavy work load we will know more after next year and yes those missed games last year is like a free year on his body but it’s not really free because we will have to reallly pay for it in salary down the road

Still with Dak I just don’t see Dak asking or this team paying him a MAX salary instead I see something that is a little above your average starter but below the top end QB’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Do you want Scott Linehan back? Because he accomplished those things too. Dez was cut after going 22-10 in his last two years. Dalton Shultz is 10-6 in his career, so why bother looking for a TE?  You should be grateful to have Kellen Moore as a QB coach. He's 10-6 with a playoff win in his first year! He's a guru! We should cut Travis Frederick. He was only 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. Looney went 10-6 with a playoff win. 

 

That's why you can't use team stats as personal achievements. 

Did we receive top 10 QB play the last two seasons? We are 20-14 including playoffs. 58%

OK fair enough....what more do you want from Dak? 

Edited by WizardHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Please tell me you're joking. Zeke didn't have  "Chris Johnson" type speed, but he definitely had elite speed to go along with stamina and durability. It looks like he's lost a step from his 2016 year. He's still an elite RB though.

Consistently is the biggest issue with Dak. If Dak can play next season how he did post Cooper trade, then I would have no gripe if the team resigned him to a deal of $20M/yr. But signing Dak to a $30M/yr deal would pay him as one of the top QBs in the league and that would be a mistake. 

I guess I should have clarified. To me, elite top end speed is Chris Johnson speed. Zeke has never possessed that. As a Michigan man, I watched Zeke intensely at OSU. And I honestly don’t see that much dropoff in his speed. What I saw was him playing slightly out of shape at first, coupled with facing a ton of stacked boxes which prevented him from showcasing the speed that he does possess. I think Frederick’s return will have a huge impact on that next season.

Edited by plan9misfit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I guess I should have clarified. To me, elite top end speed is Chris Johnson speed. Zeke has never possessed that. As a Michigan man, I watched Zeke intensely at OSU. And I honestly don’t see that much dropoff in his speed. What I saw was him playing slightly out of shape at first, coupled with facing a ton of stacked boxes which prevented him from showcasing the speed that he does possess. I think Frederick’s return will have a huge impact on that next season.

Also, Zeke seemed to be a bit nicked up throughout the year.

A few times he went out with ankle and knee issues.

I'm sure that affected him throughout the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

@plan9misfit brings up a great point. Romo is finally not counting against the cap in 2019. That's crazy.

 

Dezs' big contract made him a target. Brandon Carr was hated because of his contract. If you guys think Dak gets a lot of hate now, wait till he's one of the highest paid players ever.

you really think he will be one of the highest players ever???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Do you want Scott Linehan back? Because he accomplished those things too. Dez was cut after going 22-10 in his last two years. Dalton Shultz is 10-6 in his career, so why bother looking for a TE?  You should be grateful to have Kellen Moore as a QB coach. He's 10-6 with a playoff win in his first year! He's a guru! We should cut Travis Frederick. He was only 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. Looney went 10-6 with a playoff win. 

 

That's why you can't use team stats as personal achievements. 

Did we receive top 10 QB play the last two seasons? We are 20-14 including playoffs. 58%

wow, like really wow. People use "team stats" all the time against Dak. Like the offense sucks.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

you really think he will be one of the highest players ever???

For sure, it will probably be top 5 in annual average. And then Wentz, Goff, Mahommes, Watson, etc will get paid, and Dak's contract will look/feel reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Please tell me you're joking. Zeke didn't have  "Chris Johnson" type speed, but he definitely had elite speed to go along with stamina and durability. It looks like he's lost a step from his 2016 year. He's still an elite RB though.

Consistently is the biggest issue with Dak. If Dak can play next season how he did post Cooper trade, then I would have no gripe if the team resigned him to a deal of $20M/yr. But signing Dak to a $30M/yr deal would pay him as one of the top QBs in the league and that would be a mistake. 

I gotta agree with Plan. Zeke doesn't have elite speed. Elite to me would be Tyreek Hill, Byron Jones, etc.

Zeke has great top end speed. But it doesn't quite cross that border of being uncatchable in a foot race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I gotta agree with Plan. Zeke doesn't have elite speed. Elite to me would be Tyreek Hill, Byron Jones, etc.

Zeke has great top end speed. But it doesn't quite cross that border of being uncatchable in a foot race.

Zeke ran a 4.47, which puts him in the 81st percentile of runningbacks entering the draft. Not quite elite, though if you take size into consideration, it's pretty close.

That said, I believe that he is a half step slower than he played at OSU and was as a rookie. He was dealing with some minor injuries this year that were probably a factor and he looks another 5ish pounds heavier as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

you really think he will be one of the highest players ever???

Eh, that term is laced in rhetoric. With a continually escalating salary cap, any big QB contract creates the opportunity for <insert player> to be “the highest paid ever”. The dollar values aren’t as important as the percentage against the cap. When you look at it from that perspective, many of the big QB contract annual cap charges typically account for approximately 12% of the total cap. So, the real question is: Is Quincy worth 12% of the total salary cap year after year? Knowing that it usually means losing other quality players to free agency, Inwoukd argue that he is not worth that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×