Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

QBs that I would take over Dak for the superbowl next week:

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Then Maybeeee Dak, somewhere with these guys:

Nick Foles

Case Keenum

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Tyrod Taylor 

Joe Flacco

Derek Carr

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold 

Lamar Jackson

Mitch Trubisky 

Josh Rosen

So he is somewhere in that 15-25th best QB in the league.

Those are the quarterbacks that you would take, and that is your opinion. And that's all it is

I consider Dak an average pocket passing QB. If an OC( Moore ) can scheme him to be a dual threat QB then YES...I would sign him to an extension. However, I've seen as a pocket passer he CURRENTLY is very average and on some series is below average. On vertical routes he doesn't seem to have much problems. But on come back routes; slant routes; and timing routes he doesn't seem to be accurate and on time. He has ONE more year on his contract. I want to see MORE before giving him the extension. If they make him dual threat then cool. But SLIDE. 

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am aware Dak is a pro bowl replacements, but diminishing that is so typical there was so many other quarterbacks that could have been chosen but they were not Dak was. Dak in only three years has already been to the Pro Bowl twice and yet people on here claim he is average to below-average. That's either total blindness or trolling I don't see any other way to put it

Isn't the pro bowl voted by fans? I'm not sure. But it used to be. The Cowboys have the most fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atran35 said:

I consider Dak an average pocket passing QB. If an OC( Moore ) can scheme him to be a dual threat QB then YES...I would sign him to an extension. However, I've seen as a pocket passer he CURRENTLY is very average and on some series is below average. On vertical routes he doesn't seem to have much problems. But on come back routes; slant routes; and timing routes he doesn't seem to be accurate and on time. He has ONE more year on his contract. I want to see MORE before giving him the extension. If they make him dual threat then cool. But SLIDE. 

Really? He misses Gallup every game and Dez was neutralized because of it.

• Like 1

Just now, DaBoys said:

That's more anticipation more so than the throw itself. DAK is damn frustrating. But since we insistent in keeping him I'm trying to look for positives. I prefer we franchise him until we find someone else or he proves he can be accurate etc...

35 minutes ago, atran35 said:
38 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's more anticipation more so than the throw itself. DAK is damn frustrating. But since we insistent in keeping him I'm trying to look for positives. I prefer we franchise him until we find someone else or he proves he can be accurate etc...

Honestly, Dez and Gallup just needed to run faster and put forth more effort.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Honestly, Dez and Gallup just needed to run faster and put forth more effort.

Was Dez’s effort really ever in question? In Dez’s case I don’t think it was consistently overthrowing his ability to run down down the field, it was just really bad ball placement in general along with opportunities just left on the field without attempting to get him the ball even when he was open. 

I’m actually not nearly as down on Dak as others, but he really damaged Dez’s career in 2017. 

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

QBs that I would take over Dak for the superbowl next week:

Andrew Luck  NO - his last game was worse by far them what Dak has done in play offs 

Pat Mahomes   NO- He lead the best offense in foot ball to 16 yards in one half his last game

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff -   NO again Goff has not played better this year in the play offs then Dak did

Dashaun Watson   -   NO  did you see  the play off game 

Carson Wentz -   NO  he can’t play next week 

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield  -   No

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins -    Kidding right

Matthew Stafford -  hmm close but he  struggled a lot end of season 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G  -    NO freaking way

Then Maybeeee Dak, somewhere with these guys:

Nick Foles

Case Keenum

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Tyrod Taylor 

Joe Flacco

Derek Carr

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold 

Lamar Jackson

Mitch Trubisky 

Josh Rosen

So he is somewhere in that 15-25th best QB in the league.

So just stepping in to next weeks game.  Not replaying from scratch.  none of you maybe guys though Foles gives me pause but he is a rhythm guy and would have zero rhythm with us.   I have seen them play games worse then Dak this year by far and not a ton of better games if any then Daks good games like the final 10.  INCLUDING the INDY one not a good game but still as good as what I’ve seen from a lot of those guys regular games this  year.     Now some of those five years down the road might or might not turn out to be better    

Now trading straight up   That gets interesting Mahomes has impressed every time Goff over last two years been better on average but really didn’t impress me much in this years play offs.  His D carries him against NO as did his running game against us. Some of the vets. How many more  years are they gonna play. 1 2 3 - 5.  I would need to know

10 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

So since he is very low on the list 2/3's of people agree with the Dak is not worth 30 million crowd?

I am not sure what your asking. This is the vote for why Dak made the Pro Bowl. which clearly stats that coaches/players and fans in some combination believe Dak is worthy of being a Pro-Bowler> the few haters on here.

Having said that, I don't think Dak should get 30 million per either. But I am not claiming the sky will fall either if he does.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am not sure what your asking. This is the vote for why Dak made the Pro Bowl. which clearly stats that coaches/players and fans in some combination believe Dak is worthy of being a Pro-Bowler> the few haters on here.

Having said that, I don't think Dak should get 30 million per either. But I am not claiming the sky will fall either if he does.

I am not saying Dak sucks I am just pointing out some flaws. I am in for signing him to 20 million a year but not any more than that. If he is the best ever we still have him for at least 2 more years cheap with him having another contract year and the franchise tag. We don't need to do anything huge until we see that his flaws are correctable(for a huge deal that is). 

2 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I am not saying Dak sucks I am just pointing out some flaws. I am in for signing him to 20 million a year but not any more than that. If he is the best ever we still have him for at least 2 more years cheap with him having another contract year and the franchise tag. We don't need to do anything huge until we see that his flaws are correctable(for a huge deal that is). 

It might be hard to hold off, but I actually don't have a problem with what you said.

We shouldnt be in a hurry to resign Dak. 

Let him play out this year, if he balls out and we cant come to an agreement, franchise him.

If he fails under a new coordinator, I expect JG is gone along with Dak.

We are not forced to pay Dak $30 million a year right now.