Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

15 hours ago, quiller said:

So just stepping in to next weeks game.  Not replaying from scratch.  none of you maybe guys though Foles gives me pause but he is a rhythm guy and would have zero rhythm with us.   I have seen them play games worse then Dak this year by far and not a ton of better games if any then Daks good games like the final 10.  INCLUDING the INDY one not a good game but still as good as what I’ve seen from a lot of those guys regular games this  year.     Now some of those five years down the road might or might not turn out to be better    

Now trading straight up   That gets interesting Mahomes has impressed every time Goff over last two years been better on average but really didn’t impress me much in this years play offs.  His D carries him against NO as did his running game against us. Some of the vets. How many more  years are they gonna play. 1 2 3 - 5.  I would need to know

Dak is 1 for 3 in the playoffs and you act like he is one of the most clutch QBs in the game. Discounting Goff and Mahomes as unproven but giving Dak a pass?

I actually think our team as a whole is much more talented than KC(Defense, OL, RB, etc...). The difference is they have a far better QB.

The fact that you watched Luck and Watson outshine Dak toe to toe, and watched Goff and Mahomes take their team to the Championship game and even super bowl, but can't admit our QB(who has like 4 career 300 yard games) is worse than them, leads me to believe you are a total homer.

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak is 1 for 3 in the playoffs and you act like he is one of the most clutch QBs in the game. Discounting Goff and Mahomes as unproven but giving Dak a pass?

I actually think our team as a whole is much more talented than KC(Defense, OL, RB, etc...). The difference is they have a far better QB.

The fact that you watched Luck and Watson outshine Dak toe to toe, and watched Goff and Mahomes take their team to the Championship game and even super bowl, but can't admit our QB(who has like 4 career 300 yard games) is worse than them, leads me to believe you are a total homer.

Haha yeah, saying that you'd rather have Dak than Mahommes right now makes the haters look like quite a reasonable group in comparison.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, quiller said:

Goff over last two years been better on average but really didn’t impress me much in this years play offs.  His D carries him against NO as did his running game against us.

This was my favorite part.

I didn't think you Dak lovers could recognize things like this. I guess it's easier to see when the QB doesn't have that pretty blue star on him huh?

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

@DaBoys, why do you say Dak is 1 out of 3 as an individual when everyone knows it is a team sport does Dan Marino suck because his playoff record ishas been trash all these years

Amusingly, the only stat that the Dak fans can list to support Dak is our win loss record since he has been the starter. So it's funny I'm getting this push back on his playoff record. 

But to answer your question, it was in response to @quiller. He was going on about how Dak is so clutch while downplaying Goff and Mahomes because they are unproven, and not clutch, while Pat was battling Tommy 5 rings in the New England bowl, and the other is about to do the same in the Super Bowl with a chance to take home the Belichick. 

Edited by DaBoys

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Amusingly, the only stat that the Dak fans can list to support Dak is our win loss record since he has been the starter. So it's funny I'm getting this push back on his playoff record. 

But to answer your question, it was in response to @quiller. He was going on about how Dak is so clutch while downplaying Goff and Mahomes because they are unproven, and not clutch, while Pat was battling Tommy 5 rings in the New England bowl, and the other is about to do the same in the Super Bowl with a chance to take home the Belichick. 

A quarterback can be great and can be clutch and still lose. Because the rest of the team did not function properly. Not saying Dak was clutch all was great just making up the point. If Byron Jones makes one single defensive play on 4th and long that he easily could have made. Dak would be at least two out of 3 is he now a great quarterback because he won one game cuz of one play that had nothing to do with him?

Edited by resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

A quarterback can be great and can be clutch and still lose. Because the rest of the team did not function properly. Not saying Dak was clutch all was great just making up the point. If Byron Jones makes one single defensive play on 4th and long that he easily could have made. Dak would be at least two out of 3 is he now a great quarterback because he won one game cuz of one play that had nothing to do with him?

You can do that with every player. Perhaps if Dak wouldn't have thrown a screen pass to Micah Hyde it wouldn't have come down to a last second field goal at all? 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I did not give Dak a pass just said Mahones hasn’t done anything in playoffs yet more than Dak. And Goff has won two games yes but said Goff didn’t do better in his wins this year then Dak did in his two games this year 

again if you just count our games sure okay. Great we couldn’t stop watson or Luck but also. Dak really outplayed Brees does that count. I don’t think so 

Luck And Watson were terrible in there teams last play off games and Watson has been terrible the second half of the season.  Did you see the Baltimore game what a train wreck. Dak even in some of the bad games last war didn’t play that bad.  and just how much trust injury wise you give Luck 

YES Dak is not a top ten QB but the unwillingness to acknowledge also the weakness and bad play of other QB is just 

who cares about career 300 games.  Look at what NE just did to KC for three qtrs  tell Brady threw a interception to get KC rolling.  ( again16 total yrds 1st half)

Look what a Dak did to the giants when it was all on him throwing.   Our offense is designed for controlling the clock so our D is fresh taking advantage of our best player not throwing the ball 300 plus yards sure Dak can do that and has in the past but that isn’t the best for him or this team 

AND yes before the haters hate DAK is no where near the pure passer Mahones or Goff is but he has other talents and skills those players do not and yes he has shown he is clutch as he right now has as many winning 4 th qtr drives in the playoffs as Either of those players   

And yes if I was redrafting Qb in the NFL from scratch I would take Mahimes over Dak. Not sure yet about Goff   Like ever one says one year success is no indicator   And GOFF is about third or fourth on the list of why the rams are in the super bowl this year. Rams D- Rams running game- Official call. 

13 minutes ago, quiller said:

I did not give Dak a pass just said Mahones hasn’t done anything in playoffs yet more than Dak. And Goff has won two games yes but said Goff didn’t do better in his wins this year then Dak did in his two games this year 

again if you just count our games sure okay. Great we couldn’t stop watson or Luck but also. Dak really outplayed Brees does that count. I don’t think so 

Luck And Watson were terrible in there teams last play off games and Watson has been terrible the second half of the season.  Did you see the Baltimore game what a train wreck. Dak even in some of the bad games last war didn’t play that bad.  and just how much trust injury wise you give Luck 

YES Dak is not a top ten QB but the unwillingness to acknowledge also the weakness and bad play of other QB is just 

who cares about career 300 games.  Look at what NE just did to KC for three qtrs  tell Brady threw a interception to get KC rolling.  ( again16 total yrds 1st half)

Look what a Dak did to the giants when it was all on him throwing.   Our offense is designed for controlling the clock so our D is fresh taking advantage of our best player not throwing the ball 300 plus yards sure Dak can do that and has in the past but that isn’t the best for him or this team 

AND yes before the haters hate DAK is no where near the pure passer Mahones or Goff is but he has other talents and skills those players do not and yes he has shown he is clutch as he right now has as many winning 4 th qtr drives in the playoffs as Either of those players   

And yes if I was redrafting Qb in the NFL from scratch I would take Mahimes over Dak. Not sure yet about Goff   Like ever one says one year success is no indicator   And GOFF is about third or fourth on the list of why the rams are in the super bowl this year. Rams D- Rams running game- Official call. 

I'm pretty sure @DaBoys point was people stating Goff only one because of his running game and defense yet cant make that connection to Dak. 

You're right. No one cares about 300 yard games. But the inconsistency with Dak is what drives most of us crazy.

I dont care what Watson or Luck or Mahomes did in the playoffs. I take all 3 of those players over Dak.

• Like 1

If all the QB were put in a pool and teams were forced to draft first come first serve  and it gets reset every year my order would be similar to this

in order 1 and on   

Brady -  Wilson -  Rogers - Big Ben - Brees - newton - mahomes - Luck - 

the next few real close pick em 

Goff - Dak - Rivers - Wentz     All of these on this line have a lot of reasons to pick over Dak but Goff can’t run as well and hasn’t consistently showed me over past three years   Rivers is getting too old and doesn’t run as well and does not up his game in the clutch  Wentz has some good runs but is hurt prone never really played a big game yet so who knows how he reacts       Dak is not even close to be perfect nor the pure passer of the others on this line but way better runner and has shown he can win the big game and can be clutch 

my nextbchiice might be a guaranteed healthy Mariota  

Edited by quiller

We should do a list including only QBs 30 years old or younger. As that seems to be close to the cutoff for getting a big money long term deal.

No Brees, Brady, Ben etc.. just QBs that can still get a long term deal. That is where Dak makes sense.

Edited by DaBoys

Matthew Stafford age 30*

Russell Wilson age 30*

Ryan Tannehill age 30*

Kirk Cousins age 30*

Andrew Luck age 29*

Cam Newton age 29*

Nick Foles age 29*

Tyrod Taylor age 29*

Derek Carr age 27*

Jimmy G age 27*

Blake Bortles age 26*

Carson Wentz age 26*

Dak Prescott age 25*

Marcus Mariota age 25*

Jared Goff age 24*

Mitch Trubisky age 24*

Jameis Winston age 24*

Pat Mahomes age 23*

D. Watson age 23*

Baker Mayfield age 23*

Josh Allen age 22*

Sam Darnold age 21

Josh Rosen age 21

Lamar Jackson age 21

That's 24 QBs age 30 and under. 

* QBs that are capable of 245.25 total yards and 1.77 total TDs per game. Which are Daks gaudy career averages.

Edited by DaBoys

On 1/24/2019 at 7:09 AM, HDsportsfan said:

I'm the first to admit I'm being or have been very wishy-washy on this topic and not "picked a side".

But come on man. Sure that game was winnable. But don't lose sight of the fact the defense gave up record yards on the ground. The Rams owned TOP of possession. And when we had a chance to get the ball back to our offense at the end of the game the D couldn't do it. So Dak to a certain degree didn't have a chance to drive down and to tie the game. He certainly didn't make enough mistakes to lose that game. Not to mention the timing and quality of 3 penalties.

He had a chance if you remember him not being able to complete a simple pass to the TE on our 2nd to last possession. If he had enough chances to win the game then those are the chances that cost us the game.

And why do people keep bringing up the defense when discussing Dak? How many times are they supposed to bail him out of these situations. Why is it always our defense has to keep the offense to 15 points or less? You don't think this defense was gonna have a bad day or two? Not any word about Dak actually going above his average and delivering a "franchise" like performance?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, resilient part 2 said:

I am aware Dak is a pro bowl replacements, but diminishing that is so typical there was so many other quarterbacks that could have been chosen but they were not Dak was. Dak in only three years has already been to the Pro Bowl twice and yet people on here claim he is average to below-average. That's either total blindness or trolling I don't see any other way to put it

The Pro Bowl is meaningless. There are numerous players at every position who get there and are totally undeserving. Quincy is one of those players. Getting in because multiple other players drop out and/or decline attending doesn’t prove that he earned his way in. Quincy is a below average QB, and stating the obvious that he isn’t deserving of the nod is being honest, not trolling.

For reference, please remember when Steve McNair (a Pro Bowl alternate himself) dropped out of the game so his close friend, rookie Vince Young, could go. Was VY deserving? Not remotely. But did he get in? Yep.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1