Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

22 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And most of those elements you mentioned go away very shortly after he gets overpaid because the cap will prevent the team from retaining them. Thus, making him a pedestrian player, and giving the team a losing record bwcause he isn’t talented enough to win without stars all around him.

So dramatic. You don't know what Dak's contract is gonna be or how it's gonna be constructed? 

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So dramatic. You don't know what Dak's contract is gonna be or how it's gonna be constructed? 

If it’s anything like the long term deals we typically dole out, it’ll be one which requires annual restructuring, which compounds the negative monetary impacts by drawing them out for even longer durations of time. That’s the Cowboys way. Bad contracts for ridiculous periods of time, with ever-growing massive back-end cap charges.

I don't believe Dak is a franchise QB. He's played really well at certain points in the season and terrible at other points. He's made incredible throws that make you say "Wow!" and then throws that make you believe that he should be a backup QB. That's not the makings of a franchise QB. Teams know that if they stack the box and stop Zeke, that they have the best chance to beat Dallas. You know why that is? Because Dak is inconsistent at QB and opposing defenses don't respect him. You know what you're going to get from Zeke. You know what you're going to get from Cooper. You don't know what Dak you're going to get. Zeke is getting worked like a mule and run into the ground. He looks a far cry from the player he was in 2016, so more will be needed from Dak in the future and I don't think he has the accuracy or arm talent to do it.

I would let him play out his contract, franchise him and then draft a heir apparent at QB in 2020. 

Edited by Tony7188

7 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I don't believe Dak is a franchise QB. He's played really well at certain points in the season and terrible at other points. Teams know that if they stack the box and stop Zeke, that is the best chance to beat Dallas. You know why that is? Because Dak is inconsistent at QB and opposing defenses don't respect him. You know what you're going to get from Zeke. You know what you're going to get from Cooper. You don't know what Dak you're going to get. Zeke is getting worked like a mule and run into the ground. He looks a far cry from the player he was in 2016, so more will be needed from Dak in the future and I don't think he has the accuracy or arm talent to do it. 

I would let him play out his contract, franchise him and then draft a heir apparent at QB in 2020. 

If defenses respected Quincy’s abilities as a QB, Zeke wouldn’t have faced stacked boxes on 25% of his snaps.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We do know that his agent has all the leverage in the world based on the stubborn, years-long, borderline aggrieved insistence from Jerry and Stephen that Dak is this team’s franchise QB now and for the foreseeable future. You look at the totality of his NFL resume (rate statistics, W-L, intangibles) and it’s kind of ridiculous to think he and his agent would take a penny less than Cousins and Garoppolo got, unless he takes a deliberately team-friendly deal, which, why would he? Dude’s been living off 4th round pick money and isn’t exactly married to Gisele or anything

All in all it would be a huge shock to me if he signs a deal that’s substantially under $30M/yr

• Like 1

I say this without really having a dog in tis fight per se. And this really isn't Dak related.

But.....I don't buy that we have worn Zeke down already. He didn't even play a full season last year. He's a young man. He's got a few good years un him. I don't know if he's "lost a step" or not. I just don't think he's worn down....not yet anyway. Not sure whose or what point I'm arguing here. Just felt I needed to get that out.

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Failure is a hard thing to accept when success is all we've known. White, Staubach, Aikman, Romo.

But I get ya, we sound so so entitled sometimes

I passionately hated Romo’s albatross contract as well. @The_Slamman and I were two of the very few people around here who said that his deal would place us in cap purgatory because it was designed to be restructured every year, thus increasing the risk of massive amounts of dead money hanging around years past the original contract term. And what happened? Exactly that. 2019 will be the first year where we aren’t paying Romo not to be on the team.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

I say this without really having a dog in tis fight per se. And this really isn't Dak related.

But.....I don't buy that we have worn Zeke down already. He didn't even play a full season last year. He's a young man. He's got a few good years un him. I don't know if he's "lost a step" or not. I just don't think he's worn down....not yet anyway. Not sure whose or what point I'm arguing here. Just felt I needed to get that out.

I don’t think he’s lost anything. Zeke has never possessed elite top end speed. That’s not his game. His game is built around stamina and durability. He wears you out and takes games over late. That was literally his entire career at Ohio State, and that’s been his career thus far in Dallas. The perception that he’s “slowing down” is due to the incredibly high percentage of 8 and 9 man fronts he faces relative to the rest of the league. Basically, Quincy’s lack of ability is actually hurting Zeke. 

@plan9misfit brings up a great point. Romo is finally not counting against the cap in 2019. That's crazy.

Dezs' big contract made him a target. Brandon Carr was hated because of his contract. If you guys think Dak gets a lot of hate now, wait till he's one of the highest paid players ever.

32 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I passionately hated Romo’s albatross contract as well. @The_Slamman and I were two of the very few people around here who said that his deal would place us in cap purgatory because it was designed to be restructured every year, thus increasing the risk of massive amounts of dead money hanging around years past the original contract term. And what happened? Exactly that. 2019 will be the first year where we aren’t paying Romo not to be on the team.

Mhmm I agree. Everyone said we barely had talent around Romo those years which can be attributed to bad drafting but also his contracts took up too much space to put talent around him.

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If that is the trade off for Dallas winning 2 of 3 games and 2 NFCE crowns in 3 seasons....then yeah, I'll take that all day. 

Do you want Scott Linehan back? Because he accomplished those things too. Dez was cut after going 22-10 in his last two years. Dalton Shultz is 10-6 in his career, so why bother looking for a TE?  You should be grateful to have Kellen Moore as a QB coach. He's 10-6 with a playoff win in his first year! He's a guru! We should cut Travis Frederick. He was only 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. Looney went 10-6 with a playoff win. 

That's why you can't use team stats as personal achievements. 

Did we receive top 10 QB play the last two seasons? We are 20-14 including playoffs. 58%

• Like 3

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Failure is a hard thing to accept when success is all we've known. White, Staubach, Aikman, Romo.

But I get ya, we sound so so entitled sometimes

Cute.  Of course only two of those listed has done anything significantly better according to the expectations of those that dislike Dak better then Dak   So.  Yeah love those expectations of no super bowls 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Do you want Scott Linehan back? Because he accomplished those things too. Dez was cut after going 22-10 in his last two years. Dalton Shultz is 10-6 in his career, so why bother looking for a TE?  You should be grateful to have Kellen Moore as a QB coach. He's 10-6 with a playoff win in his first year! He's a guru! We should cut Travis Frederick. He was only 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. Looney went 10-6 with a playoff win. 

That's why you can't use team stats as personal achievements. 

Did we receive top 10 QB play the last two seasons? We are 20-14 including playoffs. 58%

Part of this year I would say yes from mid point on Dak stats put him in the top ten during that time     Seattle playoffs win I would say yes as Dak outplayed Wilson in the playoffs   And Dak okayed as well as Goff did in the LA game so ..,

do I think that makes hima top ten QB in the league.   NO.  Can he get there over time and development maybe can we win a super bowl with him.   YES this year shows that even more so as you can not convince me Goff carried the Rams to the super bowl on his back this year