Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, D82 said:

I know its hard for people to understand why some do not want to pay a QB when looking at the above, BUT I look at a lot more than just the final numbers. He did make some great throws this past year but how many wide open receivers did he miss? How many sacks did he take because he has no internal clock in his head to tell him "hey its been 4 seconds throw the damned ball". How many balls from Dak was caught high, behind or way out in front of the receiver? Cooper made Dak a better QB but a 30 million dollar a year QB needs to make receivers look better. If he was a 30 million dollar QB Zeke wouldn't be running against 8-9 man fronts each and every game. Pay him, we probably will, but if Zeke goes down we want win 20% of our games at any given time. Prove me wrong with stats but in 2017 without Zeke we went 3-3 with all 3 wins against last place teams. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I know its hard for people to understand why some do not want to pay a QB when looking at the above, BUT I look at a lot more than just the final numbers. He did make some great throws this past year but how many wide open receivers did he miss? How many sacks did he take because he has no internal clock in his head to tell him "hey its been 4 seconds throw the damned ball". How many balls from Dak was caught high, behind or way out in front of the receiver? Cooper made Dak a better QB but a 30 million dollar a year QB needs to make receivers look better. If he was a 30 million dollar QB Zeke wouldn't be running against 8-9 man fronts each and every game. Pay him, we probably will, but if Zeke goes down we want win 20% of our games at any given time. Prove me wrong with stats but in 2017 without Zeke we went 3-3 with all 3 wins against last place teams. 

you or anyone can always nit pick "misses" bad throws, "taking sacks" Which I will say AGAIN, happens a lot to EVERY QB. YES Dak needs to improve on many things. 

BUT in the meantime he is a 3rd year QB and the only thing that matters when reflecting on Dak's production is not NIT PICKING. IT's the BOTTOM LINE

and if those are Dak's numbers for his last 15 games DAMN, that's a good BOTTOM line. (then remind your self he did that with a NOW fired OC.)

Edited by resilient part 2

Ultimately, it's going to come down to the FRONT OFFICE deciding is their any other OPTIONS that is superior and available. If NOT then he will prob. be re sign to an extension. Just hopes the extension doesn't break the bank and hurt us for years to come. 

5 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

Every single QB in the NFL, be they a backup or an All-Pro starter misses wide open receivers. It happens. Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers - ALL of them, have missed a wide open receiver at one time or another. 

Sure, he took some sacks toward the beginning of the year that he probably could have avoided - but, as numbers have shown, his sack numbers are right in line with some other very good QBs. And, it's an area he improved on later in the season. People LOVED to complain about Romo in his early years making risky throws when he should have just took the sack or threw the ball away. 

You can't deny Dak has shown the ability to put the team on his back and win in this league. Remember that game against Pittsburgh in 2016? Remember him going toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs? The kid has a lot of potential and his team feeds off that. They love playing with the guy. QBs aren't easy to come by in this league, and sometimes you have to overpay to keep a good one. We might have to "overpay" Dak, but in another year or two his contract will likely look much more ideal compared to some of the others being handed out. 

It's like some of you guys don't actually watch the rest of the NFL and just like to nitpick every single thing to have something to complain about.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Every single QB in the NFL, be they a backup or an All-Pro starter misses wide open receivers. It happens. Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers - ALL of them, have missed a wide open receiver at one time or another. 

3 out of those 4 have SB rings and 1 was a first year starter who was in the AFC championship game. They deliver different results then Dak has been able to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Sure, he took some sacks toward the beginning of the year that he probably could have avoided - but, as numbers have shown, his sack numbers are right in line with some other very good QBs. And, it's an area he improved on later in the season. People LOVED to complain about Romo in his early years making risky throws when he should have just took the sack or threw the ball away. 

You can't deny Dak has shown the ability to put the team on his back and win in this league. Remember that game against Pittsburgh in 2016? Remember him going toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs? The kid has a lot of potential and his team feeds off that. They love playing with the guy. QBs aren't easy to come by in this league, and sometimes you have to overpay to keep a good one. We might have to "overpay" Dak, but in another year or two his contract will likely look much more ideal compared to some of the others being handed out. 

It's like some of you guys don't actually watch the rest of the NFL and just like to nitpick every single thing to have something to complain about.

ding ding ding.....winner

47 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

3 out of those 4 have SB rings and 1 was a first year starter who was in the AFC championship game. They deliver different results then Dak has been able to.

all four are MVPs and some multiple times. Most say those are the GOATs, so Dak in only his third year isn't as good and this is what you base your argument on?????

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

all four are MVPs and some multiple times. Most say those are the GOATs, so Dak in only his third year isn't as good and this is what you base your argument on?????

Base my argument on results. Some on stats but results are the bottom line. Dak hasn't delivered.

29 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not sure what results your looking for, but based on being in his 3rd year, I venture to guess 90% or more HOF QBs haven't either by year 3.

Something similar to Mahomes would have been nice. And what's frustrating beyond anything is that it was an achievable goal. But he failed to do what he said he was going to and deliver when his team needed him most.

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Something similar to Mahomes would have been nice. And what's frustrating beyond anything is that it was an achievable goal. But he failed to do what he said he was going to and deliver when his team needed him most.

Mahomes is a stud, maybe a GOAT candidate one day. But in the meantime comparing what Mahomes has to deal with in weapons/system and coaching compared to Dak is like comparing a McDonald's cheeseburger to Filet mignon. 

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Mahomes is a stud, maybe a GOAT candidate one day. But in the meantime comparing what Mahomes has to deal with in weapons/system and coaching compared to Dak is like comparing a McDonald's cheeseburger to Filet mignon. 

Well we are supposedly getting the greatest football mind the NFL has ever seen as a OC with a supposed offensive guru calling the plays again so his production should dwarf Mahomes next year. Either way that game was winnable and it was Dak himself who said he wanted the game in his hands.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not sure what results your looking for, but based on being in his 3rd year, I venture to guess 90% or more HOF QBs haven't either by year 3.

I looked it up previously and right now Goff has a chance to do something NO other three year or less QB has ever done and that includes Brady.  Win a super bowl  where his opponent during  that playoff  year scored more than 18 points.    And he is getting this chance based on that horrendous bad call at end of the saints game that should have eliminated him  

so yeah young QB some times put up great numbers during the season  but don’t win in the play offs  with out great defenses behind them    

It’s amazing to read all this also do you realize how much heat would have fallen in Dak if he went through a play off game where the offense only got 16 yards for the whole half????

mahomes was lucky his defense keep him in the game for three quarters  before he started doing something   

While Dak had to get through a game where his defense stopped the opponent only ONCE   Yet it still was a one possession  game at the end   

And did anyone watch Goff against the saints and he didn’t play any better then Dak did against the Rams Goff played a good end game but was terrible at the beginning   Interception  missed a lot of open guys you no those things that get Dak crucified 

NOW both Goff and Mahomes are better passers mechanically then Dak  

are they better winners in the clutch  that remains to be seen mahomes hasn’t won a clutch game yet and Dak has won just as many clutch playoff games as Goff.  Clutch being leading his team to a winning score in the 4th qtr.  are they better making plays with their feet well I would say no   

Are Goff Mahimes overall better at this point I would say yes but they also are in better situations offensively then Dak over past two years and remember Dak was great as a rookie year one as much as Mahomes was this year in terms of QB efficiency and wins   And like Mahomes (s 2nd yr QB) lost a shoot out to a hall of fame QB in the playoffs where he did great all game not just one qtr 

Edited by quiller
  • Like 1