SB LIII: Pats vs Rams, who ya got?

malagabears

Winner: Doug Pederson - beat the Pats with Nick Foles. Nick Foles. Seems like teams should have been looking for new coaches who were Facebook friends with Pederson instead of McVay.  

Losers:

• Boy Genius Coach: 3 points from his vaunted O.
  • Goff: he's still young, but important games look too big for him (Bears, 1st half of Saints, tonight). Looked utterly shellshocked tonight.
  • Lions: The Pats' D has been SO much better this year than in the past couple with Patricia leading that side of the ball. 
  • Gurley: where's the Cutler-esque outrage at Gurley not playing?
  • Donald: For me, one of the most overrated players in the league. Sure, he has short-area quickness and rushes well in a straight line. But, his run d is a joke, and teams can plan to reduce his influence. 

EDIT:

PS- It's just as well that the Bears weren't playing; I would have had an aneurysm if Parkey was kicking in this game. 

1 hour ago, yomyyo said:

Winner: Doug Pederson - beat the Pats with Nick Foles. Nick Foles. Seems like teams should have been looking for new coaches who were Facebook friends with Pederson instead of McVay.  

Losers:

• Goff: he's still young, but important games look too big for him (Bears, 1st half of Saints, tonight). Looked utterly shellshocked tonight.
  • Lions: The Pats' D has been SO much better this year than in the past couple with Patricia leading that side of the ball. 
  • Donald: For me, one of the most overrated players in the league. Sure, he has short-area quickness and rushes well in a straight line. But, his run d is a joke, and teams can plan to reduce his influence. 

EDIT:

PS- It's just as well that the Bears weren't playing; I would have had an aneurysm if Parkey was kicking in this game. 

My buddies were giving me crap... every time there was a FG to be kicked I was hyperventilating... they think I have PTSD and they're right.

Well that was lower scoring than I thought. 😴😴 Even Brady did not have the greatest of games. But Goff was flat out terrible. I think they had 8 or 9 punts and a few 3 & out drives. I didn't think coming in that NE's was that great. But what do I know? 🤔🤔

Top to bottom easily the worst Superbowl I have ever seen...same considering it was played in an amazing stadium...hope Atlanta gets another go around...

At least I called it right...in a close game there was no way Goff wasn't going to bottle it...the full Rams team just didn't have enough experience to pull through without a lead...typical Bill & Brady. 

3 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Just reading through a few Internet news items that Gurley more or less vanished during the playoffs & SB. Was he hurt? I remember reading he had knee issues but did they linger throughout the playoffs?

He says he was healthy...I do struggle to believe that though considering how bad he has been these last two games.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He says he was healthy...I do struggle to believe that though considering how bad he has been these last two games.

Makes me wonder about how tough he is. Was he actually hurt to the point that LA was better off with a journeyman? Is he just kind of a wuss when he is hurt? Or is he in McVay's doghouse right now? A lot of possibilities to consider. I think he injured his knee in Dec, so he has had almost 2 months to recover, but still might be struggling.

Dude got paid and THEN was playing hard, so I just don't imagine he would call it in, but IDK. If he is saying today that he was healthy then that will raise some serious questions to me. Saying he is healthy before a game is typical lip service that every team does at times, hell we dressed Jackson without intention of playing him.

13 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

How hilarious will it be if for the rest of Goff's career he's viewed as "good" and "bust" on alternating years

While he certainly didn't play well yesterday, the people call him a bust are silly.  That was a perfectly fitted game plan executed well on the Pat's D.  

For being the "offensive genius" McVay was garbage yesterday. This is two years he has been absolutely owned in the playoffs. Last year ATL kept them out of the endzone to the point they only had 13 points. I mean, they moved the ball, but still didn't put up points while having that much talent to work with.

Funny trend -

Goff himself was outscored by the Falcon's kicker in their lone playoff game last season.

This year, Goff was on the biggest stage and just put up 21+ points in the two previous games, again is outscored by the opposing kicker.

11 hours ago, yomyyo said:

Losers:

EDIT:

Donald is the best defensive player in football and it isn't close.

Archived