Dolphins to hire Packers ILB coach Patrick Graham as DC

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/report-dolphins-to-hire-packers-assistant-as-defensive-coordinator/

This seems as uninspiring as Flores. But seems to confirm our move back to the 3-4. Packers/Patriots/Giants fans care to chime in?

Caldwell is a pretty decent hire - probably best case scenario for the offense but still a bit underwhelming. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

?

It's been reported that the Bengals haven't talked to Taylor since their first interview.  That Taylor hadn't been informed he would be the next HC.

So based on that, you'd have to assume they've done zero work with Taylor to line up his staff.  Either nothing is being done, or they're going off their initial list that was presented in the interview.

Either way, i'm just frustrated because this is a dumb rule and i want coaches, lol.

(honestly though, it's probably more likely they're just straight up lying and they have been talking to each other.  that's still frustrating)

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's been reported that the Bengals haven't talked to Taylor since their first interview.  That Taylor hadn't been informed he would be the next HC.

So based on that, you'd have to assume they've done zero work with Taylor to line up his staff.  Either nothing is being done, or they're going off their initial list that was presented in the interview.

Either way, i'm just frustrated because this is a dumb rule and i want coaches, lol.

(honestly though, it's probably more likely they're just straight up lying and they have been talking to each other.  that's still frustrating)

Well, one area of relief for the Bengals is that by rule the Bengals and Dolphins can now set up 2nd interviews with Taylor and Flores, respectively. Historically, these pre-SB interviews have all been virtually done-deals, as these ones are, and are used to discuss personnel matters.

Caldwell is getting an advisory role, he's not going to be the OC. Reports have said that Flores has his eye on a younger coordinator for OC with Caldwell overlooking him and I'd bet he's going to do something similar on defense with Graham.

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well, one area of relief for the Bengals is that by rule the Bengals and Dolphins can now set up 2nd interviews with Taylor and Flores, respectively. Historically, these pre-SB interviews have all been virtually done-deals, as these ones are, and are used to discuss personnel matters.

It'd be nice to get the staff on board, officially, ASAP.  Because the Bengals scouting staff is so small, they typically count on the coaches to provide their own scouting too.  With the senior bowl only a few days away, it's important to get those coaches on the roster so they can attend the senior bowl.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/report-dolphins-to-hire-packers-assistant-as-defensive-coordinator/

This seems as uninspiring as Flores. But seems to confirm our move back to the 3-4. Packers/Patriots/Giants fans care to chime in?

Caldwell is a pretty decent hire - probably best case scenario for the offense but still a bit underwhelming. Sigh.

One hopes. Never ever want to see this Wide 9 junk again in Miami. Welcome back, 3-4! 

Don’t know where else to post this opinion. 

But this coaching staff is completely underwhelming. Like this is the reason the Pats have been so good because the teams in the division can’t challenge because they can’t get the coaching hires right.

You have the report that they are hiring Graham as the DC and the reports that the Pats WR coach O’Shea will be his OC. He would have been a fine OC if he was going to be McDaniels OC to help him run the offense but to give him full offensive control...woof

so we have a first time HC, hiring a first time DC, and a first time OC, and there all conntected because of the Pats.

Yeah I see some success happening in Miami /s

On 1/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, theJ said:

yep

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Don’t know where else to post this opinion. 

But this coaching staff is completely underwhelming. Like this is the reason the Pats have been so good because the teams in the division can’t challenge because they can’t get the coaching hires right.

You have the report that they are hiring Graham as the DC and the reports that the Pats WR coach O’Shea will be his OC. He would have been a fine OC if he was going to be McDaniels OC to help him run the offense but to give him full offensive control...woof

so we have a first time HC, hiring a first time DC, and a first time OC, and there all conntected because of the Pats.

Yeah I see some success happening in Miami /s

It's pretty obvious Miami Dolphins are tanking and Brian Flores is captain of tank and he'll be fired after terrible season like Steve Wilks 

Archived