Dolphins to hire Packers ILB coach Patrick Graham as DC

TheKillerNacho

On 1/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, buno67 said:

Don’t know where else to post this opinion. 

But this coaching staff is completely underwhelming. Like this is the reason the Pats have been so good because the teams in the division can’t challenge because they can’t get the coaching hires right.

You have the report that they are hiring Graham as the DC and the reports that the Pats WR coach O’Shea will be his OC. He would have been a fine OC if he was going to be McDaniels OC to help him run the offense but to give him full offensive control...woof

so we have a first time HC, hiring a first time DC, and a first time OC, and there all conntected because of the Pats.

Yeah I see some success happening in Miami /s

A lot of people have said the Dolphins aren't a desirable destination so I'm not sure why any of you are expecting grade A hires across the board. It looks fine to me so far:

HC- Flores

OC- O'Shea

QB Coach & Asst HC- Caldwell (most likely helping with offense)

DC- Graham (And will most likely hire a gray-beard to help with the defense).

The Patriots have the best QB and HC in the NFL. Thats why they're successful. Teams in the AFC East cant contend because they can't find the same. 

2 hours ago, Ajayii said:

A lot of people have said the Dolphins aren't a desirable destination so I'm not sure why any of you are expecting grade A hires across the board. It looks fine to me so far:

HC- Flores

OC- O'Shea

QB Coach & Asst HC- Caldwell (most likely helping with offense)

DC- Graham (And will most likely hire a gray-beard to help with the defense).

The Patriots have the best QB and HC in the NFL. Thats why they're successful. Teams in the AFC East cant contend because they can't find the same. 

When you hire a crap staff like that, you help the other teams. 

I wasn’t expecting grade A hires across the board. I was assuming at least Cs. I give those hires Fs. They are friendship hires. He could have done a lot better IMO. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dolphins going from Rizzi to Crossman would be enough for me to turn in my cut and step away from the team. What a joke.

Lol. Maybe you should step off the ledge. Dolphins were 65-79 during his tenure as ST coordinator. 

He’s a good coach but he’s not the messiah. It’ll be ok.

17 hours ago, Emerica said:

Lol. Maybe you should step off the ledge. Dolphins were 65-79 during his tenure as ST coordinator. 

He’s a good coach but he’s not the messiah. It’ll be ok.

Lol exactly.

Crossman and Rizzi's units both average right around 20th according to DVOA over their careers.

19 hours ago, buno67 said:

When you hire a crap staff like that, you help the other teams. 

I wasn’t expecting grade A hires across the board. I was assuming at least Cs. I give those hires Fs. They are friendship hires. He could have done a lot better IMO. 

This is what everyone said was going to happen. Why were your expectations so high? 

I do think teams that hired coaches that weren't in the playoffs had the one-up on Miami. Mostly every assistant coach was pretty much hired before the Dolphins even hired Flores.

1 hour ago, Ajayii said:

Lol exactly.

Crossman and Rizzi's units both average right around 20th according to DVOA over their careers.

OA0E9G69_bigger.jpgMike RodakVerified account @mikerodak
FollowingFollowing @mikerodak
MoreBills ranked 31st entering Sunday in special-teams efficiency, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Ranks 400th out of 416 teams since ESPN started tracking stat in 2006. Another Danny Crossman-coached unit, the 2013 Bills, ranks 409th.

45 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This is quite literally the most underwhelming coaching staff I've seen assembled since I started seriously following the sport in 2008.

We're going to suck in 2019. And probably several years thereafter.

Embrace it my brother. We're about due for a couple 2-5 wins seasons being stuck in the 6-8 wins purgatory for 10 years now. It wont be long if we can hit on a QB.

I will say that I'm not as doom and gloom as other fans, media, opposing fans, etc since I witnessed rock-bottom; the 2007 team. We're in a far better situation than then.

23 hours ago, Ajayii said:

This is what everyone said was going to happen. Why were your expectations so high? 

I do think teams that hired coaches that weren't in the playoffs had the one-up on Miami. Mostly every assistant coach was pretty much hired before the Dolphins even hired Flores.

Flores had to of known he had the job before Miami made it public. They had to tell him as soon as possible so he could start building a potential staff

a rookie HC with a rookie OC and rookie DC sounds freaking awful. Only way that staff could have been any worse is if he hired Hue Jackson. 

Wasnt expecting him to piece together an all time great coaching staff like Freddie Kitchens just assembled in Cleveland but to completely drop the ball, gonna be ugly next year in Miami

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Flores had to of known he had the job before Miami made it public. They had to tell him as soon as possible so he could start building a potential staff

a rookie HC with a rookie OC and rookie DC sounds freaking awful. Only way that staff could have been any worse is if he hired Hue Jackson. 

Wasnt expecting him to piece together an all time great coaching staff like Freddie Kitchens just assembled in Cleveland but to completely drop the ball, gonna be ugly next year in Miami

They were still doing interviews for the HC position while majority of assistants were already being poached is what I'm saying.

I'm not going to act like I can predict the future by who's hired. I did that with the "great offensive coordinator" in Gase and "the guy who helped Rodgers develop into a HOF" with Philbin. Neither did what they were supposed to do. Tony Sparano, bless his soul, was put into a worst situation than Flores and turned the team around in an offseason. 

Archived