Should a pass interference call, or lack of PI call, be something a coach can challenge?

Dome

1) I know Payton has pushed for this the last couple years trying to get this changed. He just got a lot of leverage. Does he have enough? Should a pass interference call, or lack of PI call, be something a coach can challenge?

2) What would the process be for changing this? Can they change it or do they need to wait for the CBA to expire?

3) Would you like to see them change any other part of the challenge rules?

8 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

No, but I do think it makes sense for a dude in a review booth to gets refs to take a review where a flagrant example is overlooked. 

I’d be happy with that too, I’d rather they put it in the teams hands though. 

58 minutes ago, Dome said:

@goldfishwars how do you define “flagrant” for that example? What is the league looking for?

If it's clear from replays there is evidence contradicting on-field decisions then it's flagged to the officiating staff. They're replayed in the stadium anyway, seems silly for those officials not to have an opportunity to change their mind in a way that takes it out of their hands. I'm really only thinking of obvious cases like in last night's game. 

Look at how ridiculous reviewing a catch became.  That is less subjective than PI. 

If anything gets added to reviews, I would say Delay of Game.  Out of all the things to add to review, that should be the most cut and dry.  

Archived