Which team is going to experience the biggest decline next year?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

That schedule gets a hell of a lot tougher though, is the main thing. Weakest schedule in football this year. Next year they draw the AFC West, the NFC East, and the Saints/Rams as conference foes. That's a much tougher slate on paper than this year's.

They also had the 2nd fewest injuries in football this year, so that will inevitably move towards the average as well.

It gets especially tough if the Packers and/or Vikings bounce back a bit.

Holy **** that is a rough slate. Two playoff teams in both the divisional draws and the NFC 1/2 seed. Sheesh.

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears are the 2nd youngest team in the league and everyone is signed for 2 more years.

They might not win 12, but I cannot see them falling off the face of the earth.

Personally I think the Bears are going to be a playoff team next year as well but injuries, schedule will make it tougher. I think people are interested what the Bears do next year because they have seen what happened with the Jags. Both the Jags and Bears suffered devastating playoff losses. Obviously Mitch is better than Bortles and I don't think anyone can imagine that he will regress as much as Bortles did from 2017 to 2018 but still. I'd probably put the Bears at 10-6/11-5 but I can also understand why some people have concerns.

19 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

That schedule gets a hell of a lot tougher though, is the main thing. Weakest schedule in football this year. Next year they draw the AFC West, the NFC East, and the Saints/Rams as conference foes. That's a much tougher slate on paper than this year's.

They also had the 2nd fewest injuries in football this year, so that will inevitably move towards the average as well.

It gets especially tough if the Packers and/or Vikings bounce back a bit.

BEAR DOWN.. I REPEAT BEAR DOWN. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, MikeT14 said:

Could finally be the Pats. Gronk retires, Brady maybe finally sorta regresses, a difference here and there. Not saying they won't be good, but maybe they go from SB appearance to first round exit?

Nah, the 1st round team they play will be dumb as usual and try and play zone D against Brady. The rest of the division stinks as they have for 2 decades now and so he gets the bye week as well.

If we are just talking wins then this is easy... DC.

• Their 20 million dollar QB may miss the entire season.
    • They were lucky as hell to start out 6-3.
      • That Tampa game was insane: Outgained 501 to 286 but Tampa made like 5 boneheaded mistakes.
    • 7-9 last year to 3-13 or 2-14 this year.

If we are talking roster talent reduction then maybe Philly:

• They will have less talent, but with a healthy Wentz who gets a bit better they might win 10+ games
    • No Brooks until at least November will be a huge loss
  • They could have won 11 or 12 last year
    • Lost to the Vikings on a strip sack TD
    • Lost to the Panthers and Titans on 4th quarter meltdowns after big leads
    • Three Eagles fell on a fumble in Dallas (bad call on the filed with a worse replay result)
  • This could be cancelled out by actually being relatively healthy for a change.
  • They could also improve in the draft if their 1st and two second rounders are all solid picks.

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If we are just talking wins then this is easy... DC.

• Their 20 million dollar QB may miss the entire season.
    • They were lucky as hell to start out 6-3.
      • That Tampa game was insane: Outgained 501 to 286 but Tampa made like 5 boneheaded mistakes.
    • 7-9 last year to 3-13 or 2-14 this year.

If we are talking roster talent reduction then maybe Philly:

• They will have less talent, but with a healthy Wentz who gets a bit better they might win 10+ games
    • No Brooks until at least November will be a huge loss
  • They could have won 11 or 12 last year
    • Lost to the Vikings on a strip sack TD
    • Lost to the Panthers and Titans on 4th quarter meltdowns after big leads
    • Three Eagles fell on a fumble in Dallas (bad call on the filed with a worse replay result)
  • This could be cancelled out by actually being relatively healthy for a change.
  • They could also improve in the draft if their 1st and two second rounders are all solid picks.

Redskins are good choice, def gonna be garbage team next year and tank for QB

Any team that has an older QB at the age of retirement is a high risk. Steelers, Pats, Saints. 

Any team with a high number of FAs. Indy. 

Any team paying big money for players that are not worth their contract are also at risk. Redskins, Viks (Smith and Cousins) 

Go Birds

Mastercheddaar

Indy is losing about 5 starters and some depth but most of them are replacement level players.

They have all their own draft picks and the Jets #2 at 34th overall.

They also have 108 million in cap space.

I'd expect them to be 1 of the 4 or 5 teams playing for the bye in the AFC next year.

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Indy is losing about 5 starters and some depth but most of them are replacement level players.

They have all their own draft picks and the Jets #2 at 34th overall.

They also have 108 million in cap space.

I'd expect them to be 1 of the 4 or 5 teams playing for the bye in the AFC next year.

Yeah, I feel like anyone listing them because of the number of free agents isn't actually looking at the list of players, their status (12 are restricted), or the cap space they have to offset that. Indy will not lose anyone that they do not want to lose this offseason.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, Boltstrikes said:

On paper right now I’d have to say Indy with their 27 free agents. Likely they bring back a good portion of those guys so it will change but that’s a huge amount of people not under contract. 

Chargers entire defensive line are currently free agents so the same goes for them. 

And just like that, Indy retains their top 3 O-line for the 2019 season.

Colts are trending upwards. 

Archived