Mock Offseason 1

Rich7sena

The Bills have the 3rd most cap space in the league, to suggest notable FAs will be a single O lineman is completely unrealistic.

Furthermore, Brown is a terrible fit for them. They already have a speed WR in Foster, they need an all round WR.

Overall, very unrealistic from a Bills perspective

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Not if they view Brown as a Tyreek Hill or T.Y. Hilton type. I'm not saying Brown is an amazing prospect, I"m just saying speedster receivers with immense production go higher than initial projections.

Metcalf doesn't have near the production of Brown and I think he has serious hands issues. Harry will run significantly slower than Brown or Metcalf.

The Bills already have a speedster, it's about the only thing they DO have at WR

On 1/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, Acgott said:

You believe the Giants are signing Flacco at 15M/year on a 1 or 2 year contract? It just doesn't make sense to me to do that. Eli's play wasn't the problem last year, his play in regards to his contract is. Cutting Eli and signing another expensive veteran doesn't help them improve the team when the cap space would be very minimal. Just cut Eli and have them sign a cheap backup like Fitzpatrick or Teddy or Tyrod. One that is only $10M or less. They need to use Eli's cap to fix the team, not spend it on a rental QB.

OBJ and Solder are impossible to cut this year. Vernon has a good chance and it wouldn't surprise me either way. 

My thoughts exactly on the Manning and Flacco signings, more so from the perspective of the Giants. What's the thinking behind cutting lose one aging quarterback with diminished skills and signing another one, especially when the other one has to come in and learn an all new system? If they are looking to ride out next year with an aging and now mediocre quarterback, they should just instead keep Manning, one of the best quarterbacks in franchise history, and at least have some continuity in the locker room as they transition to the next phase of the franchise, whatever that may be. 

cant see the jags trading for Foles or cutting Marcell Dareus.  Also a Hard pass on signing Barr. we dont need a Sam LB. we have 1 who was pretty good last year  in Leon jacobs(who was a 7th round rookie find) and besides that part a Sam LBer in our defense is a part time position so its not a huge priority as we have telvin smith and jack in nickle d.   if we werent picking a QB round 1 id like to have Jalachi Polite i think. his first step and bend paired outside with ngakoue would be scary good. 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, IDOG_det said:

That would be terrible. Lions sit on their cap space and don't sign a single significant free agent and draft a player at #8 that doesn't really fit what they need in their defense?

I had to go through the list twice to see if I had missed something. Nope. Despite losing Ansah and having significant holes at DE, we don't spend a dime in FA to address it. We'll likely wind up with close to $50M in cap space when all is said and done.

I'm curious as to why you don't believe that White would be a good fit.

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm curious as to why you don't believe that White would be a good fit.

He would be redundant with Jarrad Davis. The other LB spot that is currently filled by Christian Jones would be where White would play. That position has a good amount of responsibility in coverage and also needs to be able to line up on the edge from time to time in their 5-1 bear fronts. White wouldn't really be an ideal for that role. He would be great in the role that Davis has though it wouldn't make sense to move Davis from that spot now that he's finally started to get comfortable there.

13 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

He would be redundant with Jarrad Davis. The other LB spot that is currently filled by Christian Jones would be where White would play. That position has a good amount of responsibility in coverage and also needs to be able to line up on the edge from time to time in their 5-1 bear fronts. White wouldn't really be an ideal for that role. He would be great in the role that Davis has though it wouldn't make sense to move Davis from that spot now that he's finally started to get comfortable there.

I've read in a few places (can't recall where - an article in BR app sometime) that Davis would boost the position and that Davis would be a better fit outside. If White is the BPA at #8, would there not be a benefit to the versatility having White and Davis in the same LB Corp?

10 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I've read in a few places (can't recall where - an article in BR app sometime) that Davis would boost the position and that Davis would be a better fit outside. If White is the BPA at #8, would there not be a benefit to the versatility having White and Davis in the same LB Corp?

I just don't see the benefit of moving Jarrad Davis away from the MLB spot. He's earned that spot, he's becoming a leader in the defense, and he's finally playing really well there. Moving him to WLB would almost be like demoting him even though he's done everything right this past year. Davis could probably do well at WLB, but the two roles aren't exactly interchangeable the way they are in most defenses. The WLB position in Patricia's defense has to be far more versatile than a typical off-ball linebacker, neither White or Davis have proven (at least consistently) that they would be perfect fits playing that spot full time because they haven't proven they can bump out and cover over the slot or bump down and line up off the edge essentially like a 3-4 LB. Also, I really doubt Devin White would be the best player on any teams board at #8. He's an exciting athlete but he has a long way to go if he's going to be a top level LB. 

Archived