NFL announces 5 international games for 2019

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, pf9 said:

To get the most out of the London games the NFL really should set them all at 9:30 AM and sell them as a separate TV package, with ABC my preference (even if it has to wait until the next contract, at which point ABC could add half of the TNF package (simulcast with NFLN, having all TNF games simulcast over the air will require negotiating with the NFL Network's carriers to do so since currently some games have to be just on NFLN), a Divisional Playoff game, and entering the Super Bowl rotation as well, with none of ABC's playoff games simulcast on ESPN in the new contract).

Also I feel there should be 2 games in Mexico City this coming season to make up for last year (it's called compensation).

They'll have it as a mix. There was a push back on the move to earlier starts in the UK. Which is why last season they brought back the later games. A lot of people attending prefer the games to be in the evening UK time

13 hours ago, Woz said:

Please pass our condolences along to your friend.

I'm sorry I can't do that.  I hoarding them myself.  Neither team has done anything since that tie in London, but just enough to not blow it up for either organization.  One could argue we are beginning that process, tho

21 hours ago, upriser7 said:

meh...I don't get this NFL's obsession with international games. If it's NBA, then atleast that's understandable. Basketball is global sport. Football will never become popular outside America. No other country outside America plays the sport & moreover, the rules are also tough to understand for international fans who is new & trying to get into the sport. It doesn't even require this international fanbase. It's still the richest league in the world despite not much exposure in international markets.

I laugh everytime I hear this argument, bc we have a considerable amount of international fans ON THIS SITE

It's great for the money side. Gives the opportunity for international fans to see it live. I loved seeing the Browns 15 months ago but I'm glad that we're not playing again here this year. I do need to go to Cleveland to see Baker at some point. A slight step up from seeing Kizer.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, upriser7 said:

meh...I don't get this NFL's obsession with international games.

This is stupid and asinine. We'll fill stadiums in the USA. Poor, broke Mexicans aren't going to pay USA prices for tickets, or for concessions and souvenirs, not in the long run.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm sorry I can't do that.  I hoarding them myself.  Neither team has done anything since that tie in London, but just enough to not blow it up for either organization.  One could argue we are beginning that process, tho

Your team:

090513.n.bp.housing.jpg

My team:

7sws.gif

One franchise has a plan (whether it's a good one or not remains to be seen). The other ... caught in the suck.

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

This is stupid and asinine. We'll fill stadiums in the USA. Poor, broke Mexicans aren't going to pay USA prices for tickets, or for concessions and souvenirs, not in the long run.

You must have misses that Mexico City had the record for largest attendance EVER at an NFL game.  People who think the NFL is only for US Americans are incredibly foolish.

On 2019-01-21 at 1:37 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

NFL = NATIONAL Football League
AFC = AMERICAN Football Conference
NFC = NATIONAL Football Conference

I hate this international crap. It's not good for the players, the teams or the fans. It's only good for a quick money grab by the owners.  

This is foolish, let other fans around the world enjoy the great game that is football. Stop being so selfish, we should all want NFL to grow globally as it helps make the sport even better. This selfish attitude is what will stagnate the growth of the league 

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Your team:

090513.n.bp.housing.jpg

My team:

7sws.gif

One franchise has a plan (whether it's a good one or not remains to be seen). The other ... caught in the suck.

Nobody made you steal fruit from the Marvin Lewis tree.  For your sake, I hope Jay doesn't survive 12 more years to get equal time at being completely mediocre to bad.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe each team should lose a home game per year. So 32 games in 32 different countries, why let one country have so many. Have the Ravens v. Steelers in Afghanistan. Bengals v. Patriots travel to North Korea. Browns play the Jets in Canada and so on.

That's your only way to the top of the division?

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Nobody made you steal fruit from the Marvin Lewis tree.  For your sake, I hope Jay doesn't survive 12 more years to get equal time at being completely mediocre to bad.

Technically, you stole Marvin Lewis from us.

While Jay is completely mediocre, Brice is the problem for the franchise.

Archived