MLK Day Mock

barnaby8787

I really don't want much to do with Love.  He is constantly banged up, and had a very recent ACL.  I can see his upside but i think his value will now be more around the 5th or 6th round.

I don't really want Bell, but i wouldn't be to broken up if he ended up here, nothing wrong with some star power. 

I like addressing the line that much.  

I really think we would get much much more than that in the trade with Denver.  You can't go by the trade values for a QB trade up from 10 to 3.  Denver is basically giving us the value of #10 and 2 2nds.  To move up 4 less spots last year we gave up #6 and 3 2nds.... it isn't even close.  

52 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I really don't want much to do with Love.  He is constantly banged up, and had a very recent ACL.  I can see his upside but i think his value will now be more around the 5th or 6th round.

I don't really want Bell, but i wouldn't be to broken up if he ended up here, nothing wrong with some star power. 

I like addressing the line that much.  

I really think we would get much much more than that in the trade with Denver.  You can't go by the trade values for a QB trade up from 10 to 3.  Denver is basically giving us the value of #10 and 2 2nds.  To move up 4 less spots last year we gave up #6 and 3 2nds.... it isn't even close.  

In terms of the trade, it's really hard to say.  Two years ago, the eagles went from 8 to 2 by giving up a 3rd, 4th, and a future 1st and 2nd.  If you value a future pick as say the last pick in the next year, to go from 8 to 2 was a total difference 1200 points.  The 3rd, 4th, and future picks totaled 1197 points, so the Eagles in theory won the trade by 3 points.  In this situation, to go from 10 to 3 costs 900 points.  The 2nd and 1st would equal 1080 and we'd win the trade by 180 points.  So we're getting better value in a trade up from 10 to 3 then the browns did when the eagles traded up to get Wentz.  

A future first is worth more than a current year’s 2nd. Macc didn’t want to give up our 2019 1st at all cost for a reason. There’s a exponential increase in potential value in the first that doesn’t exist in the other rounds. There’s a big difference picking 32nd vs 3rd overall. Imagine if the Jets had giving up 2 1st and 1 2nd?

Look at the Texans trade with the Browns. That future first ended up being Ward. Saying a future 1st is the same value as the 32nd this year feels a tad conservative.   Probably not by much but I would much rather have a future 1st than an early second in the current draft.

25 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

A future first is worth more than a current year’s 2nd. Macc didn’t want to give up our 2019 1st at all cost for a reason. There’s a exponential increase in potential value in the first that doesn’t exist in the other rounds. There’s a big difference picking 32nd vs 3rd overall. Imagine if the Jets had giving up 2 1st and 1 2nd?

Look at the Texans trade with the Browns. That future first ended up being Ward. Saying a future 1st is the same value as the 32nd this year feels a tad conservative.   Probably not by much but I would much rather have a future 1st than an early second in the current draft.

It’s 100% conservative. More just making the point that trade value wise, it’s relatively on point when compared to other trades in the past. 

Archived