Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
barnaby8787

MLK Day Mock

Recommended Posts

No Cap hits because i'm lazy, but it'd work.  If you question it, i'll explain.  Also, doing a starters depth chart as opposed to the whole thing.

Cuts

  • Kelvin Beachum- We'd cut him after signing our future LT (see below)
  • Spencer Long-He Sucks
  • Isaiah Crowell-We'll upgrade in FA
  • Kevin Pierre-Louis-Has a 2.875 cap hit next year and we'll save 2 mil of that by cutting him

Re-Signings

  • Andre Roberts-No brainer
  • Robby Anderson-Tender him as a 2nd rounder
  • Neal Sterling-He'll be our #2/#3 TE
  • Darryl Roberts-He'll compete at the slot 
  • Jonotthan Harrison-Emergency C depth
  • Brandon Copeland-LB depth (Maybe DE depth in a 4-3?)
  • Jason Myers-Had a solid year
  • Neville Hewitt-Depth
  • Rontez Miles-Depth/Good ST guy
  • Deontay Burnett-Also, depth.  Burnett could be a solid, back end of the receiving core guy

Trades

  • Jets trade Jordan Jenkins to the Bucs for their 5th Rounder (Pick 134)-Not sure if this is too high for Jenkins, but I don't think we'd get much higher given he's an FA next year.  TB will try and build out a team with limited cap.  He reunited with Bowles who gets a decent starting LB out of it

Free Agency

Offense

  • Le'veon Bell-We get our #1 RB
  • John Brown-Every Gase offense has a solid, quick slot receiver.  Brown would be a welcomed addition.
  • Trent Brown-Replacement for Beachum, Trent still has upside at 26
  • Matt Slauson-We get a veteran guard who can plug in at LG until we find a young replacement
  • Matt Paradis-We get one of the leagues best centers

Defense

  • Za"Darius Smith-I think the competition for Flowers will be insane and Graham will be overpaid.  Smith slots in nicely as a DE and still has upside.
  • Johnathan Hankins-We should've been interested last year, but weren't.  This year, in the 4-3, he slots perfectly next to Leo.
  • Ronald Darby-Another splash signing.  Darby can play inside or outside and the versatility will be clutch for us.

Draft

Trade

Jets trade the 3rd overall pick to the Broncos for picks #10 and #41 and their 2020 1st.  The Broncos trade up to get their QB of the future.  With Oakland likely picking at 4, Denver could choose not to risk losing out on a trade with TB and trade up with us instead.

  • Pick 10-Jets select Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson-We get our Leo
  • Pick 41-Jets select Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State-RZ threat for starters.  Butler has #1 receiver potential.  Our receiving core will be strong
  • Pick 68-Jets select Devin Bush, LB, Michigan-He'll be our MIKE
  • Pick 93-Jets select Bryce Love, RB, Stanford-As of now, his draft stock is all over the place.  If he falls this far, we should snag him and provide a lethal RB combo.  Either way, we could add another RB this year.
  • Pick 98-Alex Bars, G, Notre Dame-He'll back up at guard this year and take over at LG next year
  • Pick 129-Ryan Bates, G/T, Penn State-Additional o-line depth.  Hopefully Bates can develop into a starter as well.
  • Pick 134-Iman Marshall, CB, USC-CB depth
  • Pick-193-Tommy Sweeney, TE, BC-We get a legitimate blocking TE

 

Starters

Offense

QB-Darnold

RB-Bell

WR1-Robby

WR2-Enunwa

Slot-Brown

LT-Brown

LG-Slauson

C-Paradis

RG-Winters

RT-Shell

Defense

LEO-Ferrell

3-Tech-Leo

1-Tech-Hankins

5-Tech-Smith

WILL-Lee

MIKE-Bush

SAM-Williamson

CB1-Tru

CB2-Darby

Slot-Roberts

FS-Maybe

SS-Jamal

Edited by barnaby8787

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice free agency and mock but I feel like broncos rape us in that scenario. Am I wrong? I could be, they are moving up 7 spots we moved up 3...I’m probably wrong.   But I like everything else. We should keep beachum though. Shell is hurt and very overrated as we tend to do to our own. Beachum is just better especially run blocking. That line would be better with Beachum then shell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Nice free agency and mock but I feel like broncos rape us in that scenario. Am I wrong? I could be, they are moving up 7 spots we moved up 3...I’m probably wrong.   But I like everything else. We should keep beachum though. Shell is hurt and very overrated as we tend to do to our own. Beachum is just better especially run blocking. That line would be better with Beachum then shell.

It's about right.  Just going off the TVC, the difference between 3 and 10/41 is 410 points which is equivalent to a mid 2nd rounder.  Given it's a 1st next year, you're likely are equating it to somewhere in there.  In terms of Beachum vs. Shell, Beachum has one year left on his deal and isn't significantly better than Shell. We can definitely upgrade from Shell at some point, but Beachum was the #44 tackle in the league this year, Shell was #56 (per PFF).  There's not a significant difference there IMO to justify keeping Beachum and putting him at RT given his age/cap cost.  In terms of Shell always being hurt, that I agree with.  In this situation, Bates/Bars could be guards next year or one could emerge as an RT given that both have played tackle at the college level.  If not, we can see how Shell progresses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it overall but I’m pretty sure Lockett signed a contract extension this past offseason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Like it overall but I’m pretty sure Lockett signed a contract extension this past offseason

Damn, you're right.  I'll change it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it overall and would be pleased with it.   Would like the trade down more if I knew Allen was gone at 1 or 2 ..lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this. The only thing is that I think Bryce Love will go later because his injury was recent, so he won't be ready at the beginning of the season. But I have no problems with this draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. Money wise I see is working but in the draft I just big time question pretty much every pick being there at the spot you have us drafting them at. I think Ferrell, Butler, Bush, Love and Bars all go before you have us taking them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like it. Money wise I see is working but in the draft I just big time question pretty much every pick being there at the spot you have us drafting them at. I think Ferrell, Butler, Bush, Love and Bars all go before you have us taking them.

I can justify most.  Ferrell has been mocked for the most part to GB at 12. Not many teams in the top 10 need edges. I don't see Butler going in the 1st unless he lights up the combine.  Metcalf, Brown, and Neal are all ahead of him as of now.  Hollywood will likely go before him IMO based off of his 40.  Harmon could go before him as well.  Bush has been mocked in the 3rd, Bars anywhere from the 4th-6th given his injury.  Love is a crapshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. The trade down value looks good. I personally don’t think Ferrell will be there.  But if he is being mocked that late, I’d be excited to get him. 

The question than becomes are we better off with Bosa or Allen or a guy a notch below and a extra 1st and 2nd. I don’t think Ferrell is that far behind the top two guys. So I’m taking that trade all day.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately those top few picks are costing wayyy more than the trade value charts via trades than usual. 

I love the value of grabbing an extra 1st for next year though. I really like this offseason as a whole. 

Id prefer a few others but the positions are mostly correct and you got good value via the draft.  

I personally dont think Denver makes that deal though as next year will have a much better class to choose from. 

Overall, great work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I like it overall and would be pleased with it.   Would like the trade down more if I knew Allen was gone at 1 or 2 ..lol . 

It’s going to be hard to trade down from that 3rd spot. We could be passing up the chance to draft a Khalil Mack type player. It’s goimg to come down to how much of a difference we think there is between Bosa/Allen and the next two guys (Ferrell and Gary).

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SDotNova said:

It’s going to be hard to trade down from that 3rd spot. We could be passing up the chance to draft a Khalil Mack type player. It’s goimg to come down to how much of a difference we think is between Bosa/Allen and the next two guys (Ferrell and Gary).

Personal hope is that a QB goes 1 or 2 and either Bosa/Allen falls.  In that case, obviously stay put.  We'll see what happens though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It’s going to be hard to trade down from that 3rd spot. We could be passing up the chance to draft a Khalil Mack type player. It’s goimg to come down to how much of a difference we think is between Bosa/Allen and the next two guys (Ferrell and Gary).

I'm not disagreeing on Allen or Bosa's talent. But history would state that the odds of either of them having a Mack type impact is miniscule. And for us who have so many needs... I'd rather get more picks in a trade down then draft 1 of them. The question will be if there's any suitors. Another thing that can change it all is how we address FA. We fill a bunch of holes with good talent, then I'd be less inclined for a trade down and just get the talent. But history would go to show that that wont happen. Macc wont address most of our needs with good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not disagreeing on Allen or Bosa's talent. But history would state that the odds of either of them having a Mack type impact is miniscule. And for us who have so many needs... I'd rather get more picks in a trade down then draft 1 of them. The question will be if there's any suitors. Another thing that can change it all is how we address FA. We fill a bunch of holes with good talent, then I'd be less inclined for a trade down and just get the talent. But history would go to show that that wont happen. Macc wont address most of our needs with good players.

To me, if either are there, you take them and don't look back, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×