SSKs Joint Practice recap

SSK

Went to the joint practice today. 

The defense looked very good in 11 on 11. Houston didn't move the ball except for one breakdown by Anzalone. He missed the RB coming out on a wheel route. 

Watt made every RT look bad in 1 on 1s. Lol

On offense, the Saints scored on 3 out of 4 attempts in 2 min drills. Coleman deep, Thomas on a slant he took 50 yards for TD and Ingram on a 5 yard run. 

Kamara, well he looked just as good as he has in both games. 

Lattimore "tweaked" something at the beginning of practice. Doing individual drills, he made a hard cut and pulled up limping. Limped to the side, talked with trainers and Payton then went inside. 

Ramczyk also went inside midway through practice. Didn't see what happened. 

12 minutes ago, SSK said:

Lattimore "tweaked" something at the beginning of practice. Doing individual drills, he made a hard cut and pulled up limping. Limped to the side, talked with trainers and Payton then went inside. 

Ramczyk also went inside midway through practice. Didn't see what happened. 

giphy.gif

Cornerback Marshon Lattimore was the first to leave with Herbie Teope of the New Orleans Times-Picayune noting that his departure came just after he gave up a big play during 1-on-1 work with receivers. Lattimore missed some time earlier this summer with a knee issue, but has been back on the field for more than a week.

Per multiple reports, tackle Ryan Ramczyk left the session with trainers in tow a short time later. Bryce Harris has taken over with the first team with Ramczyk getting medical attention.

There’s no word on the severity of either injury, so this may turn out to be a minor blip for both players. That would certainly be the Saints’ hope

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/24/both-saints-first-rounders-make-early-exit-from-thursdays-practice/

It's only practice and just some of the things I saw. Lol

Houstons wide outs didn't make many catches, they are without Hopkins so take that into account. 

Von Bell picked off Savage in two minute drills. 

If Brees plays, we should see alot of Tackle eligible this game. Lol Clowney and Watt abused the Saints tackles. When Brees had time, they moved the ball at will. 

I didn't see Jonathan Joseph practicing for the Texans so thats another key piece missing. 

Peterson made a great catch against a LB for a TD. It was an over the shoulder catch during 7 on 7. 

Kamara had a 50 yard run through the right side B gap. 

Vacarro was yelling and pumping up the defense everytime he was on the field. 

2 hours ago, SSK said:

If Brees plays, we should see alot of Tackle eligible this game. Lol Clowney and Watt abused the Saints tackles

All season really. Payton loves his extra blockers. If everyone gets healthy I'd still expect to see Ramczyk a few snaps a game, like he did with Eric Olsen a few years ago. With Peterson, Ingram and Kamara all needing fed we might actually go to a run heavy game this year. I expect blockers to be on the field often. Brees could have a very efficient year. 

New Orleans Saints rookie cornerback Marshon Lattimore may not miss time after leaving Thursday's joint practice with the Houston Texans.

Lattimore walked off the field with a trainer after feeling lightheaded and it is not considered serious, a source familiar with the situation confirmed. The source adds Lattimore was taken to the locker room for precautionary reasons.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/saints_marshon_lattimore_left.html#incart_river_mobile_index

47 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I assume we're going to be really blitz heavy,

God, I hope so. I get really tired of staying neutral because we need everyone we can to be back in coverage. A few good knocks on the QB and the 0-line will start to lose confidence and the QB will get happy feet.

AND we get to play Jay ****ler in week 4. Nobody gets happy feet against the Saints like that D-bag. WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dome, I'm going Over on whatever you pick for sacks on the O/U that week.

Archived