Bob Sutton

Mizter_Clean10

The way I look at things like this is it’s either the “Jimmy’s and Joe’s” or the “X’s and O’s” (I know that’s probably a tad to simplistic but whatever) 

When I look at our Jimmy’s and Joe’s I think we have far to much talent to be historically bad. I don’t think we have historically good talent but we basically have in my opinion at least one player at every level with “well above average talent” Jones, Ford, Houston, Hitches, Berry, and Fuller.

We simply aren’t a sum of our parts so then in my opinion it HAS to be the X’s and O’s.

55 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Name that would make since is Steve Spagnuolo having worked with Andy Before.

I really like Kris Richard from the Cowboys if we go position coach

I don't want Richard. He's from that Seattle defensive coaching tree that we (and the Patriots) always destroy on defense because they run the same coverage scheme regardless of matchup. It would be the same issue we have with Sutton but with a different type of a coverage. Richard likely would've done the same thing against the Pats that Gus Bradley did for LAC. Maybe he'd prove me wrong, but I feel like it's been seen enough with Quinn and Bradley to know how Richard would run a D.

Chiefs fired defensive coordinator Bob Sutton.

Sutton had been Andy Reid's defensive coordinator for Reid's entire six-year tenure in Kansas City, but his defense increasingly became a laughingstock as Reid continued to power up on offense. Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, his firing comes after Reid and company "talked with players and coaches." The takeaway was apparently that Sutton's "lack of adjustments" were a "non-stop frustration." The Chiefs have seen some talent go out of the door on Sutton's side of the ball, but he still had enough to work with to be better. With the Chiefs in the midst of a Super Bowl window, replacing Sutton will be an attractive job offer.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, KC_Guy said:

No matter where the Patriots draft (usually late in any round), they are able to teach and develop talent.

I don't think NE is all that much better at teaching, developing talent. What separates them from the rest is being in a poopy division.

They can count on 5-6 wins against the Jets, Bills, Dolphins. Then they've got 5 more home games to count wins on (usually). Toss in a couple two, three wins elsewhere and is it any wonder they have 1st. rd. byes nearly every year?

The NFL's distribution of power throughout the divisons stacks the deck in favor of NE. Hence their poor draft position. What they've been good at is sending guys away for draft pics. They simply are able to draft more guys if they need/want them. Otherwise they trade away pics for better/more pics later. It helps them to maintain their leverage in the NFL.

37 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

How do we feel about the Rex Ryan rumor?

Not really sure. He's led some amazing defenses but that was quite a while ago. He also has a unhealthy infatuation with NE. If he's motivated and leaves the Hollywood attitude behind I think he'd be a good hire. I read that he was trying to get the Dolphin job though so he may wanna be the head cheese somewhere.

Archived