Bob Sutton

Mizter_Clean10

1 hour ago, Bullyball said:

I'm with you on trading our 1st for a 2nd and two thirds or two 2nds(Maybe the Colts want to get back in the first if they like someone and we trade for the Jets second they own and their second).

In terms of the hefty list, some of these needs would be taken care of in free agency. A few people I would look at in free agency are(in no particular order):

1. Landon Collins(S)- NYG

2. Earl Thomas(S)- SEA

3. Shelby Harris(DL)-DEN

4. Anthony Harris(S)- MIN

5. Jordan Hicks(LB)- PHI

6. David Irving(DL)- DAL

7. Tevin Coleman(RB)- ATL

8. Shane Ray(LB)- DEN

9. Deone Bucannon(LB/S)- ARI

10. Bashaud Breeland(CB)-GB

11. Jason Verret(CB)- LA

Landon Collins would solve so many of our issues by himself. He's a game changer at S.

I agree with Chris Hewitt. Guys with DB coaching experience have done better of recent years, and I think it has a lot to do with the emphasis of that in general in today's NFL.  Aaron Glenn from the Saints is another one I like. Payton thinks he'll be a HC some day, and he's got their secondary playing really well overall the past few years.

12 hours ago, bigschmadt00 said:

I agree with Chris Hewitt. Guys with DB coaching experience have done better of recent years, and I think it has a lot to do with the emphasis of that in general in today's NFL.  Aaron Glenn from the Saints is another one I like. Payton thinks he'll be a HC some day, and he's got their secondary playing really well overall the past few years.

I like Chris Hewitt as well; I think he would be solid addition as DC.

14 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Idk how to  feel about Spags. He had success years back with the Giants on their SB run but not much success since then. Plus he also runs a 4-3 system and we're currently a 3-4 defense with Edge rushers in Houston and Ford. I think Chris Hewitt would be a great addition especially seeing what he does with coverage and the development of Marlon Humphries and their other young players.

Spags would be a terrible hire. His defenses have allowed the most yards in league history. a seemingly lateral move

I think people are just throwing names at the wall. God I hope so.

but it's Reid and he's probably going to go with what's comfortable.

1 hour ago, Bullyball said:

Idk how to  feel about Spags. He had success years back with the Giants on their SB run but not much success since then. Plus he also runs a 4-3 system and we're currently a 3-4 defense with Edge rushers in Houston and Ford. I think Chris Hewitt would be a great addition especially seeing what he does with coverage and the development of Marlon Humphries and their other young players.

I don't see why we need to stay in a 34, we had a terrible 34 defense.

houston-Jones-Nnadi-Ford

DOD-Ragland-Hitchens

with last year's players that looks pretty solid(and what we plAyed most of the time anyways). We need more good LBs but we already needed those.

Best part about the 43 is no more Houston in coverage.

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

agree with you Chiefer.

The 34 defense isn't as strong as it was years ago. Everything cycles. The 43 has become dominant. It's too bad we didn't pick up on this sooner. You have to have great LB's to make the 3-4 work. Obviously we didn't. Plus moving another DL in closer to the QB and LOS helps to stop the run.

22 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Chiefs have many needs. Offense needs C, OG, another TE (lose Harris), another RB (depth), another WR (we stalled without Sammy Watkins).

Defense needs DL(depth and run stopping), 2 starting ILB's. (ours stink at both run/pass support), 2 starting safeties (ss and fs; ours stink and EB is getting surgery again, sigh), and another CB.

That's a hefty list. That's 13 players to replace. I'd like to get a 2, 3 for our 1st. rd. pick. Trade it.

No.  That's how bad teams think.  Damien Williams had the best game of his career against the Patriots.  Reid is a good offensive coach and Mahomes will make players around him better.  The bear trap bad teams fall into is the idea that they need need top talent at every position.  Good coaches don't need that.

On defense if you get a good DC, you won't need future HOFers at every position either.  Defense is still a team game and good coaching and playcalling will make a huge difference.  Of course the Chiefs need help at ILB but if a DC is too stupid to figure out how to use concepts like disguising coverage and obstructing passing lanes it doesn't matter who we draft.

We have a game-winning QB.  Tom Brady was NOT perfect. He had 2 interceptions and 1 called back from Dee Ford.  Eff the Patriots for getting lucky bounces because they won that by the skin of their teeth.  It won't always take perfection to beat them or anyone else.

28 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Of course the Chiefs need help at ILB

Then you're touting what i've suggested as well. Honestly, I don't know what you're calling for. Coaching? Great, we're getting some. I've been amongst those calling for Sutton's replacement.

Positional improvement? Great. Most of our needs are on defense and I expect our draft to be defense heavy again. Who's saying we need HOF'ers at every position? Me? Nope. But glaring weaknesses are present. When your defense is amongst the worst at defending the run AND the pass. Change is required, nay, demanded.

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

houston-Jones-Nnadi-Ford

DOD-Ragland-Hitchens

with last year's players that looks pretty solid(and what we plAyed most of the time anyways). We need more good LBs but we already needed those.

Best part about the 43 is no more Houston in coverage.

We ran that set up a ton in our 3-4.  We ran a ton of 4-3 base sets, it’s generally when we got gashed in the run game. Or at least 4 down line man, 2 LB sets. 

Don’t really care one way or another 4-3 or 3-4,  but neither are going to work if our ILB’s can’t diagnosis, fill the gap, and make the tackle.  

If we go 4-3, I don’t see anything other than 1 year tag for Ford, he’s too light in the pants to handle an edge in the run game.

The 4-3 DL would not be Houston-Jones-Nnadi-Ford. Most likely you play Bailey and Jones at DT with Breeland, Houston, and Kpassagnon rotating at DE. Ford would play strongside and move up in the nickel package. I rather like that player mix. The 4-3 LB would be Ford-Hitchens-Do'D. The base defense is still 4-2-5.

J

Archived