deeluxx3

Arthur Smith promoted to OC

6 hours ago, 615finest said:

Liked what he had to say right here

Just that little bit said a whole lot to me.  I LOVED IT!!!

Guys in midday 180 had the same thought I’ve had for a long time. I’m not a big Mariota fan. I think most everyone knows that. However, I really don’t see a difference in Mariota and Goff. Goff has a bigger arm but Mariota works better outside pocket. Both to me are not typical QBs that can stop back to sling it when we they want. Both need a heavy dose of the run game with PA off of that. Goff also has the advantage of staying healthy as well. Put Mariota with McVay with those same guys around him and I see the Rams still in the SB. I’ve never been a big fan of Goff either even before he was drafted. 

58 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Guys in midday 180 had the same thought I’ve had for a long time. I’m not a big Mariota fan. I think most everyone knows that. However, I really don’t see a difference in Mariota and Goff. Goff has a bigger arm but Mariota works better outside pocket. Both to me are not typical QBs that can stop back to sling it when we they want. Both need a heavy dose of the run game with PA off of that. Goff also has the advantage of staying healthy as well. Put Mariota with McVay with those same guys around him and I see the Rams still in the SB. I’ve never been a big fan of Goff either even before he was drafted. 

The difference for me is that the Rams are willing to pass the ball. Last year they were 21st in the league in pass attempts per game, this year 14th. So the willingness to do it more often is there.

Here's our rankings

2018: 31st

2017: 28th

2016: 28th

We don't let Mariota throw the ball. I've been saying it for years...we gotta get the guy some easy, high-percentage throws early in games. Too often this year his first pass attempt was on 3rd and long.