Brady's amazing performance in AFCCG's

C0LTSFAN4L1F3

....amazingly bad that is. Or more accurately, it is amazing how these Patriots teams have managed to win so many of these games in spite of him. 

304-488, 3394 yards, 18TDs, 14 INTs,83.3 passer rating

To give a better frame of reference, this is what these numbers would look like across a 16-game season, and then the corresponding efficiency stats. 

374-600, 4177 yards, 22.2 Touchdowns, 17.2 Interceptions, 83.3 passer rating
62.3 CMP%, 6.95 Y/A, 3.69TD%, 2.87 INT%, 83.3 passer rating

And it's ugly. It's TD-INT% differential is less than 1%, his yards per attempt is below average, and his completion percentage is average best. 

just 4 out of the 13 games he had a 100+ passer rating. Just a third of these games did he even have decent performances. 
7 out of the 13 games he had below an 80 passer rating, or in other words he had a below average  efficiency performance, (since average passer rating in the NFL is usually a little over 80) by extension only 5 out of the 13 he had over a 80 passer rating. Or less than half of the games he had efficiency that was average or better. 
6 out of the 13 games he threw multiple interceptions

At the absolute BEST you could describe this as mediocre performance. If you take these numbers for most seasons, and you would be looking at am average QB. And yet, amazingly, he is 9-4 in these games and has made 9 Super Bowl appearances based on these performances. 9-4 while playing like garbage. To some extent, this is Brady's playoff-career in a nutshell. 

He isn't a tenth of the playoff QB that Joe Montana was. I laugh when people say he is the GOAT play-off QB. He simply isn't this incredibly play-off QB that everyone makes him out to be. Especially not until recently. 

11 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

He isn't a tenth of the playoff QB that Joe Montana was. I laugh when people say he is the GOAT play-off QB. He simply isn't this incredibly play-off QB that everyone makes him out to be. Especially not until recently. 

The same Montana that went 4-3 in title games? Remember, the NFC was the dominant conference back then, making the championship game basically the de facto superbowl.

Just now, Slingin' Sammy said:

The same Montana that went 4-3 in title games? Remember, the NFC was the dominant conference back then, making the championship game basically the de facto superbowl.

Didn't we just show that your record doesn't indicate your performance? I just showed in detail how Brady was hot garbage in his AFCCG's and he is 9-3. Comparing playoff Montana to playoff Brady is NOT a comparison in the slightest. 

9 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Didn't we just show that your record doesn't indicate your performance? I just showed in detail how Brady was hot garbage in his AFCCG's and he is 9-3. Comparing playoff Montana to playoff Brady is NOT a comparison in the slightest. 

So Montana played great in all his championship games despite being only a game above .500 in them?

1 minute ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

So Montana played great in all his championship games despite being only a game above .500 in them?

I didn't say he played great in every one, nor did I imply it, this is a very obvious strawman. Not sure if you're aware, but football is a team game, shown by Brady playing like **** in his 12 CCG's and winning 9 of them. He's 6 games over .500 despite being average in those games. 

Just now, KellChippy said:

Meh, I’m more interested in his overall playoff numbers; if they are similar.  

The td/int ratio definitely stands out though.

The important thing is the game-by game breakdowns. The TD/INT differential is more important/accurate and it is less than 1% and it is awful. 

1 minute ago, x0x said:

And how many of these were in freezing temperatures? Most if I recall. 

That's quite the convenient excuse. It's very simple; he played like **** and yet he's 9-3 because he's Tom Brady. 

Archived