2019 Senior Bowl Thread

Jeezla

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can't defend a well run whip route on the goal line. Literally impossible if you don't have help.

Yeah.  It's a well run route by Deebo, but that's pretty much a no-win for the DB as a 1v1 like that.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can't defend a well run whip route on the goal line. Literally impossible if you don't have help.

so happy you referred to it as a whip route. Seen way too many people refer to it as an out route which is just... wrong

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well, that's not surprising considering his answer to this question. I'm sure the coaches love it.

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well, that's not surprising considering his answer to this question. I'm sure the coaches love it.

Did he say he wants them to say who is that guy with something up his butt!?

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Doubt it. There are way too many better DL prospects for him to go that high. He's good, but very underdeveloped as an edge rusher. I can't imagine him getting picked ahead of the prospets with cleaner rush technique. Plus he's very light in the pants.

All good points, and I don't really disagree with you, but I think his consistency will earn him a higher pick than you're giving him credit for -- he's only played in 27 total games but still has 30.5  TFL and  23.5 sacks. That's impressive to me. He's got more power than his frame would indicate, and I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the Combine at 265 and shows up well in explosive drills. Needs to improve his bend, but I think he's better than Davenport was last year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/montez-sweat-1.html

23 minutes ago, reamer said:

All good points, and I don't really disagree with you, but I think his consistency will earn him a higher pick than you're giving him credit for -- he's only played in 27 total games but still has 30.5  TFL and  23.5 sacks. That's impressive to me. He's got more power than his frame would indicate, and I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at the Combine at 265 and shows up well in explosive drills. Needs to improve his bend, but I think he's better than Davenport was last year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/montez-sweat-1.html

I agree that he's very powerful with his hands believe it or not. I don't see him coming in anywhere close to 265, but I'm not really worried about that. He sets a really violent edge in the run game and uses his length to lock out OT's well. I just don't think he's a very nuanced pass rusher right now. Very raw in that regard and he hasn't figured out how to dip and bend and disengage to flatten out to the QB yet. I see him as more of a run defender (weird, I know) that has the potential to develop into a good pass rusher.

I was listening to the draftanalyst podcast for day two. there were some interesting guys who Tony Pauline and Chris Tripodi liked. There are others they liked besides those i mentioned, but here are many of them.

Best QB in an unimpressive class, Duke's Dan Jones.......showed the accuracy that many other QBS did not. Next best was Auburn QB Stidham who had a real live arm. Drew Lock (along with others like Will Grier and Tyree Jackson) was simply inaccurate.

None of the RBs seemed to get that much excitement, though they suffer under a double-whammy of it being a difficult place to strut their stuff and also the best RBs are usually juniors, not seniors. Best of the bunch seemed to be Karan Higdon (Michigan) 5'10", 202.

As with the RBs same with the senior TEs. Some showed decent hands and blocking but lacked the speed to stretch the middle......the one they seemed to like best overall was San Jose State's Josh Oliver.

Best WRs overall were Deebo Samuel (S.Carolina), simply good at so many things, he was the best there. Gary Jennings (W.Virginia) 6'2", 215, was another that showed well with his overall game - same with Keelon Doss (UC Davis) 6'3", 206. They liked Penny Hart (listed 5'8", 180) who got separation and ran great routes, but dropped more than he should (small hands a factor).

The guys thought OT Chuma Edoge had fast hands and phenonemal feet. they liked him but he needs a dive into his character. They were also high on Andre Diillard (Wash St.) 6'5", 306, who was solid in everything, had great feet, was good off the snap, and won his one on ones

Two guards who had a positive mention were Javan Patterson (Ole Miss) 6'3", 314 and Chris Lindstrom (Boston College) 6'4", 310. The feeling I got was that Lindstrom had become a favourite of theirs.

On the DL, the favourite was Khalen Saunders (W.illinois) 6'2", 310, who was unstoppable. Pauline had him as a 6th rounder before the bowl, but but he was impressed enough to push him up a couple of rounds, after his display.  They also liked Anthony Nelson (Iowa) who showed good power and great length (6'7", 271). Byron Cowart (Maryland) 6'4", 293, show good hands, had a fine variety of moves, and could also counter moves by his opposition. Pauline thought there was no way Montez Sweat would be a first rounder. He did flash some but was also often neutralised, the thinking was he has been a really good college player who will struggle at the NFL level. They felt he was an upper 2nd round guy.

OLB Tarill Hanks got a lot of love (New Mexico St.) 6'2", 230. He was athletic with wide range and with explosion - a three down guy. They also liked Bobby Okereke (Stanford). He doesn't have the size you like but is very tough, hits with real force (but needs to improve tackling) and has good range.

Finally, three DBs. Rock Ya-Sin (Temple) 6'2", 190, is long, physical, and can win in man coverage, he has looked good.  Same applies to CB Lonnie Johnson (Kentucky) 6'3", 206, who showed very nicely after an average season with few highlights. Best safety at the Senior Bowl is (comfortably) was Mike Edwards (Kentucky) 6'0", 200.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I was listening to the draftanalyst podcast for day two. there were some interesting guys who Tony Pauline and Chris Tripodi liked. There are others they liked besides those i mentioned, but here are many of them.

Best QB in an unimpressive class, Duke's Dan Jones.......showed the accuracy that many other QBS did not. Next best was Auburn QB Stidham who had a real live arm. Drew Lock (along with others like Will Grier and Tyree Jackson) was simply inaccurate.

None of the RBs seemed to get that much excitement, though they suffer under a double-whammy of it being a difficult place to strut their stuff and also the best RBs are usually juniors, not seniors. Best of the bunch seemed to be Karan Higdon (Michigan) 5'10", 202.

As with the RBs same with the senior TEs. Some showed decent hands and blocking but lacked the speed to stretch the middle......the one they seemed to like best overall was San Jose State's Josh Oliver.

Best WRs overall were Deebo Samuel (S.Carolina), simply good at so many things, he was the best there. Gary Jennings (W.Virginia) 6'2", 215, was another that showed well with his overall game - same with Keelon Doss (UC Davis) 6'3", 206. They liked Penny Hart (listed 5'8", 180) who got separation and ran great routes, but dropped more than he should (small hands a factor).

The guys thought OT Chuma Edoge had fast hands and phenonemal feet. they liked him but he needs a dive into his character. They were also high on Andre Diillard (Wash St.) 6'5", 306, who was solid in everything, had great feet, was good off the snap, and won his one on ones

Two guards who had a positive mention were Javan Patterson (Ole Miss) 6'3", 314 and Chris Lindstrom (Boston College) 6'4", 310. The feeling I got was that Lindstrom had become a favourite of theirs.

On the DL, the favourite was Khalen Saunders (W.illinois) 6'2", 310, who was unstoppable. Pauline had him as a 6th rounder before the bowl, but but he was impressed enough to push him up a couple of rounds, after his display.  They also liked Anthony Nelson (Iowa) who showed good power and great length (6'7", 271). Byron Cowart (Maryland) 6'4", 293, show good hands, had a fine variety of moves, and could also counter moves by his opposition. Pauline thought there was no way Montez Sweat would be a first rounder. He did flash some but was also often neutralised, the thinking was he has been a really good college player who will struggle at the NFL level. They felt he was an upper 2nd round guy.

OLB Tarill Hanks got a lot of love (New Mexico St.) 6'2", 230. He was athletic with wide range and with explosion - a three down guy. They also liked Bobby Okereke (Stanford). He doesn't have the size you like but is very tough, hits with real force (but needs to improve tackling) and has good range.

Finally, three DBs. Rock Ya-Sin (Kentucky) 6'2", 190, is long, physical, and can win in man coverage, he has looked good.  Same applies to CB Lonnie Johnson (Kentucky) 6'3", 206, who showed very nicely after an average season with few highlights. Best safety at the Senior Bowl is (comfortably) was Mike Edwards (Kentucky) 6'0", 200.

Temple. But good stuff thanks 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:
2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Finally, three DBs. Rock Ya-Sin (Kentucky) 6'2", 190, is long, physical, and can win in man coverage, he has looked good.  Same applies to CB Lonnie Johnson (Kentucky) 6'3", 206, who showed very nicely after an average season with few highlights. Best safety at the Senior Bowl is (comfortably) was Mike Edwards (Kentucky) 6'0", 200.

Anthony Nelson will be a nice 3rd rounder for a team that already has a dominant edge rusher. Plant him on the other end.

Very good against the run. Long arms to get up in passing lanes. Big body that can play contain but with a pretty large frame.

Some upside too. Had good production. There were games where you didn't hear much then he had games with 3 sacks. Has the ability to wreck havoc. Coachable player who someone could get him consistent. I fully expect.whoever drafts him to be ho-hum about it cause he's not the "flashy" pick. Will make some team better

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Finally, three DBs. Rock Ya-Sin (Kentucky) 6'2" 5'11" , 190, is long, physical, and can win in man coverage, he has looked good.  Same applies to CB Lonnie Johnson (Kentucky) 6'3", 206, who showed very nicely after an average season with few highlights. Best safety at the Senior Bowl is (comfortably) was Mike Edwards (Kentucky) 6'0", 200.

Fixed it for you. Ya-Sin is still an interesting player, but he's not the tall, long corner that he was hyped up as. 

Archived