2019 Senior Bowl Thread

Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Lot of people sleeping on Montez coming into the draft. In my preliminary run through of the edge guys, I thought he looked better than Polite, Ferrell, and Burns. He's behind Bosa, Allen, and Gary for me and in the same talent-sphere as Zach Allen. My comp for him is Danielle Hunter.

Could you see him going Top 10? Because Hunter fell in the draft when we was drafted.

25 minutes ago, Classic said:

Could you see him going Top 10? Because Hunter fell in the draft when we was drafted.

No. he's going to go early 20s, IMO. I've had him there for quite some time. Senior bowl opening some eyes.

Same with Dillard.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Terry McLaurin. What's the word on him? Sounds like he's really fast and has good hands and footwork. Solid size. Why is his production so average with a potential 1st round QB?

I can answer this one 

in our offense with 

Terry

Parris

Johnnie

Kj Hill

JK Dobbins

Mike Weber 

we just had ALOT of play makers to spread the ball to. Terry is a great receiver he’s not going to be a number 1 guy but I think he’s very talented. I could honestly see him having a Marvin Jones type career. His floor is Chris Hogan

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Might be the smallest hand measurement I've seen

Yeah.  Renfrow got some full on Donald hands.  Smell like cabbage, no doubt.

But also, i don't think i care at all.  His hand-eye coordination is superb, and however tiny his hands may be...they're strong.  He's not a guy who is going to make those stupid OBJ showoff huge radius one-hand catches, but working underneath and in traffic...he catches well.  I'll take a tiny handed guy who can naturally pluck and secure the football like that, over a "hands for feet" measurables receiver who doesn't have a clue how to naturally catch a football.  Every day, and twice on Sundays.

Plus, small hands are better for avoiding accidental punt return muffs anyway.

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Jackson is huge

Too huge.  Way too huge.  It shows right through on his film, but Tyree Jackson is another one of these Lynch/Osweiler QBs where people get all dazzled by their size...only to realize years later that means they're inherently slow in their process and can't ever quicken things up enough to thrive in the NFL.  There's just too much length to quicken the footwork, and too much length to shorten the delivery.  At that point, you're drafting a self-propelled artillery piece...not the main battle tank quarterback you want and need.

Craziest thing about the first day of practices to me, was how radically different OLine/DLine 1v1 drills were run between Cable and the other side.  Dude just treats everyone like he's training a dog with the absolute shortest of short-term memory to condition.  Makes for a really weird flow to the same drill.  Which is interesting, because it clearly caught a few people out on the unnatural rhythm.  Really doesn't seem to trust his assistants at all though, and seems to believe heavily in providing the feedback as immediately as possible.

Not the kind of coaching i'd respond to.  Fortunately, i'll never have to suffer that.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Jeezla said:

Pretty sure Walter Football will be releasing weigh-in results live on their site tomorrow (although I thought they usually did weigh-ins on Monday).

Anyone in particular who's measurements you are looking forward to seeing? 

So who's gonna volunteer to brave the ads and possibly have their computer fried trying to load one of their pages to retrieve the data?

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

So who's gonna volunteer to brave the ads and possibly have their computer fried trying to load one of their pages to retrieve the data?

I posted the link to the measurements on page 3 of this thread yesterday. And it's from a website that is actually reputable so you don't have to worry about their site having garbage ads on it.

Archived