What do the Browns learn from AFC/NFC Championships

HH650

1. Forget the non-call on the Rams pass interference. 

2. Having an accurate well-coached passer is critical. (We do).

3. Protecting the accurate passer who is well coached is very critical. 

4. QUESTION: Did we just see that excellent cornerbacks and safeties are more valuable than excellent defensive line players?  Suggested after watching the Patriots carve up the Chiefs in OT when the Chiefs DL was gassed. 

Thank you; any comments and wisdom welcome. 

1. Dealing with the refs will be an issue for the Browns until it’s not.

2. Yes

3. Yes and we did down the stretch to the point where it was almost unbelievable. There was a stretch of like 6 games with 4 total pressures???

4. Scheme is of the utmost importance. Putting players in the spot they need to be is how the patriots are good on defense. Belichick gets the most out of players that are average anywhere else because of this.

Have to be able to rush the passer with your 4 down linemen, especially from the interior in late game or “and long” situations or you’re screwed against elite QB play.

Having a great/dependable kicker is an absolute MUST.

The best way and potentially only way to stop Mahomes is to hog the ball and keep him off the field. That kid isn’t going away any time soon. Somehow he escaped the “create a player” on Madden and wandered into the NFL.

Its all about protecting the passer and aggravating the passer in the post season. The Chiefs defensive line wasn't just gased they are not that good to begin with. The Chiefs offensive line is incredibly overrated and it showed last night. They couldn't protect Mahomes and their DL wasn't good enough(or powerful enough) to disrupt Brady.

I ain't scuuurred of Mahomes because he has a fatal flaw.....

andyreid.jpg

The only team where DB's and safeties are more important than DL is whoever is playing the Chiefs.

The Chiefs interior DL and LB's were about as bad as I've ever seen a defensive interior play. They got mollywhopped and that's what costed them the game. So no, DL has not been overtaken by DB's.

The AFC is there for the taking

The only way to beat Brady is to hit him in the mouth repeatedly, and you need a front 4 that can get to him without relying on too many blitzes

Make sure you have a scheme that covers RBs out of the backfield (between J White and Kamara, teams got carved up this weekend)

Get a good kicker with a big, accurate leg

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I just got more that we need an elite passer (check), great d-line and o-line. 

And the ref thing.

Just start every game like you are down 7 to make up for the officials. They had a rough year, and for Browns fans a rough few years.

I think that the people who are saying a pass rush is critical are absolutely correct.  Sure it's nice if it can be done with a great front 4, but If you have a great front 7, I think it takes a lot of pressure off of your DB's.  The O-line and QB are obviously critical also.  Be able to pass the ball, and rush the passer are the 2 keys to success in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Have a QB.

Protect your QB.

That simple.

Pretty much.

When the 4 QB’s in the conference championship games are Brady, Brees, Mahomes and Goff, it’s pretty clear what the primary requirement is gonna be.

I feel good with Baker, especially with what Kitchens will.... cook up.

1xbzp6.jpg 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Having a great/dependable kicker is an absolute MUST.

That to me is the biggest gap we have to fill vs. the big boy playoff teams.

We have the QB.

Oh, and coaching which is looking promising but still is tbd.

Archived