Sean Payton

stl4life07

37 minutes ago, Raves said:

No one is saying the Saints still didn't have a chance to win after and blew it.  But there is a direct line you can draw from DPI being called to the Saints winning the game, with the only movement from the flow being a miracle play that went for a TD as there would've been no time to get a big gain and get set for a FG as there woudlv'e been under 10 seconds left.

I get what you are saying about an isolated moment. That was a bad call that is singled out. Did the game end after that? No. Overcome that adversity. In life adversity happens. In sports adversity happens. The Eagles lost the wouldve been MVP Wentz who was having a great season. Did the Eagles shut down the season and mentally check out? Nope. They overcame the adversity. On the flip side, the Raiders back in 2001 didnt overcome the "tuck rule", They never been the same since. 

The Saints as team shouldve overcame that adversity. It starts with Payton. After that bad call, yes be upset but then calm down and get the team focused on the next play and everything that follows. It seemed like the Saints team just shutdown after that play and the most action we saw from them was in the Press Conference, in the locker room, and on social media crying about that one call. I look at Payton because he is the head coach and he suppose to get this team right from the second that bad call happen. He didnt and the only thing he can do is deflect everything on the refs as if the refs called a perfect game and only screwed the Saints when the time was right. Again the refs were calling a horrible game throughout on both sides. The Rams found a way to overcome the refs when they got screwed, the Saints couldnt overcome the refs when they got screwed. Its plain and simple as that and it falls on the shoulders of Payton. 

Payton didn't have a good game. I also don't think McVay did. I think not going for it on 4th and 1 at the end and settling for the FG was the wrong call. I said after we kicked it that we might never see the ball back and if that PI is called we essentially wouldn't have. McVay just as easily could have been the one with egg on his face in this game.

Archived