If the Rams defense stops Tom Brady and they win Wade Phillip's should go to the HOF.

Kiwibrown

Wade Phillip's stopped Brady as the Broncos d coordinator and, if he does it again he will deserve the hof, even though they dont elect coordinators.

Cooridantors like Phillip's and McDaniels should be eligible for the HOF due to their significant impact on the game. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Like it's a rule that they don't? Or they just haven't yet?

They don’t have a specific spot in the voting for coordinators. But they’d obviously just roll him in the HC section if he were good enough (which I’d have no problem with).

If a DC theoretically won his 2nd SB? 

Jimmy Johnson built a dynasty that won 3 SB's in 4 years (one indirectly) 20+ years ago as the HC and still isn't in consideration for the HOF,  so color me reserved on the idea of fast-trackin' Phillips' bust into the Halls of Canton.

2 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

If a DC theoretically won his 2nd SB? 

Jimmy Johnson built a dynasty that won 3 SB's in 4 years (one indirectly) 20+ years ago as the HC and still isn't in consideration for the HOF,  so color me reserved on the idea of fast-trackin' Phillips' bust into the Halls of Canton.

He isn't even in the Cowboys Ring of whatever. 

Jimmy J is being robbed, I wonder if Jerry is keeping him out. 

39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He isn't even in the Cowboys Ring of whatever. 

Jimmy J is being robbed, I wonder if Jerry is keeping him out. 

The "Ring of Honor". And no, for some inexplicable reason, Jimmy and especially some of the older cornerstone players are not in there yet...similarly inexplicable as NFL HOF selections.  Jimmy will definitely get in there... probably be the hour after Jason Garrett is fired (2034).

Archived