πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

• 4 weeks later...

So the Giants decided to give Saquon a 4 years $31M fully guaranteed contract to a RB who's never taken a snap in the NFL? Better pray to God he doesn't get hurt. Does that make him top 5 paid already in RB's?

Bell, McCoy, Freeman(8m)????

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the Giants decided to give Saquon a 4 years $31M fully guaranteed contract to a RB who's never taken a snap in the NFL? Better pray to God he doesn't get hurt. Does that make him top 5 paid already in RB's?

Bell, McCoy, Freeman(8m)????

I'm pretty sure it has to do with draft slot. Either way, SaQuon will prove he deserves to be paid like that in due time. It's not often you have athletic freaks like him who are also amazing people off the field as well and so eager to learn and improve. Literally the only thing to dislike about Barkley is how he's now on a rival team.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with draft slot. Either way, SaQuon will prove he deserves to be paid like that in due time. It's not often you have athletic freaks like him who are also amazing people off the field as well and so eager to learn and improve. Literally the only thing to dislike about Barkley is how he's now on a rival team.

Didn't realize teams were "fully" Guaranteeing rookie contracts now? I'm not suggesting he won't be a Stud or deserving in years to come but Guaranteeing contracts in a position where he can possibly be the next Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make sense.

It's why they did away with Guaranteed contracts and the Jamarcus Russell's of the NFL.

Not comparing the two!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Didn't realize teams were "fully" Guaranteeing rookie contracts now? I'm not suggesting he won't be a Stud or deserving in years to come but Guaranteeing contracts in a position where he can possibly be the next Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make sense.

It's why they did away with Guaranteed contracts and the Jamarcus Russell's of the NFL.

Not comparing the two!

Yup, pretty sure that happened way back in like 2012 with the renegotiated CBA Think Cam Newton was the first one to receive such a deal.Β 

Β 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cam-newton-7716/

Scroll down to the previous contract, then look at the total value as well as the guaranteed.Β 

So the Cowboys schedule starts off like this:

@ Panthers

Giants

@Seahawks

Lions

Β 

We all know the Giants suck, Seattle is rebuilding and the Lions are always meh.Β  The could conceivably be 3-1 or even 4-0 to start the year.Β Β 

So I'm calling it now, @Matts4313Β will officially rejoin the board on October 1, 2018 to start gloating.Β Β 

Right before Dallas plays: @texans, Jaguars, @Redskins, Titans, @Falcons, Redskins, Saints, Eagles and fall to a 4-8 record.Β Β 

Β 

• Like 1