Phire

The NFC East Thread

The Beast of the East Poll  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be King of the East in 2017?

• NY Giants
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Redskins

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

All I need to know is whether or not MC (MasterCheddaar) used a Uhaul when loading up his belongings or not? Any other Company used, you're not welcomed in here. Just saying!

Just how many pairs of jorts does this mc character own? If he only wears yoga pants like gmen, he's banished back to the browns forum.

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm a USC and Darnold fan, but no way would I not take Prescott in his 3rd year over him as a rookie.

Maybe you are talking long term though which is a different discussion then what I'm talking about in my post.

I am including the future i dont think darnold should even play this year. 

22 hours ago, Gmen said:

^^^ This guy is going to look really silly when the Browns have a better record than the Eagles this year...

^^^ This guy is going to look really silly when the Giants pick a RB at 2# this year... Oh wait, they already did that. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Just how many pairs of jorts does this mc character own? If he only wears yoga pants like gmen, he's banished back to the browns forum.

The real question is does he even tuddie? Being a former browns fan leads me to believe he needs a crash course in tuddie-ology

4 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

^^^ This guy is going to look really silly when the Giants pick a RB at 2# this year... Oh wait, they already did that. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I can't be mad about picking a sure fire all-pro.

29 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You can if you passed on an all pro qb. I don't think you did though.  No Wentz in this draft. Hopefully Webb and Lauletta top out at Alex Smith caliber or worse. Preferably Rayne-level as passers, but without the scrambling. Then the Giants can be just like the AP Vikings. 

Edited by Jeezla

47 minutes ago, Gmen said:

yea, I think think drafting a RB that high is typically dumb, but Saquon should be worth it since he does so much more.

It'll only look dumb if one or more of those QBs this year hits, because I think we all here think this "Window with Eli" doesn't exist.
Saquon will be good enough to dice up weaker teams to keep you guys in .500 Limbo, So whereas you could draft a franchise QB now and get one of the many good RBs coming out in the next couple years...you could miss out on getting a good QB for quite awhile.

From my standpoint I couldn't really tie my wagon to any of those QBs, and even Chubb wasn't some freak edge rusher that HAD to be taken.

It's really a move we have to wait and judge. 

The best case scenario for the Giants is Eli going down for the season. Get Webb starting experience while Lauletta develops with the twos, be bad enough to draft a top 3 qb next year if the staff isn't sold on either guy.

Eli's window shut 2-3 years ago and now it's covered with graffiti and bird spit.

Edited by Jeezla

If you didn't like a QB, T, pass rusher, possibly game changing DB at 2 then you trade down to a team QB hungry and get a haul for yourself and take McGlinchey or Fitzpatrick. Try and get some 2019 ammo to get yourself the flexibility to trade up next year when you inevitably want your QB. RBs are strictly complimentary and their productivity can be easily replaced with 2 much cheaper players. Eli is donezo. The Giants are surely in for a better year though. They won't be picking at 2 possibly for a while. You have to take advantage of that. They were handed a golden ticket and came away with a special player but even if he tops out at HoF, it's not necessary. Look at all the effective contemporary all purpose running backs. Seldom does their success equate in SBs. Matter of fact, it's hard to find more than a couple. And they certainly don't need to be taken in the first. 

I think Eli is donezo carrying a team, like he did in 2011.  But he has never had a supporting cast this talented, so all he has to do is use his veteran knowledge and be a game manager.  This is the most talented WR, RB, TE and LT Eli has ever played with, and they’re all on one team.

I think the running back position went from being overrated to underrated too quickly.  We’ve tried this RBBC approach for almost a decade and our running game has been second worst, only ahead of Jacksonville.  I’ve lobbied for the giants to draft Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott over the past few years.  I think Barkley is more talented than all of them.

59 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I think Eli is donezo carrying a team, like he did in 2011.  But he has never had a supporting cast this talented, so all he has to do is use his veteran knowledge and be a game manager.  This is the most talented WR, RB, TE and LT Eli has ever played with, and they’re all on one team.

I think the running back position went from being overrated to underrated too quickly.  We’ve tried this RBBC approach for almost a decade and our running game has been second worst, only ahead of Jacksonville.  I’ve lobbied for the giants to draft Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott over the past few years.  I think Barkley is more talented than all of them.

Maybe because the OL has been filthy sea garbage? 

Barkley is gonna have a bad time behind that OL, and I'm not just trying to troll. That OL hasn't been good for a while and I'm not sure the band-aids are gonna help much. It's been a coaching and talent evaluation problem more than anything. 

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

Barkley is gonna have a bad time behind that OL, and I'm not just trying to troll. That OL hasn't been good for a while and I'm not sure the band-aids are gonna help much. It's been a coaching and talent evaluation problem more than anything. 

Left side has been greatly revamped in this off season. RG and RT are definitely still a concern, but that's nothing new for SaQuon. Penn State's offensive line outside of Connor McGovern has been pretty atrocious.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Left side has been greatly revamped in this off season. RG and RT are definitely still a concern, but that's nothing new for SaQuon. Penn State's offensive line outside of Connor McGovern has been pretty atrocious.

Yeah but half of Penn State's schedule every year is LOL worthy. He didn't even need a OL. Different story in the NFL.

Just now, Phire said:

Yeah but half of Penn State's schedule every year is LOL worthy. He didn't even need a OL. Different story in the NFL.

Yeah then watch the rest of the season, he can't do anything consistently because of them. Giants O-Line situation is probably better than Penn States tbh.