Phire

The NFC East Thread

The Beast of the East Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be King of the East in 2017?

• NY Giants
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Redskins

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

SaQUADS

SaQuad Barkley. I dig it.

He'll be broken down and over-used by the time he turns 25.

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

He'll be broken down and over-used by the time he turns 25.

False

1 hour ago, Danger said:

SaQuad Barkley. I dig it.

seen people calling him that, solid nickname

So the Giants decided to give Saquon a 4 years $31M fully guaranteed contract to a RB who's never taken a snap in the NFL? Better pray to God he doesn't get hurt. Does that make him top 5 paid already in RB's?

Bell, McCoy, Freeman(8m)????

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the Giants decided to give Saquon a 4 years $31M fully guaranteed contract to a RB who's never taken a snap in the NFL? Better pray to God he doesn't get hurt. Does that make him top 5 paid already in RB's?

Bell, McCoy, Freeman(8m)????

I'm pretty sure it has to do with draft slot. Either way, SaQuon will prove he deserves to be paid like that in due time. It's not often you have athletic freaks like him who are also amazing people off the field as well and so eager to learn and improve. Literally the only thing to dislike about Barkley is how he's now on a rival team.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with draft slot. Either way, SaQuon will prove he deserves to be paid like that in due time. It's not often you have athletic freaks like him who are also amazing people off the field as well and so eager to learn and improve. Literally the only thing to dislike about Barkley is how he's now on a rival team.

Didn't realize teams were "fully" Guaranteeing rookie contracts now? I'm not suggesting he won't be a Stud or deserving in years to come but Guaranteeing contracts in a position where he can possibly be the next Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make sense.

It's why they did away with Guaranteed contracts and the Jamarcus Russell's of the NFL.

Not comparing the two!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Didn't realize teams were "fully" Guaranteeing rookie contracts now? I'm not suggesting he won't be a Stud or deserving in years to come but Guaranteeing contracts in a position where he can possibly be the next Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make sense.

It's why they did away with Guaranteed contracts and the Jamarcus Russell's of the NFL.

Not comparing the two!

Yup, pretty sure that happened way back in like 2012 with the renegotiated CBA Think Cam Newton was the first one to receive such a deal. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cam-newton-7716/

Scroll down to the previous contract, then look at the total value as well as the guaranteed. 

So the Cowboys schedule starts off like this:

@ Panthers

Giants

@Seahawks

Lions

We all know the Giants suck, Seattle is rebuilding and the Lions are always meh.  The could conceivably be 3-1 or even 4-0 to start the year.  

So I'm calling it now, @Matts4313 will officially rejoin the board on October 1, 2018 to start gloating.  

Right before Dallas plays: @texans, Jaguars, @Redskins, Titans, @Falcons, Redskins, Saints, Eagles and fall to a 4-8 record.  

On paper, I see them losing the first two. I see them beating the Lions, Seattle could go either way given that it's IN Seattle and how crazy good their HFA is.

Posted (edited)

The cowboys will go as far as zeke takes them

Edited by Jeezla