Kareem Hunt--Do We Take A Look If He Is Cleared

Just Want A Title

I don't think so, but the Patriots have signed some controversial players in the past (and gotten rid of them if they went back to their old habits), so it wouldn't surprise me if Quinn is interested. He would be a good compliment to Kerryon. 

I would look at signing him. It wasn't to the extent of Ray Rice dragging his unconscious wife by the hair. He's going to get a job back in the league. Kerryon is a great RB but he has some health concerns. Bring in Hunt as a back up and force him to earn the starting job. Get him involved in the community and working to rehab his image.

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

I know. I wish that stuff would stop being tolerated.

Not really sure how you fix it. This league is all about production that leads to wins and championships. If you have a ton of nice guys on your team and you don't win a game, you'll be watching on the sidelines with the rest of us very soon.

I wonder if Martha might object.  It is her team.  I think he'd have to rectify his image in some way( which his agent is probably working on).  The Lions might be a good place for him.  Low visibility from an NFL standpoint.  He played at Toledo, so he sort of knows the area.  I'd give it a shot. 

He’s a talented player but  the risk isn’tworth it.

I would love the Lions to field a winning team but not at the expense of the teams integrity and not by turning a blind eye to Hunts behaviour. 

His behaviour is beyond what’s acceptable. He physically avoided restraint and went out of his way to get in the last kick.

The only time a man should use his strength against a woman is to effect an escape from physical abuse at the hands of the woman. 

Justifying a physical response because he’s being called names or hassled is cowardly.

YOU DON’T PHYSICALLY REACT TO A WOMAN UNLESS YOU'RE IN DANGER. 

12 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

He’s a talented player but  the risk isn’tworth it.

I would love the Lions to field a winning team but not at the expense of the teams integrity and not by turning a blind eye to Hunts behaviour. 

His behaviour is beyond what’s acceptable. He physically avoided restraint and went out of his way to get in the last kick.

The only time a man should use his strength against a woman is to effect an escape from physical abuse at the hands of the woman. 

Justifying a physical response because he’s being called names or hassled is cowardly.

Agreed 100%. I would actually extend this to anybody really. I think this applies if you're anyone but it's ten-fold if you're a public figure. You have so much to lose and there's a very narrow path from where you come out looking good at the end of it. If she was saying some nasty things, ask her to leave. If she refuses, call the cops and have her arrested for trespassing.

From a Lions perspective, we're a mid-market team and this whole thing is going to blow over soon enough. Vick made his amends and bounced back as star, multiple other guys have been involved in a variety of crimes and come back without much hesitation. He's going to be back in the league and he's going to be a dominant player again.

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed 100%. I would actually extend this to anybody really. I think this applies if you're anyone but it's ten-fold if you're a public figure. You have so much to lose and there's a very narrow path from where you come out looking good at the end of it. If she was saying some nasty things, ask her to leave. If she refuses, call the cops and have her arrested for trespassing.

From a Lions perspective, we're a mid-market team and this whole thing is going to blow over soon enough. Vick made his amends and bounced back as star, multiple other guys have been involved in a variety of crimes and come back without much hesitation. He's going to be back in the league and he's going to be a dominant player again.

Last time I checked Hunt has legs. They seem to work good on a football field, to bad they didn’t work the night of the altercation.

No doubt he will be back in the league. That’s the NFL’s problem. I hope it’s not also the Detroit Lions problem.

Archived