Who is a tougher matchup for New England, Rams or Saints?

DigInBoys

Tougher matchup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Tougher matchup?

• Rams
    • Saints

The Rams were probably the better team overall but the Saints probably match up better with the Pats because their defense is a little more versatile in the back 7. But we'll never know. I will just say I think the Pats will win and this will be a relatively high-scoring game, both teams in the 30s.

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Brees got out played in his own house by Goff...enough said really.

the stats are slightly in brees' favor. let's not forget that brees would've had a game winning drive if the blatant call was made... also, on brees' INT, there was clearly pass interference. the ball was not tipped.

34 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

the stats are slightly in brees' favor. let's not forget that brees would've had a game winning drive if the blatant call was made... also, on brees' INT, there was clearly pass interference. the ball was not tipped.

That wasn't pass inference. John Johnson was playing the ball and Thomas turned right into him. And let's not forget that Goffs pick was due to a Gurley drop. Goff undoubtedly outplayed Brees. I didn't think we could win if we didn't get the ground game going and he proved me wrong. 

As for this question, I think it's close but I lean Rams with some bias. 

1. Rams run defense all of a sudden is pretty solid. I attribute a lot of that to how good Suh has been. Still say Saints have a better run defense but it is super close. 

2. Rams have a better pass rush with Rankins out and have a better shot to put pressure in Bradys face. 

3. Secondary is a wash imo. Rams have more playmakers but we never know what version of Joyner and Peters will show up. 

4. Big difference for me is the Saints really don't have any offensive playmakers other than Thomas and Kamara. Gilmore could hold his own with Thomas and I'd trust that Bill would have a plan to eliminate Kamara with 2 weeks. 

5. Finally I think Rams O line is better right now. Maybe it's just that the Saints O line is beat up but Goff had a fairly clean game for playing on the road in a lot of obvious passing downs. 

I don't think the Saints would give up 40 to the Patriots but I think the Rams will, so Saints. Patriots would have keyed on Kamara so Brees would have to beat them with his arm to other receivers but it's possible. I don't know who the Pats will focus on the Rams offense, if it is Goff we'll know early.

52 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

Don't forget Roughing The Passer (Blow to the head) on Fowler on the Interception:

Brees was hit as he threw it wasn't like he just choked and threw a bad pass. It was a good play by the defense and whether he was hit in the head or not it didn't affect the play that was made it just would have changed the result but I don't think that is what this thread is about.

It wasn't DPI in my opinion because Brees was hit as he threw and the DB didn't interfere with the receiver's ability to make the catch because the ball wasn't going to be there. If Brees wasn't hit and the DB was in the way of the WR's route even if he was looking at the ball he interfered with his ability to make the catch because he wouldn't have been going for the ball because the ball would have been 20 yards down field.

Brees is the better overall QB but Goff is more clutch. 

If the Pats play the saints then the only way I can see the saints winning is by a blowout. 

But if it came down to the wire then I doubt the pats will want to face the rams because Goff is more clutch than Brees

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Brees was hit as he threw it wasn't like he just choked and threw a bad pass. It was a good play by the defense and whether he was hit in the head or not it didn't affect the play that was made it just would have changed the result but I don't think that is what this thread is about.

It wasn't DPI in my opinion because Brees was hit as he threw and the DB didn't interfere with the receiver's ability to make the catch because the ball wasn't going to be there. If Brees wasn't hit and the DB was in the way of the WR's route even if he was looking at the ball he interfered with his ability to make the catch because he wouldn't have been going for the ball because the ball would have been 20 yards down field.

DB has a right to his spot on the field. It's not DPI for him to stand in his spot. He can't run into the WR, but if the WR runs into a DB holding his ground, it's not DPI.

Archived