2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

DLaw was a dud after 2 years also.

DLaws rookie year he pretty much won the Lions playoff game for us with his sack fumble after missing most of the year. And DLaw had 8 sacks in year 2.

Not the same as Taco. 

I would say that Taco didn't break out in college until year 3. He was a late bloomer. Could be true here to.

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Za’Darius Smith is the wrong scheme fit. He’s a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE. He’s also a marginal pass rusher. It’s not like his production would match that of D-Law. In fact, it’s not terribly close. 

I understand the thought but my point is that 2 players would offer us more benefit than the one. 

An updated look at the edge rusher market by AAV:

Khalil Mack - $23.5M
Von Miller - $19.1M
Olivier Vernon - $17.0M
Chandler Jones - $16.5M
Za’Darius Smith - $16.5M

No way in hell i'd pay D. Law more than V. Miller

4 minutes ago, Trapt37 said:

An updated look at the edge rusher market by AAV:

Khalil Mack - $23.5M
Von Miller - $19.1M
Olivier Vernon - $17.0M
Chandler Jones - $16.5M
Za’Darius Smith - $16.5M

No way in hell i'd pay D. Law more than V. Miller

DLaws tag is $20.5. He is already getting more than Miller. Ideally he gets a contract at around 19 or 20.

Just now, DaBoys said:

DLaws tag is $20.5. He is already getting more than Miller.

yeah but if we offered him 6yrs for say $114, that's like 19 per year, otherwise i'd trade him...also he's already stated he won't play under the tag so...

8 minutes ago, Trapt37 said:

yeah but if we offered him 6yrs for say $114, that's like 19 per year, otherwise i'd trade him...also he's already stated he won't play under the tag so...

Do you have the quote? I haven't seen it.

5 minutes ago, Trapt37 said:
9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you have the quote? I haven't seen it.

I don't have the quote but it's been said on numerous different occasions...

Here ya go, theres a bunch of links:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=demarcus+lawrence+won't+sign+franchise+tag

It appears its all leaks from his agent to the media and not a direct quote attributed to Dlaw. But thats pretty much standard protocol for the player to go radio silent. 

2 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I understand the thought but my point is that 2 players would offer us more benefit than the one. 

No, they would not. You can only play one of them at a time. So, if that player gives you 50% production, the team suffers. 

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

We should not entertain that idea. You don’t let a premier pass rusher walk if you can’t replace him.

Except he is replaceable...Houston, ET could be had for what D. Law wants maybe even add another FA in there, and houston could offer close to the production D. Law does for a fraction of the cost

55 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No, they would not. You can only play one of them at a time. So, if that player gives you 50% production, the team suffers. 

In what world does this make sense? For the price of D Law you could be in a similar range to pay a starting Safety and a DE. Or 2 DE's. They would both play at the same time. 

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In what world does this make sense? For the price of D Law you could be in a similar range to pay a starting Safety and a DE. Or 2 DE's. They would both play at the same time. 

Do I need to explain how the math works? I certainly shouldn’t.

Archived