2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

Latavious Murray as a back up to Zeke would be an option to look at on RB.

If Jared Cook is available I might take a flyer on him even with our youth at the position. 

I really wanted Malcolm Brown out of college and would still like to see him in a Cowboys uni. Grady Jarret if we wanted to go higher, Suh if we want to go older. 

Earl Thomas or Collins for safety. 

These are just players that would help right now but there are other backup positions that could be upgraded. 

27 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess a better question would be what do you think ET will want in his contract and how far would you go to pay him before he becomes overpriced

I've said before that we will get him cheaper than any other club. But cheaper doesn't mean cheap. We have some extra cash. Tony Romo for the first time in 16 years isn't counting towards our cap. Let's do something.

Mack is getting $23M per

Miller is getting $19M per

Then you have Ziggy Ansah, Olivier Vernon, and J.Houston all at around $17M

I'd try to ink DLaw in at around $18M per

I wouldn't touch Zeke as he was a first rounder and will have a 5th year option. We technically have two years before we have to worry about it unless he holds out or something. As the 4th overall pick he has been getting paid pretty good this whole time.

I wouldn't touch Daks contract. QBs aren't ever a threat to hold out, so no need to worry about that. I am inclined to let him play his 4th cheap year, and if he stays his course franchise him after that. Hell franchise him twice if need be. The only way I sign him long term is if he completely balls out like 2015 Cam Newton style. Then maybe I'm wishing I had signed him sooner while it was cheaper, but that's a good problem to have. 

Amari Cooper is going to want $17M plus

And for Byron going rate for top CBs are $15M plus

Jaylon Smith is in his final year...

As is LaEl Collins I believe....

Now you see why they might not be big players in FA.

I really don’t see us players at all in FA market tell after draft when we also should have a better handle on Fredrick.   I wouldn’t be opposed to a FA safety but am leary ET will he have the right attitude he used to being the  leader and in this D he would not be.   And don’t we have one more year with Smith at LB and a option year after that 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Mack is getting $23M per

Miller is getting $19M per

Then you have Ziggy Ansah, Olivier Vernon, and J.Houston all at around $17M

I'd try to ink DLaw in at around $18M per

I wouldn't touch Zeke as he was a first rounder and will have a 5th year option. We technically have two years before we have to worry about it unless he holds out or something. As the 4th overall pick he has been getting paid pretty good this whole time.

I wouldn't touch Daks contract. QBs aren't ever a threat to hold out, so no need to worry about that. I am inclined to let him play his 4th cheap year, and if he stays his course franchise him after that. Hell franchise him twice if need be. The only way I sign him long term is if he completely balls out like 2015 Cam Newton style. Then maybe I'm wishing I had signed him sooner while it was cheaper, but that's a good problem to have. 

Amari Cooper is going to want $17M plus

And for Byron going rate for top CBs are $15M plus

Jaylon Smith is in his final year...

As is LaEl Collins I believe....

Now you see why they might not be big players in FA.

I wpuldnt mind extending Zeke now if we frontloaded a ton of the cap hit this year while we still have 1 more year of cheap Dak.

That way if we do run Zeke into the ground it wont hurt our future cap to let him go.

5 hours ago, quiller said:

I really don’t see us players at all in FA market tell after draft when we also should have a better handle on Fredrick.   I wouldn’t be opposed to a FA safety but am leary ET will he have the right attitude he used to being the  leader and in this D he would not be.   And don’t we have one more year with Smith at LB and a option year after that 

No. He was drafted in 2016 along with Zeke. Zeke has a 5th year option because he was a 1st round pick. Jaylon was 34th overall, so he is a UFA after next season.

Archived