2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I wonder what D Thomas is asking for. He could be a nice cheap pick up. 

He was arrested couple weeks ago for assault and couple other things. 

Think I'd pass, even though I do suspect he would be fairly cheap. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

He was arrested couple weeks ago for assault and couple other things. 

Think I'd pass, even though I do suspect he would be fairly cheap. 

Oh wow. I missed that completely. That seems surprisingly out of character. 

8 minutes ago, Northland said:

Swaim is gone.  Sign Eifert.  Some team is going to get a great bargain with him.  He's worth the risk.

So I'm not opposed per se, but what position gets shorthanded? I mean, I assume Jarwin and Schultz have to stick since the other two options are old and slow or constantly injured. 

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So I'm not opposed per se, but what position gets shorthanded? I mean, I assume Jarwin and Schultz have to stick since the other two options are old and slow or constantly injured. 

We carried 4 last year. We probably cut Rico and just leave one off the active roster. 

24 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

For me its a good problem to have.  Personally I'm done with the Rico experiment.  Eifert will come cheap and the upside is huge.  The issue is not his contract this year.  It will be the extension he will look for if he knocks it out of the park.  Some décisions are based on analytics and careful thought.  This is pure gut feel.  I like the upside.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We carried 4 last year. We probably cut Rico and just leave one off the active roster. 

Which is fine I suppose and I hope Dallas does more than "probably cut Rico".  

I just think Schultz/Jarwin probably deserve a little better than that though and it does neither of them any good sitting behind a couple of rentals. 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Which is fine I suppose and I hope Dallas does more than "probably cut Rico".  

I just think Schultz/Jarwin probably deserve a little better than that though and it does neither of them any good sitting behind a couple of rentals. 

Open competition.  Let the best players win the role(s).

Archived