2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

Agreed. 

What round are these guys they are scouting at the senior bowl expected to go?  It does appear we are looking at DT again.  Though I don't think we have a real 1T on the roster, Rod loves his 3s and 5s. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have Woods. We don't need a starting 1T. A back-up, sure.

We could have used a starting 1T in that Rams game with Woods injuried. If I'm drafting I am always looking to see if the prospect I draft could one day be a starter.

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We could have used a starting 1T in that Rams game with Woods injuried. If I'm drafting I am always looking to see if the prospect I draft could one day be a starter.

We also had Ross out as well, so we were essentially down to our 3rd-string 1T in Reid. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

What round are these guys they are scouting at the senior bowl expected to go?  It does appear we are looking at DT again.  Though I don't think we have a real 1T on the roster, Rod loves his 3s and 5s. 

Gaines is maybe a 4th or 5th round guy. Christmas is probably a 7th-UDFA. 

26 minutes ago, D82 said:

We also had Ross out as well, so we were essentially down to our 3rd-string 1T in Reid. 

Both did well in starting roles. H/e if both are having hampering injuries it is not a bad idea to draft a high potential guy in the 4th or 5th that could possibly start one day for the team.

I said this in another thread but my sleepers are Gaines and Mack.

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Both did well in starting roles. H/e if both are having hampering injuries it is not a bad idea to draft a high potential guy in the 4th or 5th that could possibly start one day for the team.

I said this in another thread but my sleepers are Gaines and Mack.

Sure, I don't have any issue adding more depth to the trenches. 

16 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We have Woods. We don't need a starting 1T. A back-up, sure.

Let's not bank on a one year wonder. If it is BPA lets get it. 

We lucked out with woods and finally got a stout DT this year and realized it gelled our defense finally together. Let's get one more guy who can do it.

We don't really have "starters" on the DL besides Dlaw, everyone is pretty much rotational.

15 hours ago, atran35 said:

Why is RG not starting at RDE? He can't stop the RUN? 

He was surprisingly solid against the run at the end of the year given his frame.

Also, anyone starting besides Dlaw doesn't mean anything for our D-line, our production can be mainly attributed to Rod M. commitment to hustle with rotations to compliment it.

Dlaw is just a different animal. He is our mack.

Why is RG not starting at RDE? 

Traditionally because he can't pass a drug test, and currently because he is 1 test away from a permanent ban(?). 

He can't stop the RUN? 

He has always been good in pursuit but certainly his strength at the LOS and his thin frame were called into question. He has put on some weight though. 

Archived