Senior Bowl Week

WindyCity

On the topic of people who are less likely for us, but having really good Senior Bowls so far:

Debo Samuel-WR is almost assuredly going (WAY) before our draft slot, but kid looks like a stud... Winning basically every rep. WF had him as a 2nd rounder... I think that may end up being his floor.

Renell Wren-DT* (almost assuredly a DE in the NFL, from reports) is basically unblockable, and is now being double teamed every rep in practice because of it. WF had him as a 4th-6th.... Probably going to end up in play a bit earlier, like a 3rd-5th.... He's making himself money this week so far.

Andy Isabella-WR is another guy who's been dominant from the WR grouping. He was one of the guys I really wanted to keep an eye on since he's got very fast feet, and was a major deep threat. WF had him as a 4th-6th... but I think he could end up going in the mid 2nd- mid 3rd range ahead of us.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Justice Hill is a kid I really like at that pick... kid is "only" 190 lbs but can squat over 550 lbs.

That is a crazy lift, likely more than most of our OL can squat TBH. lol

I like Hill, just wish he was used more in the passing game. I'm looking forward to seeing him at the Combine and see how well he runs route and if he catches the ball with ease.

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That is a crazy lift, likely more than most of our OL can squat TBH. lol

I like Hill, just wish he was used more in the passing game. I'm looking forward to seeing him at the Combine and see how well he runs route and if he catches the ball with ease.

I was at a college gym in Chicago in 90s lifting next to some dude who was squating 500 in reps of 10. Did it multiple times.  I was like dang.  Early 20s. 

He wasnt even that huge, nor did he look roided up or like a body builder.  He wasn't an athlete, I don't think, or a power lifter (they dont do reps of ten).  He was like 6'1 and 260 or so.   Just seemingly a regular guy who liked to be strong and was.  

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was at a college gym in Chicago in 90s lifting next to some dude who was squating 500 in reps of 10. Did it multiple times.  I was like dang.  Early 20s. 

He wasnt even that huge, nor did he look roided up or like a body builder.  He wasn't an athlete, I don't think, or a power lifter (they dont do reps of ten).  He was like 6'1 and 260 or so.   Just seemingly a regular guy who liked to be strong and was.  

That is nuts. Some people are just born to have great leverages. I remember 8tg grade we were allowed to lift at the high school, so some of us could max at 135 or 145, then one kids hit 215 for 3. Squats he was way better than us too, he was just made to be able to lift serious weight. 

Oddly enough I found that college sprinters were MUCH stronger than I had anticipated. Some didn't even look like they lifted but still handled weight that were comparable to some of our lineman at 100 pounds less. Learning more about acceleration and such it made sense later but blew my mind as a college freshman. lol

Edit - I've wanted to lift at a few gyms like Westside or other elite powerlifting gyms. Not long-term as I'm not competing, just to hang out and see the crazy weight getting put up. Olympic lifts too (as I suck at them). 

Bears met with Terry McLaurin-WR (Ohio State)

Fastest clocked kid on the field in practices, good size, good weight, good on ST too.... Also been killing it on route running....  I'm not sure there's much chance he makes it to our draft position, but perhaps we'd consider doing another Anthony Miller type trade up if he hits a certain area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfgm_wZtg-w

Archived