Milt Hendrickson hired to senior personnel position

Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers snagged former 4th round OG Nico Siragusa from the Ravens practice squad.....
right after the reports about Milt Hendrickson coming to GB from Baltimore came out

You sure? We got him a while back

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

You sure? We got him a while back

Not sure of anything...however:

"Unofficial" Hendrickson reports came out on December 12th , Siragusa was snagged on December 12th
Milt Hendrickson is a long-time close friend of Gute, I am guessing Milt signed off on the idea based on what he knew as a Raven's personnel guy

OG Nico Siragusa injured multiple ligaments in his knee, GB would not have access to any of his medicals, but Milt would

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

McGinn put a story out on Dec. 13 about Hendrickson joining the Packers.  The Packers picked up Siragusa on Dec. 12.

Felt like it was longer than that when we got him. Thanks dudes

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, rcon14 said:

Looks like a lot of the guys that Henderickson had drafted on OL were significantly less athletic than what GB tended to use. It's tough because I'm not sure of BAL's run-scheme (for some reason I think it was less ZBS, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) so it's tough to tell if Hendrickson prefers big maulers who are slower or if those were just the linemen that would best fit BAL's scheme. It would seem tough for a lot of the guys listed above to cut it in the nearly exclusive ZBS that Shanahan offenses use.

Of course, every team runs a bit of each, but here's what I found on reddit. 
I can't vouch for the veracity of this work-  but I posted his the comments on BAL and GB blocking schemes (under the previous regime)

Baltimore Ravens - Power Running Scheme

Green Bay Packers - ZBS | some Power/Gap plays

Its kind of interesting to poach a Senior front office guy in December, they typically like to wait until draft and FA are over for these moves
Hendrickson knows some of the inside story of the Ravens plans and also may have insight into how they viewed GB free agents. It also happened just as Ozzie is stepping aside into an advisor role and letting DeCosta take over, so Gute gets a nice peek under the BAL personnel tent
That surely leads to some interesting discussions at 1265

Going back a ways in the thread. I say bring back Reggie McKenzie and pick up a few of those Baltimore FA's including Smith if the price is right. I doubt Suggs leaves Baltimore though. He's been a staple of that franchise since Ray was playing. I'm little miffed at the possibility of moving away from the more athletic linemen we've used along the OL. The way our guys get hurt, I can't help but think that we'd be asking for more injuries and worse injuries if we went that route...

Archived