NFL QBS 2019

Xristof

Here is my list of top 5 qbs of 2019.

1)Daniel Jones
First of all he has a great arm strength.He has a good motion and throw of the football and also a strong and fast body to compete at the nfl level. He has size (6'5) and a good read of the game i think he should be drafted at the first round to be a next franchise qb of any team that need a quarterback to built around him.

2)Jarret Stidham
He may have not his best year but this doesnt mean he dont have the tools to go and have a great success as a nfl quarterback. He is 6'3 and have a good arm strength.I think he is really accurate when he is in rythm.he is a talented thrower of the football and should go number 1 or 2 round of the nfl draft.

3)Will grier
He reminds me a bit of baker mayfield. he could be a starting nfl qb at some point but for sure he would have to sit behind a veteran first.
he can be a decent 2-3 round pick.

4)Ryan finley

He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan.He has a good size. a good throw of the football. really accurate.
he can be a good 3 or 4 round draft pick with a potential to be a staring qb on some point.

5)Drew lock
One of the strongest arms at the college football.He takes some risks but many coaches at the nfl like this.He has good size and a good throw of the football.
I think he can go 1-2 round at the draft.

I dont mention justin herbert because i think he will play another year at college.
Also another two notables qb to watch and draft is  1) Milton Mckenzie. 2)Manny wilkins. 
the first one is a really solid qb like (drew brees) i would say.
and the second one has one of the most beutiful throw of the football i have ever seen. he has a great arm.

Let me know your opinion about the upcoming nfl 2019 draft about the quarterbacks of this draft.
Greetings from greece to all.

50 minutes ago, Xristof said:

Here is my list of top 5 qbs of 2019.

1)Daniel Jones
First of all he has a great arm strength.He has a good motion and throw of the football and also a strong and fast body to compete at the nfl level. He has size (6'5) and a good read of the game i think he should be drafted at the first round to be a next franchise qb of any team that need a quarterback to built around him.

2)Jarret Stidham
He may have not his best year but this doesnt mean he dont have the tools to go and have a great success as a nfl quarterback. He is 6'3 and have a good arm strength.I think he is really accurate when he is in rythm.he is a talented thrower of the football and should go number 1 or 2 round of the nfl draft.

3)Will grier
He reminds me a bit of baker mayfield. he could be a starting nfl qb at some point but for sure he would have to sit behind a veteran first.
he can be a decent 2-3 round pick.

4)Ryan finley

He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan.He has a good size. a good throw of the football. really accurate.
he can be a good 3 or 4 round draft pick with a potential to be a staring qb on some point.

5)Drew lock
One of the strongest arms at the college football.He takes some risks but many coaches at the nfl like this.He has good size and a good throw of the football.
I think he can go 1-2 round at the draft.

I dont mention justin herbert because i think he will play another year at college.
Also another two notables qb to watch and draft is  1) Milton Mckenzie. 2)Manny wilkins. 
the first one is a really solid qb like (drew brees) i would say.
and the second one has one of the most beutiful throw of the football i have ever seen. he has a great arm.

Let me know your opinion about the upcoming nfl 2019 draft about the quarterbacks of this draft.
Greetings from greece to all.

Justin Herbert is definitely going back to Oregon. Milton Mckenzie is not a person. McKenzie Milton is going back to school.

Where is Dwayne Haskins? Where is Kyler Murray? 

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Justin Herbert is definitely going back to Oregon. Milton Mckenzie is not a person. McKenzie Milton is going back to school.

Where is Dwayne Haskins? Where is Kyler Murray? 

Where is Haskins? Kyler Murray is where he belongs, not in the top 5 because he'll have no longevity among other hindrances due to his size.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where is Haskins? Kyler Murray is where he belongs, not in the top 5 because he'll have no longevity among other hindrances due to his size.

Kyler Murray isn't better than Ryan Finley and Jarrett Stidham? I don't know if Murray is going to be good in the NFL, but I would bet my legs that he's better than Stidham and Finley. He's my QB #2 and I don't think it's really close. Care to elaborate further on why you don't like him aside from the idea that "he might get hurt?"

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Kyler Murray isn't better than Ryan Finley and Jarrett Stidham? I don't know if Murray is going to be good in the NFL, but I would bet my legs that he's better than Stidham and Finley. He's my QB #2 and I don't think it's really close. Care to elaborate further on why you don't like him aside from the idea that "he might get hurt?"

He's GOING to get hurt. None of the other QB's near his size were nearly as reliant on their legs as Kyler Murray. Not to mention he's also a solid 2-3 inches shorter and 15-20 pounds lighter than Brees or Wilson. He's going to have to throw at a higher trajectory than other QBs in turn leaving the ball in the air longer. Dude should not play QB. It's more or less like DeSean Jackson playing QB. It's not going to end well.

I'm not particularly enamored with any QB in this class but give me Haskins, Jones, Lock, Grier, Stidham, and even Kyle Shurmur over him.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Kyle Shurmur

I do like Shurmur. But I think it's a bit much to say someone is GOING to get hurt. Injuries are flukey. It's not like the dudes he was playing against in college were significantly smaller than the players in the NFL. And he's 100x the passer Lamar Jackson was so it's not like he's going to be a gimmicky run only QB like LoJack is right now. He's a passing QB with elite wheels when things break down or you want to throw a zone/read in there.

I said the same thing about Baker when people lambasted him for his size. Was he getting balls batted down in college? No. Why would that all of a sudden start happening in the NFL? The dudes are the same size. Meanwhile tall QB's with no awareness are getting passes batted down all day long because they refuse to change their arm angles. Look at Baker Mayfield. One of the shortest QB's in the league and he's got a cannon. Kyler Murray has a very similar arm in terms of strength. It's not quite at Bakers level, but it's darn close.

20 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

kyler murray at his team and at college level he produce better than those two sure. but ryan finley and jarret stidham has better potential to be a good starting qb at the nfl.

20 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I do like Shurmur. But I think it's a bit much to say someone is GOING to get hurt. Injuries are flukey. It's not like the dudes he was playing against in college were significantly smaller than the players in the NFL. And he's 100x the passer Lamar Jackson was so it's not like he's going to be a gimmicky run only QB like LoJack is right now. He's a passing QB with elite wheels when things break down or you want to throw a zone/read in there.

I said the same thing about Baker when people lambasted him for his size. Was he getting balls batted down in college? No. Why would that all of a sudden start happening in the NFL? The dudes are the same size. Meanwhile tall QB's with no awareness are getting passes batted down all day long because they refuse to change their arm angles. Look at Baker Mayfield. One of the shortest QB's in the league and he's got a cannon. Kyler Murray has a very similar arm in terms of strength. It's not quite at Bakers level, but it's darn close.

you have a point. but dont you think his size will make him strugle at the nfl?

20 hours ago, Danger said:

There is legitimately no correlation between height and NFL success.

22 hours ago, Danger said:

He's GOING to get hurt. None of the other QB's near his size were nearly as reliant on their legs as Kyler Murray. Not to mention he's also a solid 2-3 inches shorter and 15-20 pounds lighter than Brees or Wilson. He's going to have to throw at a higher trajectory than other QBs in turn leaving the ball in the air longer. Dude should not play QB. It's more or less like DeSean Jackson playing QB. It's not going to end well.

I'm not particularly enamored with any QB in this class but give me Haskins, Jones, Lock, Grier, Stidham, and even Kyle Shurmur over him.

I agree with this he reminds me of a better version of Pat White

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There is legitimately no correlation between height and NFL success.

I thought there was something for that at one point.  Like I know shorter QBs are/seem to be a lot less likely to be successful than taller guys.

1 hour ago, Xristof said:

you have a point. but dont you think his size will make him strugle at the nfl?

Maybe a little. But I don't like to predict injures--that seems like a futile practice to me. And I also didn't notice Murray getting passes batted down or anything like that at a high level while he played at Oklahoma. And it's not like the players grow or shrink in the NFL--the guys attempting to bat down passes in college are the same size as the guys in the NFL.

Problems seeing over the line? Not a problem. Oklahoma's OL is big and is very comparable to what he'll have in the NFL.

Size is overrated when you're as good as some of these QB's are. People harped on Baker being too small and compared him to Johnny Manziel. It's lazy to dismiss guys as "too short" without showing how exactly it affected them in college. Baker Mayfield never had issues in college because he was "short." Why would it all of a sudden start to be a problem in the NFL, where guys are about the same exact size as they were in college?

I don't think Murray is nearly as good of a passer as Baker or even Darnold/Rosen last year. This is why I'd avoid putting him at THAT level, but he's a 1st rounder all day.

Archived