Best players you expect to leave your team in free agency

Dome

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens have 3 obvious guys

CJ Mosley

Za'Darius Smith

John Brown

And then we'll probably have some cap casualties like Eric Weddle and Michael Crabtree

Ravens run a 3-4 right? Do you think Za’Darius (crazy name) could be a 4-3 DE?

59 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Flashes wouldn't be the right word.  Prior to this year, when he played he seemed capable of being an average player.  This year he got almost no playtime, his only notable play was catching a hail mary and not being able to get into the endzone (to be fair, it was good defense by the Pats, they let the throw go in before the goal and crowded him at the goal line).  For some reason Nagy didn't play him much, which was surprising to some of us because there was some pre-season discussion that if he could stay healthy he would get some playtime.  I think that the injuries did their damage on him both physically and mentally, and I doubt he becomes much, if anything, in the NFL.

Real shame.  White looked like he was gonna be such a monster coming out of WV.  Seems like a prime "change of scenery" candidate, hoping a fresh start shakes something loose for him mentally.  But yeah...have to wonder if he's just broken after all that.  Robbed of a bunch of that athleticism, and that's all gotta take it's toll mentally.

Still seems like a good candidate for a team with lots of opportunity to take a low-risk flyer on in a really thin FA WR crop.

Notables (if you can even call half this list "notables"): Darqueze Dennard, Tyler Eifert, Preston Brown, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, Michael Johnson, Bobby Hart, Jake Fisher, Cedric Ogbuehi (lol)

The Bengals have a pretty sorry list of impending free agents this year, with Darqueze Dennard being the only one with any significant value that may interest other teams. He has been very solid in a limited role throughout his career, manning the slot with Kirkpatrick and Jackson III on the perimeter. He's been a low-key reliable cover man who physical, presses really well and likes to tackle. He's got that first round pedigree and potential for more. Retaining him shouldn't come at a huge cost depending on his market value, but with Kirkpatrick already making 10 million and Jackson likely to be extended next offseason I'm not sure how much money we want to invest into one position. Chances of leaving: 60%

Eifert, who should be healthy by kickoff 2019, is due for another 1-year, incentive-laiden deal. I'd welcome him back, but wouldn't gear the roster to revolve around him playing 16 games. Anything he contributes should be a bonus to the Bengals plans. He's already expressed he would loves Cincinnati and would prefer to come back to the team that drafted him. If the Bengals want to cut the cord, he's obviously gone. But if we offer him a decent deal I think he resigns. Chances of leaving: 10%

Brown is likely one and done here. He's not the type of QB who fits what the NFL is today. Our "GM" has already expressed once this offseason we are looking to get faster on defense, alluding to linebacker. Brown ain't that guy. Even with our LB core a mess, I don't see him returning. He has some value on team that utilizes a 34 base. He's two years removed from leading the NFL in tackles. Just don't ask him to cover in space. Chances of leaving: 90%

As for Kroft and Uzomah, I think we bring one of them back. Likely Uzomah who flashed a bit this past season. We have 3 TEs as FAs. Uzomah will likely be the priority. I don't think there's a team looking to pry any of them away. But all three are good enough to stick on an NFL roster. The draft will be the determining factor of whether or not we bring these guys back on cheap deals. Chances of Uzomah leaving: 25%, Chances of Kroft leaving: 70%

Michael Johnson doesn't have much left. He's decent at stacking the LOS, and may bat a ball or two down. Other than that, he's a great guy and a true humanitarian. He's one of the last cling ons from the Marvin Lewis era. Chances of leaving: 100%

Then there's Bobby Hart, Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher. Ogbuehi has been dreadful since day 1. He's finished here. Hart or Fisher may return, but only as depth/swing tackles. Their mostly baddies.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Barry Church was already cut, awhile ago.  He's a Free Agent.  Entirely washed up though. 

I completely forgot they cut him just a couple hours before Harrison screwed up his knee. 

In my defense, I did put him as most likely to be cut. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I completely forgot they cut him just a couple hours before Harrison screwed up his knee. 

In my defense, I did put him as most likely to be cut. 

That series of events was pretty much the Jaguars management for the season in a nutshell.  xD

18 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

For the bears, solid chance Adrian Amos leaves in FA.  Same with RT Bobbie Massie, WR Kevin White (lol).  I would also expect Dion Sims and Cody Parkey to get cut, and suggest that no one sign them.  

Surprised you failed to mention CB Bryce Callahan.. Consisntetly rated a top 5 NCB and will demand probably $7-$8m. My guess is Pace does what it takes to keep the secondary intact. OT Bobby Massie/OLB Aaron Lynch/WR Kevin White/K Cody Parkey/TE Dion Sims are all goners.

19 hours ago, Cypher said:

Darryl Williams

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Trent Brown could also very easily leave NE. 

I could see one of these two guys overpaid by Houston - and I wouldn't mind. I'd still want to draft someone, but depth and competition is a good thing.

Archived