Rivera, Halladay, Martinez, & Mussina elected to HoF

Forge

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Harold Baines has the same career fWAR as Mariano. Despite appearing in literally 1500 more games.

Still mad.

You can barely even find stuff from Baines on YT. The guy has zero signature moments.

I honestly feel bad for the guy because he's a joke thru no fault of his own obvs

8 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

You can barely even find stuff from Baines on YT. The guy has zero signature moments.

I honestly feel bad for the guy because he's a joke thru no fault of his own obvs

No and having a career hitting a baseball until you're 42 is an amazing feat. It's a shame for him that now his career is distilled down to this.

But he was a worse version of Kenny Lofton or Jim Edmonds and at least those guys had a bunch of easily identifiable signature "wow" moments. Baines was a respectable DH and a pretty miserable OF for most of his career and yet he gets in before the greatest DH of all time.

8 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Why is it ridiculous? Omar was essentially 2018 Nick Ahmed.

11 Gold Gloves and arguably the GOAT defensive SS.

Almost 2900 career hits

A respectable .272 career average 

Almost 1500 runs

And Ozzie Smith is in as are about 15 other shortstops worse than him.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

11 Gold Gloves and arguably the GOAT defensive SS.

Almost 2900 career hits

A respectable .272 career average 

Almost 1500 runs

And Ozzie Smith is in as are about 15 other shortstops worse than him.

Never saw Omar do a backflip or appear on the Simpsons. Case closed. 

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

arguably the GOAT defensive SS

no he is not. I love Vizquel, one of my favorite players growing up. But he is not close to Ozzie.

He is arguably #2. Mark Belanger has an argument there. And that is why Vizquel shouldn't be in the hall. These two are essentially the same player. If Belanger isn't in, then Vizquel can't be either.

LOL

Mark Belinger didn't even hit .230 in his career and Vizquel has an OPS that is over .100 points higher, not to mention a +14 on OPS+.

This doesn't even take into account bulk stats like hits, runs, etc, which are tremendously better.

Awful take, but that's the norm. 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Mark Belinger didn't even hit .230 in his career and Vizquel has an OPS that is over .100 points higher, not to mention a +14 on OPS+.

This doesn't even take into account bulk stats like hits, runs, etc, which are tremendously better.

Awful take, but that's the norm. 

I couldn't care less between 68 and 82 OPS+. They are both bad and do zero to help a players candidacy. Bulk numbers don't mean much to me either. Playing a long time is great and all, but it's not a hall worthy achievement. 

Both players are all defense

Vizquel's WAR is 45.6 in 24 seasons; Belanger is 40.9 in 18. They are the same player for any relevant discussion about being hall worthy. And if you care about Jaws (which takes into account peak as well) Belanger is actually .2 higher.

And who are the SS worse than Vizquel in the hall? Did any of them play in the modern era (1900 or later)

Archived