2019 NFL Draft

skhurst0398

Easy my friend grab the best DT, DE, or OL available on the board.  You can literally do this for the 1st 3 rounds for us and the draft would be a major success every single time lol. 

I personally would have Gary and Ford lower than the other DT's and OL that are 1st round guys just based on i think others are better than Gary he can be a bit to lazy and inconsistent for my taste.  Ford i actually like alot i just think to take him it would be better to trade down and do it because he isn't the same value as alot of the DT/DE that will be available there.  The only OL i think would be good value there is Jonah Williams. Although i would take all these guys over Williams.

Q. Williams, N. Bosa, E. Oliver, J. Simmons, C. Ferrell, D. Lawrence, and C. Wilkins.    Although Lawrence and Wilkins i have about even as Jonah right now so im not complaining at all about either of those if picked and the 1st few guys are gone. 

For 2nd round i would target guys like Dieter, Risner, etc....  the good OL 2nd round group   and then int he 3rd round either another good DT or a Edge guy like Oshane or  Jackson if there.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:39 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Easy my friend grab the best DT, DE, or OL available on the board.  You can literally do this for the 1st 3 rounds for us and the draft would be a major success every single time lol. 

I personally would have Gary and Ford lower than the other DT's and OL that are 1st round guys just based on i think others are better than Gary he can be a bit to lazy and inconsistent for my taste.  Ford i actually like alot i just think to take him it would be better to trade down and do it because he isn't the same value as alot of the DT/DE that will be available there.  The only OL i think would be good value there is Jonah Williams. Although i would take all these guys over Williams.

Q. Williams, N. Bosa, E. Oliver, J. Simmons, C. Ferrell, D. Lawrence, and C. Wilkins.    Although Lawrence and Wilkins i have about even as Jonah right now so im not complaining at all about either of those if picked and the 1st few guys are gone. 

For 2nd round i would target guys like Dieter, Risner, etc....  the good OL 2nd round group   and then int he 3rd round either another good DT or a Edge guy like Oshane or  Jackson if there.

Of Lawrence and Wilkins, who do you think has better value for the team. They play the same position but to me they hold different value in what they do. I like Wilkins a little more just because he is disruptive against both the run and pass. Lawrence is bigger and seems to be more athletic too for a man his size but it hasn't turned in to production in the pass rushing department. He is a clogger in the run game though and may have a little more upside. 

7 hours ago, skhurst0398 said:

Of Lawrence and Wilkins, who do you think has better value for the team. They play the same position but to me they hold different value in what they do. I like Wilkins a little more just because he is disruptive against both the run and pass. Lawrence is bigger and seems to be more athletic too for a man his size but it hasn't turned in to production in the pass rushing department. He is a clogger in the run game though and may have a little more upside. 

of the 2 i would say Wilkins as it sits right now.  But my personal choice would be to do a small trade down grabbing a extra 2nd or 3rd round pick and taking Lawrence.   If we could drop to say 21 to 27 and get Lawrence plus a 2nd rounder from a team i consider that a massive win.   That and we need a legit 1T to put next to grady and stop the run so he fits that mold as well.  With that said Wilkins can play the 1T as well and does provide some pass rush too.    So at 14  go Wilkins   if a small trade down to say 17 to 20 + a 3rd and wilkins is there go him still.  If a big trade down to 21 to 27 + a 2nd   go Lawrence as Wilkins will be gone more than likely. 

12 hours ago, El ramster said:

All oline boys.. Give Matty ice all the time he needs. 

We for sure need some O-line but you can't neglect the D-line either.  You seen what happened last time when we tried that in the SB.  The offense did it's part but the Defense got worn out and couldn't get the stops when we needed it for the whole 2nd half lol.   We need to fix both of those lines with quite a few new people.  OG, RT, DT, and Edge

54 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Can't see the team going corner in the first round.

depends whose available. You can typically find starting guards in the mid rounds, it certainly needs to be addressed but not necessarily with our 1st. If theres one of the elite DL guys available then grab him, if not and williams is there then thats tough to turn down. ALfords gone, poole was abysmal and is likely gone, we have trufant and oliver who had an injury riddled rookie year. you need at least 3 starting caliber corners in todays nfl, its pretty clearly a tier 1 (or 1a) need imo.

14 hours ago, scar988 said:

Can't see the team going corner in the first round.

I have to agree and i hope not with Trufant, Oliver and Kazee as our main 3 we can get some solid depth still with cheap vets like Blidi was for us that are solid and take a later round one with some upside. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

depends whose available. You can typically find starting guards in the mid rounds, it certainly needs to be addressed but not necessarily with our 1st. If theres one of the elite DL guys available then grab him, if not and williams is there then thats tough to turn down. ALfords gone, poole was abysmal and is likely gone, we have trufant and oliver who had an injury riddled rookie year. you need at least 3 starting caliber corners in todays nfl, its pretty clearly a tier 1 (or 1a) need imo.

Tackle, DT, EDGE, all of those are first round worthy. Also, I could see the team falling in love with Dalton Risner.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:08 AM, scar988 said:

Tackle, DT, EDGE, all of those are first round worthy. Also, I could see the team falling in love with Dalton Risner.

yes, they are but OT is likely out as its extremely unlikely we take the cap hit to cut schraeder this year. I dont think Quinn, or any coach for that matter, is taking a player in the mid first without them having a path to play year 1. Outside of QB of course.  If theres a run on DL guys and its either a tier one corner or tier two de, i want the corner. Right now we have Trufant who we should be able to count on, a fairly green 2nd year corner who had a few different injuries last year and then a guy who was a really good safety. Knock on wood if allen or neal miss some games its fair to think kazee goes back to safety. Even then, thats three deep, and a fairly thin three at that. We need more there. This wasnt you but for too long some falcons fans wanted to keep corners (or a certain corner) cause they were "good tacklers" while ignoring how awful they were in coverage.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Kazee is sliding to corner.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, they are but OT is likely out as its extremely unlikely we take the cap hit to cut schraeder this year. I dont think Quinn, or any coach for that matter, is taking a player in the mid first without them having a path to play year 1. Outside of QB of course.  If theres a run on DL guys and its either a tier one corner or tier two de, i want the corner. Right now we have Trufant who we should be able to count on, a fairly green 2nd year corner who had a few different injuries last year and then a guy who was a really good safety. Knock on wood if allen or neal miss some games its fair to think kazee goes back to safety. Even then, thats three deep, and a fairly thin three at that. We need more there. This wasnt you but for too long some falcons fans wanted to keep corners (or a certain corner) cause they were "good tacklers" while ignoring how awful they were in coverage.

Risner is a guard in the NFL.And I was always out on Dunta.

Archived