Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

canadaluvsdallas

Hate to say it boys but. If we are being purely realistic about draft prospect chances I'd say we have very little shot at Juan Thornhill at this point. I'm just looking around multiple sites and beat writers of different teams & a lot of them tend to agree on him being the top rated safety. Plus he ended up with the top SPARQ metric among safeties with 146. Chauncey-Gardner coming in 6th at 121 (which is the average among the top safeties in this class). Plus I really like him  and seems like the cowboys do too.

I very much like Chauncey Gardner that being said though. And we have a realistic shot at getting him.

Plus I'm surprised we haven't heard much about Nasir Adderly and us?

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-surprise-at-no-4-panthers-and-patriots-take-qbs-on-day-2/amp/

Pick 58: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
Pick 90: Dre'Mont Jones, DL, Ohio State 
Pick 128: Joe Jackson, DE, Miami
Pick 136: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia 
Pick 165: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
Pick 241: Tony Pollard, RB, Memphis

That is the latest mock from CBS sports. Honestly I wouldnt mind a draft similar to this at all. I like each prospect and think this would be a great and realistic way to go.

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

And there is the glimmer of hope the anti-Dak crowd has been looking for.

Lol, they’ll disappointed. He’s very much the same type of player, with very similar strengths and weaknesses. If anything, they might view him as a decent prospect to groom so that the offense doesn’t have to be re-tooled if Dak were to get hurt.

20 minutes ago, Rebeltanker91 said:

Http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-surprise-at-no-4-panthers-and-patriots-take-qbs-on-day-2/amp/

Pick 58: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
Pick 90: Dre'Mont Jones, DL, Ohio State 
Pick 128: Joe Jackson, DE, Miami
Pick 136: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia 
Pick 165: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
Pick 241: Tony Pollard, RB, Memphis

That is the latest mock from CBS sports. Honestly I wouldnt mind a draft similar to this at all. I like each prospect and think this would be a great and realistic way to go.

Would rather have a 1T, which Jones is not, but that's still a solid, when rounded draft. 

16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The Draft show guys yesterday said we don not like Gerald Willis.

I was surprised to see his name from the beginning. His metrics are awful. 

Edited by WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Would rather a a 1T, which Jones is not, but that's still a solid, when rounded draft. 

I was surprised to see his name from the beginning. His metrics are awful. 

I think he could be okay but decent at best is not what we need. I would like a good 1T and I really like Greg Gaines as a 3T/1T possibility. Hes got a decent anchor and is strong.

23 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, they’ll disappointed. He’s very much the same type of player, with very similar strengths and weaknesses. If anything, they might view him as a decent prospect to groom so that the offense doesn’t have to be re-tooled if Dak were to get hurt.

Yes that would be so disappointing to draft a similar QB that can essentially do the same things as Dak(like give it to Zeke 20 times a game, make a clutch scramble, and have the 19th best ANY/A in the league.) It would be so disappointing to have a guy with another 4 years of rookie deal. I would much rather pay a similar QB $30m.

At least Manny moves his feet when he's in the pocket. I'd be worried about his frame though. Dak is 240 pounds. Manny is not.

I definitely like him over Rush and White.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yes that would be so disappointing to draft a similar QB that can essentially do the same things as Dak(like give it to Zeke 20 times a game, make a clutch scramble, and have the 19th best ANY/A in the league.) It would be so disappointing to have a guy with another 4 years of rookie deal. I would much rather pay a similar QB $30m.

At least Manny moves his feet when he's in the pocket. I'd be worried about his frame though. Dak is 240 pounds. Manny is not.

I definitely like him over Rush and White.

He said this would give the Dak haters a glimmer of hope. Never was White or Rush mentioned. I like Wilkins, and would be happy to have him join the team.

But Manny is basically an inferior version of Dak. The Dak haters would kick Manny to the curb real quick if they don’t like Dak as our starter. 

47 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He said this would give the Dak haters a glimmer of hope. Never was White or Rush mentioned. I like Wilkins, and would be happy to have him join the team.

But Manny is basically an inferior version of Dak. The Dak haters would kick Manny to the curb real quick if they don’t like Dak as our starter. 

You are missing the point. If he compares to Dak, and he does, then he could perhaps hand it to Zeke and rank 19th in ANY/A while earning much less than Dak

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

You are missing the point. If he compares to Dak, and he does, then he could perhaps hand it to Zeke and rank 19th in ANY/A while earning much less than Dak

You are missing my point. The Dak haters have hated Dak while he’s been cheap.

Also, while he’s a similar type of player, he is objectively inferior.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz