Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

canadaluvsdallas

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Safe to say this is Lee's last year with team. I believe March-Lillard got only a one yr deal. And, Joe Thomas is entering his final season. Also, remember Jaylon Smith is an URFA after the season and CJ Mosley just set the bar at $17m/yr.  Jaylon won't likely hit that mark, but it's not too hard to envision $14m/yr.  

Linebacker is going to be in the mix for sure come the draft. 

I hope you're right. But he is a damn fine football player.

I would like to see Ty Summers on the list for a project player.

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Safe to say this is Lee's last year with team. I believe March-Lillard got only a one yr deal. And, Joe Thomas is entering his final season. Also, remember Jaylon Smith is an URFA after the season and CJ Mosley just set the bar at $17m/yr.  Jaylon won't likely hit that mark, but it's not too hard to envision $14m/yr.  

Linebacker is going to be in the mix for sure come the draft. 

Is there a list that shows whether someone is RFA or URFA? 

I am a bit surprised by Jaylon being URFA. I thought you had to accrue 4 seasons, which I assumed his first season wouldnt count since he didnt play a snap. 

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is there a list that shows whether someone is RFA or URFA? 

I am a bit surprised by Jaylon being URFA. I thought you had to accrue 4 seasons, which I assumed his first season wouldnt count since he didnt play a snap. 

Jaylon will have accrued his 4 seasons after 2019. Crazy to think.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Jaylon will have accrued his 4 seasons after 2019. Crazy to think.

Damn, I thought if you went on IR an entire season it didnt accrue. I guess only suspension can do that? 

I hope we try to lock him up this year. Before he has another monster season, and hopefully while he still has a lot of loyalty to us (his rehab, brother)

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn, I thought if you went on IR an entire season it didnt accrue. I guess only suspension can do that? 

I hope we try to lock him up this year. Before he has another monster season, and hopefully while he still has a lot of loyalty to us (his rehab, brother)

You were right.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-in-promising-position-with-Jaylon-Smiths-contract-per-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-118430540/

Smith's first season was a redshirt year, as everyone clearly knows. What's lost in that fact is what it means based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Having spent the entirety of 2016 on the Non-Football Injury list, there were no games in which he was active and, as such, he didn't accrue a season towards his career. This means, contractually, Smith isn't actually entering the third year of his rookie deal.

He's only entering his second season, as dictated by the CBA. This means following his initial contract expiration following the 2019 season, he won't hit the unrestricted free market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Nice. I was almost positive that was the case, but spotrac also has him as an URFA. I thought I was taking crazy pills for a second there. 

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Always felt like Washington players are teasing us only to be picked couple picks before.

That's fine with me. If Safety is our main target I would rather those box safeties be gone and we can target a true centerfielder. 

• Like 1

Well if we sign Cobb and Geathers we could be looking at BPA especially since we signed Covington. I'd be on the lookout for a 3T prospect quite possibly or an edge player. All 3 are under 30 and available on the cheap. Cobb might be a 1 year prove it deal which would buy us time for either next year or for a day 3 WR guy to take over. We definitely need a good 3T to take over the crap Irving put us through. We have tons of cap space but with all these good/great players looking to resign after this season we could have our backs against the wall again 😵 

Edited by Rebeltanker91
Spelling