Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

canadaluvsdallas

2 hours ago, D82 said:

The ones you aren't fond of.

Like Deebo Samuel for example, or Andy Isabella . Both of whom are considered 2nd round picks with some mocks consider one of those players a 1st rounder.

I can understand wanting a dangerous slot guy. But considering there will likely be a better player on the board at our pick, why these two? I would consider them last resort type picks at 58.

Don't get me wrong I like them as players and I think our offense could benefit from either guy. But our team has some serious drawbacks in certain areas where we are need to address it with some serious talent to get us over that hump. For example, I have stated time and time again we need some real redzone threats for Dak to throw too. Much bigger guys that we can take advantage of their size. There are guys that could fall or we could even possibly move up for if we absolutely have to have one. Better talents then Samuel and Isabella that fit that criteria in ways that they just can't like Hakeem Butler or Miles Boykin.

Gerald Willis

Stanley Morgan

Jaylon Ferguson

Jonathan Abrams

Taylor Rapp

Darius Harris

Terry Beckner

Are the names I can think of.

8 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

National Visit & now on-campus visit for Ferguson. We seem to be very highly interested in him.

So I'm not sure how to feel about Ferguson. His game doesn't rely on bend or flexibility, so I wouldn't be surprised or even bothered by poor times. But those are like, historically bad. Then again, Orlando Brown had a historically bad combine and he's doing just fine. I'm inclined to trust the tape, especially since he's done it against good competition, but it's certainly throwing a wrench into things for me.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, Calvert28 said:

He's like a Taco clone. Infact Taco had better game tape then him.

I haven't seen the tape. I've been so turned off by not having a 1st day pick that I haven't done much this off season.

But how is it possible for Taco to have better college tape than a guy who has 17 more career sacks to watch tape of? 

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I haven't seen the tape. I've been so turned off by not having a 1st day pick that I haven't done much this off season.

But how is it possible for Taco to have better college tape than a guy who has 17 more career sacks to watch tape of? 

Was going to ask exactly this question.

I haven't had a chance to watch Ferguson yet, but I can't help but wonder if I'll see a little bit of Terrell Suggs in him. Similar size/speed/athleticism numbers, but both were phenom pass rushers at the college level (though obviously Ferguson has lower level of competition).

• Like 1