Extension talks

brooks1957

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah ima need to see more than a half dozen games to start tossing around the kind of money some of y’all are suggesting.

It comes down to how cutable thry are. Jarvis contract is better than sammy Watkins for example because you get out of it faster, despite a longer term and more money. 

We can spend money up front with both, but if you can get out after 1 or 2 years without harm it's all good. 

Jamie Collins contract is brilliant in that regard.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah ima need to see more than a half dozen games to start tossing around the kind of money some of y’all are suggesting.

With Campen as OL coach and Freddie calling plays. Robinson will be a top5 LT next year

On 1/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, brooks1957 said:

I think all three can be core players for a couple of seasons at least.

Sometimes all it takes is the right circumstance. I think this is the case with Greg Robinson. He has admitted that he feels comfortable here and wants to stay. I doubt he lives up to his original draft status, but if he continues to progress like he did last year, he can become a very serviceable piece on the offensive line. At the very least, he can prevent us from having to enter "crisis management" mode and draft a LT at our first available opportunity - no matter who is available.

One of the core components to a successful QB/WR relationship is trust. Breshad came to us as an in season pickup with a history of the dropsies. At best that was a shotgun marriage. But Breshad and Baker chose to be adults and worked together. Then the results came, and Perriman became a bonafide weapon that could be counted on to take the top off of defenses. Like to see that continue.

Baker was the QB that made Higgins blossom. Once they hit the field after week 3, even a blind man could see their bond from training camp. Let's see how this progresses - but could we be talking about a Brees to Thomas type connection?

These are the right moves boys and girls.

I foresee Higgins being Baker's 3rd down go to. Him, and to a lesser extent, Jarvis.

Archived