What rounds hold the most value in '19?

BleedTheClock

Simple question. What round will give you the best bang for your buck?

My vote would be the 4th round. I think there are going to be a slew of good OL (Hyatt, Brumfield, McGovern, Scharping...), DB's (Dowell, Chris Johnson, Layne, Bassey...), and WR's (Humphery, Campbell, Isabella, Ridley...) taken in this range. This is also a great range to land RB's like Mike Weber, Ronnie Anderson, Devin Singletary, etc...

I have a plethora of guys with 3rd-4th round grades and I think you're going to be pulling quality starters down all over the place in the 4th round, which is atypical.

I was going to say 3rd, but with the same reasoning (and some of the same players). I'd be surprised if the receivers you listed lasted until the 4th, but you may be right about that. I guess it all depends on how the board falls, but I like those prospects quite a bit.

Mid-late 1st Round probably.  Sure you're still talking about sorta "premium" picks, but less so than the Top-15 type picks that are always prohibitively costly...and that later first i think you're going to get some pretty "premium" results too.  Getting an impact player is good bang for your buck imo, and i think that's what you should be able to find there.

I usually end up feeling like Day2 is the real sweet spot for "value" Rds 2-3, but haven't really felt that as much this year.  Still super early for me though.  Lots of time to dive into more positions more deeply and find my favourite draft crushes there to change my mind.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:28 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Simple question. What round will give you the best bang for your buck?

My vote would be the 4th round. I think there are going to be a slew of good OL (Hyatt, Brumfield, McGovern, Scharping...), DB's (Dowell, Chris Johnson, Layne, Bassey...), and WR's (Humphery, Campbell, Isabella, Ridley...) taken in this range. This is also a great range to land RB's like Mike Weber, Ronnie Anderson, Devin Singletary, etc...

I have a plethora of guys with 3rd-4th round grades and I think you're going to be pulling quality starters down all over the place in the 4th round, which is atypical.

Depends on the position.  I think round 2 is going to yield quite a few guys talented enough to crack the top 15-20 in most years.  I think the WRs are going to get mined in late 2/early 3.  The second tier of OL should be in the 3/4 range.  You already mentioned the DBs in that range too.  

Overall value usually is in the second and third on most years.  Guys who are talened enough, but slipped for whatever reason, and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Second or third round for me easily. The players who do maybe a couple things really well but in other areas “struggle”. Good NFL coaches and front offices can target players who possess talents and skills that translate to THEIR scheme and insert them immediately with desired results. This year I think with the WR class having this kind of depth some starters will be taken then as well as most of the RBs who may not be Zeke’s and Gurely’s but could get chance to play with their team and outperform their draft spot. Some safeties I really like as well may be drafted there being Adderley, Abram, Thornhill, Edwards and Johnson. Around those rounds too there should be available DT talent that in normal drafts would be getting end of round 1 consideration. The OGs should start to come off the board there as well, or college OTs making the switch to OG and C who can double as an OG, if teams identify players that can perform what their scheme asks of their OL will find some starters. For me this can be said almost every year for the draft but especially this year with the depth at DL, WR and where I believe the S, RBs and IOL will begin to get selected.

I've been swayed. The 2nd round does seem like a hot spot for talent.

IN NO ORDER:

1. Joe Jackson DE
2. Jaquan Johnson S
3. Zach Allen DE
4. Devin Bush OLB
5. Trayvon Mullen CB
6. AJ Brown WR
7. Noah Fant TE
8. David Edwards OT
9. Montez Sweat DE
10. Jawaan Taylor OT (still not convinced he goes R1)
11. Gerald Willis DT
12. Chris Lindstrom OG
13. N'Keal Harry WR
14. Marquise Brown WR
15. Nasir Adderley S
16. Josh Jacobs RB
17. David Montgomery RB
18. Darrell Henderson RB
19. Will Grier QB
20. Taylor Rapp S
21. Jaylon Ferguson DE
22. Hakeem Butler WR

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing several more potential 2nd rounders.

2nd round, lot of dudes that could be 1sts in lesser drafts. 

Last years QBs were much better but anyone feel that otherwise this is a strong draft? I think there’s something like 20 EDGE players that could/should go top 3 rounds 

I’ll say second or early third. 

Bacially your going to get some bonafide first round defensive line talent on day 2. Not everyone is going to able to be drafted that first day because some teams are going to want to make sure they get those needs 

so getting a first round talent outside of the first in my opinion is where the best return on the pick will be most likely. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, reamer said:

I was going to say 3rd, but with the same reasoning (and some of the same players). I'd be surprised if the receivers you listed lasted until the 4th, but you may be right about that. I guess it all depends on how the board falls, but I like those prospects quite a bit.

That was my thinking with the Packers picks. I'd love to see them manoeuver to get 2 x 3rds (they already have 2 x 4ths)

Traditionally, the position where (most years) I want a pick, high in round 2, isn't really the case this year. I guess it's all down to where you think the players you like, will go.

I feel like this is something that is better Gauging after this draft is over. Guys rise, fall, team fits, etc.

I think tes have been  becoming more value picks as of late. I mean Goedert last year I feel when its all said and done someone is gonna say he was worth a first round pick  

There's a lot of good trench players on bothe sides got to figure a lot of then go in the second that have a top 25 type ceiling. 

Archived