Realistic Trades Mock

Nickpeloso17

On 1/24/2019 at 10:30 PM, Pugger said:

I don't know why the 'Skins would feel it necessary to try and trade up for a QB in this class for fear that player wouldn't be there at #15.  It doesn't seem to me this is the greatest QB draft class.

Because that player is a QB. If they fell that Murray is their guy, they should absolutely go get him. The Dolphins are sitting at 13 with a huge need at QB so that's why they trade to 12. Makes perfect sense to me.

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Because that player is a QB. If they fell that Murray is their guy, they should absolutely go get him. The Dolphins are sitting at 13 with a huge need at QB so that's why they trade to 12. Makes perfect sense to me.

I get what you are saying but just because a the guy is a QB doesn't necessarily mean he is worth that kind of a move.  Too many desperate teams have reached for QBs over the years and this could be one of the reasons why some of them turn out to be busts.   I guess QB might be the hardest position to accurately scout.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, Nickpeloso17 said:

1. Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa, EDGE Ohio State

Arizona could really use an offensive lineman like Jonah Williams here, but Bosa is by far the best player on the board. Pairing him with Chandler Jones will give Vance Joseph his Arizona version of Miller/Chubb.

2. San Francisco 49ers: Josh Allen, EDGE Kentucky

The 49ers will likely listen to trade offers at #2, but if they don't get the offer they're looking for, taking Allen here isn't a bad consolation prize. Edge rusher has been the biggest hole on this defense, and he'll join a line with three former first round picks.

3. New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Once again, Jonah Williams would be nice to add some protection for Darnold. Quinnen Williams is arguably the second best player in this class, so having the chance to slide him inside next to Leonard Williams could be too tempting. I expect some trade offers here as well.

4. *Jacksonville Jaguars: Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio State

Jacksonville trades #7, 2019 3rd rounder, 2020 2nd rounder to Raiders for #4, 2020 4th rounder

The first QB goes off the board with Jacksonville moving up from #7 to get their guy. Blake Bortles is done and Cody Kessler isn't the answer, so jumping the Giants to secure Haskins seems necessary. Haskins could sit behind a veteran and learn the ropes until he earns the starting spot.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson

A 5-win team with few real needs, the Buccaneers are in a position to take whichever player they have at the top of their board. This pick likely comes down to Ferrell/Jonah/Greedy, but Ferrell has the potential to be a star in this Buccaneers defense. His consistent production all the way through the season could have him drafted higher than we think.

6. New York Giants: Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

Haskins is gone and any other QB would be considered a reach here. Signing Solder last offseason was a start, but this line could still use some work. Williams is the best offensive line prospect in this draft and will work wonders for Barkley and company no matter where they elect to start him at.

7. Oakland Raiders (via JAX): Rashan Gary, DE Michigan

Oakland lost out on Bosa, Allen, and Williams, so they add even more picks to their collection and move down. Gary isn't too far behind Ferrell, who they were considering taking at #4 anyways. The Raiders need an edge rusher as bad as any team.

8. Detroit Lions: Greedy Williams, CB LSU

With all the top edge prospects gone, Detroit looks to the secondary with this pick. Darius Slay is fantastic, and adding Williams across from him could make it difficult for defenses. Having to face Adams/Thielen/Diggs/Robinson each year might get a little easier with this pick.

9. Buffalo Bills: Ed Oliver, DT Houston

Buffalo has holes all over their offense, but this is likely too early to pick a WR or OL. If they don't like the offers they receive, replacing the retired Kyle Williams with Houston's Ed Oliver would be a smart investment.

10. Denver Broncos: Drew Lock, QB Missouri

Case Keenum hasn't been the same player he was in Minnesota, and the backup options are less than desirable. Lock is a strong armed QB that has impressed at the senior bowl so far. Elway is used to pulling the trigger on QB's.

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Devin White, LB LSU

This has pretty much become the default pick for the Bengals for the time being. It makes sense though, as Burfict has been battling concussions, and even if he returns, they could use some more help at linebacker.

12. *Washington Redskins: Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma

Washington trades #15, #46 to the Packers for #12, 2019 6th rounder

Washington sees Murray fall out of the top 10 and decide to make a move before Miami can. Alex Smith's return isn't a sure thing next season, and while the idea of Colt McCoy starting for a year and choosing a QB next season doesn't seem terrible, they'll have competition then, too. Murray is an explosive athlete that should be able to make the most out of his weapons. He and Derrius Guice will be welcomed additions to a Redskins offense that simply couldn't keep up with the best in 2018.

13. Miami Dolphins: Jeffery SImmons, DT Mississippi State

I believe Miami when they say they're waiting for 2020 for a QB. There's also rumors that they want to focus on player development and the "trenches" this season, which leads me to believe a DT like Simmons could be in consideration for the pick here. 

14. *Houston Texans: Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

Houston trades #23, #55 to Atlanta for #14

Protecting Deshaun Watson has to priority #1 this offseason. After getting sacked 1,000 times last season, Watson won't be able to take that kind of beating again, especially with multiple ACL tears in his past. Houston happens to have two back to back second round picks, and Taylor seems to be head and shoulders ahead of the remaining lineman available. 

15. Green Bay Packers (via WAS): Montez Sweat, EDGE Mississippi State

Green Bay risks missing out on the remaining edge rushers by trading down, but still finds Sweat available. Having a monster senior bowl week so far, Sweat has helped his draft stock tremendously and could even go earlier than this.

16. Carolina Panthers: Greg Little, OT Ole Miss

Cam Newton spend a good chunk of last season injured, a big reason why they lost 7 of their last 8 games. Whether Cam is good to go or not, this line needs a lot of work to be done. Little is versatile enough to play wherever Carolina needs him.

17. Cleveland Browns: Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson

For the first time in a while, Cleveland has a pretty solid roster top to bottom. One hole they can fill here is the DT spot next to Ogunjobi. The Browns can get creative with Wilkins, someone who's shown he can be an immediate contributor.

18. Minnesota Vikings: Mack Wilson, LB Alabama

One of the many "surprises" we see on draft day, Minnesota doesn't follow what most mock drafts are doing (selecting an offensive lineman). That can be handled in free agency, but the potential departure of Anthony Barr could make LB a bigger priority. 

19. Tennessee Titans: Brian Burns, EDGE Florida State

Brian Orakpo retired and Derrick Morgan has regressed. Last years second round pick Harold Landry looked great his rookie season, so giving him a running mate could work wonders for Tennessee. Burns isn't expected to be here with Green Bay and Carolina ahead of them, but they'll gladly take him at 19.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Byron Murphy, CB Washington

Pittsburgh has had struggles in the DB unit for years, and Joe Haden isn't getting any younger. With Artie Burns looking like a bust, the Steelers hope this years 1st round pick can come in and be a contributor day one.

21. *Oakland Raiders: Deionte Thompson, S Alabama

Oakland trades #24, 2019 4th rounder to the Seahawks for #21

After trading down earlier and adding more picks, they make a small move up here to get Thompson, who's falling further than expected. Oakland obviously needs helps on every level of their defense, and with defensive end already covered, they add to the DB's by selecting someone who can play alongside Karl Joseph.

22. Baltimore Ravens: DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss

This will be an interesting pick with Eric DeCosta taking over as GM, so this pick could go a number of different directions. Lamar Jackson isn't the best throwing QB in the league, but it's also hard to tell how good he really is with Snead and Crabtree as his top options.

23. Atlanta Falcons (via HOU): Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson

Atlanta was likely picking a DT anyways, so trading down and still picking up one of their targets seems like a win for them. Lawrence is a big body that, when added to their core of Jarrett/Beasley/McKinnley, makes for a pretty solid looking group.

24. Seattle Seahawks (via OAK): Noah Fant, TE Iowa

Once again, Seattle is short on draft picks, so a trade down is likely. With no glaring needs on a pretty solid roster, Seattle finally gives Russell Wilson a legitimate TE to throw to. Fant is an athlete that will make it even harder for defenses to game plan against.

25. Philadelphia Eagles: David Edwards, OT Wisconsin

Jason Peters is 37 and with no legitimate backup on the roster, Philly picks up the best remaining offensive lineman on their board. #25 might seem high for Edwards, but when we start getting into the mid/late 20's in the draft, some surprises happen, whether we agree with them or not.

26. Indianapolis Colts: DeAndre Baker, CB Georgia

The Colts' defense improved tremendously in 2018, but one spot they could stand to upgrade is at corner. Kansas City handled them easily in the divisional round due in large part to the fact that Indianapolis isn't great against the pass.

27. Oakland Raiders (via DAL): Hakeem Butler, WR iowa State

Mike Mayock concludes his first draft by giving Derek Carr a big bodied weapon at receiver. Butler will help fill the void left after the Amari Cooper trade, ironically using the exact pick they traded him for.

28. Los Angeles Chargers: Devin Bush, LB Michigan

While they had some success using 7 defensive backs on defense at times, that shouldn't be the norm for the Chargers. Multiple linebackers are needed, so selecting Devin Bush to start right away is a good move here.

29. Kansas City Chiefs: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, DB Florida

It was apparent the whole season that Kansas City needs to address their defense. After seeing what New England did to them in the AFC Championship, adding some play makers on defense needs to be their priority. Whether Gardner-Johnson lines up at CB or Safety, he should an upgrade.

30. Green Bay Packers (via NO): TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa

Jimmy Graham didn't exactly put up the best stats last season, (he said it himself), and the Packers could use some more play makers on offense. Hockenson rivals former teammate Noah Fant as the top TE in this class.

31. *New York Giants: Daniel Jones, QB Duke

New York trades #37, 2020 3rd round pick to Patriots for #31, 2020 5th round pick

The Giants passed on a QB with the 6th pick mostly due to value, but seeing Jones still available here is a surprise they could take advantage of. Eli is likely entering his last season, so picking a QB to groom behind him for a year could be a smart choice. Belichick and company are no strangers to trading down.

32. Los Angeles Rams: Jachai Polite, EDGE Florida

Polite falls further than expected mostly due to his size, and what other teams are looking for in their edge rushers. LA will gladly take the talented edge rusher to help their pass rush that could have a hole to fill if Fowler leaves in free agency.

NY fans, IMO would be BS if they went with a OL that high . You need team/ draft management.  Based on your mock the 2nd round is loaded with OL prospects. You can't waste a pick when you have the highest paid  Left tackle on your roster. Get the OL in the 2nd. Yes I know how good he is however that's like taking another RB and turning him info a FB.

Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

David Edwards, OT Wisconsin

Greg Little, OT Ole Miss

Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

I get what you are saying but just because a the guy is a QB doesn't necessarily mean he is worth that kind of a move.  Too many desperate teams have reached for QBs over the years and this could be one of the reasons why some of them turn out to be busts.   I guess QB might be the hardest position to accurately scout.

Coming from a Vikings fan, it absolutely is. You guys are coming up on year 30 of HOF level QB play so you don't know the feeling of always looking for "the guy" haha. I do agree, don't take or trade up for a QB out of desperation. However, if you believe a guy can be your franchise QB, you go get him.

17 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Coming from a Vikings fan, it absolutely is. You guys are coming up on year 30 of HOF level QB play so you don't know the feeling of always looking for "the guy" haha. I do agree, don't take or trade up for a QB out of desperation. However, if you believe a guy can be your franchise QB, you go get him.

Unfortunately for me I endured all those terrible years for the Packers in the 70s and 80s.  The only decent QBs I can recall during that time were Lynn Dickey and Don Majkowski.  Dickey was a wonderful passer but his legs were shot and we had no defense back then.   The Majic man was pretty good but an injury ruined his career and the Favre era began.  We have been blessed all these years with Brett and Rodgers back to back.  I hope Rodgers can return to form and we can get a couple more deep playoff runs with him before he retires because replacing him will be one tall order.

Archived