Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
barnaby8787

Jets officially hire Dowell Loggains as OC/QB coach

Recommended Posts

He might be the most polarizing figure on our team behind Jamal Adams.

I’ve read he is terrible. I’ve read he is innovative. 

He moved up the Tennessee Titans organization under Mike Munchek. He was promoted by Gase as well. But then he performs poorly as an offensive coordinator.

My gut tells me this guy is likely good at game planning or play design. But poor at play calling. Something like that because there’s no way he can both suck and be innovative. Unless someone is lieing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Adam Gase is running the offense

It doesn’t matter. He’s still coordinating schemes and tasked with developing Darnold. Everyone says that the guy is a terrible motivator and an even worse coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It doesn’t matter. He’s still coordinating schemes and tasked with developing Darnold. Everyone says that the guy is a terrible motivator and an even worse coach. 

Whos everyone? I dont know much about the guy but i saw one person say hes very innovative.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Adam Gase is running the offense

Yes but this guy has a say so in game planning and with Darnold... which isn’t good. He’s awful. Gase just bringing over his buddies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Adam Gase is running the offense

Loggains is to Gase as was Rick Dennison was to Mike Shanahan/Gary Kubiak. 

He’s Gase’s glorified personal assistant. Gase already said he’ll be spending most of his time with Sam, thus the expectation should be that Loggains will focus on game planning and fulfilling Gase’s requests/vision. 

It’s a hire that doesn’t move the needle one way or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Loggains is to Gase as was Rick Dennison was to Mike Shanahan/Gary Kubiak. 

He’s Gase’s glorified personal assistant. Gase already said he’ll be spending most of his time with Sam, thus the expectation should be that Loggains will focus on game planning and fulfilling Gase’s requests/vision. 

It’s a hire that doesn’t move the needle one way or another. 

Agreed. But do we really want this guy in anyway coaching Darnold? I don’t care if it’s as Gase’s puppet. His track record with QBs and offenses are just awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing encouraging  about this hire.  Maybe the 6th time is a charm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant understand the over reaction to this hire on Jets twitter and fans acting like they know ANYTHING about this man. They dont. If this is who Gase is most comfortable working with, what does it matter? It doesn't. I promise you Loggains will not be teaching Darnold how to be a QB. This is Gases show. Let him have his yes man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Whos everyone? I dont know much about the guy but i saw one person say hes very innovative.  

Most beat reporters, fans of teams he’s been on; even ESPN. Tons ripped the guy. In terms of being innovative, ESPN did a poll and labeled him the worst OC in football. Idk.  Just not very inspiring  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest thing on this is instead of hiring a puppet, why not hire someone with innovative ideas to bounce ideas off of?  Honestly, why is this guy even here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I cant understand the over reaction to this hire on Jets twitter and fans acting like they know ANYTHING about this man. They dont. If this is who Gase is most comfortable working with, what does it matter? It doesn't. I promise you Loggains will not be teaching Darnold how to be a QB. This is Gases show. Let him have his yes man. 

This would imply that Gase is McVay or Sean Payton. But he’s not. So the more good minds we have the better. A yes man guy isn’t the best for a guy that produces below average offenses and QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loggains with Gase in Chicago: 23rd in points, 21st in yards and 30th in big plays.

 

Loggains with Gase in Miami: 26th in points, 26th in yards and 31st in big plays.

 

A lot to get excited about with this duo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This would imply that Gase is McVay or Sean Payton. But he’s not. So the more good minds we have the better. A yes man guy isn’t the best for a guy that produces below average offenses and QBs.

Gase wants to run the offense. He wants to run the plays. This is his guy that he likes to run his offense with. WHo did you guys think we were bringing in to not call the plays? Seriously? DId you think Todd Monken was going to come here to not call plays. Come on guys. Jets fans just love to be miserable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×