Jets officially hire Dowell Loggains as OC/QB coach

barnaby8787

He might be the most polarizing figure on our team behind Jamal Adams.

I’ve read he is terrible. I’ve read he is innovative. 

He moved up the Tennessee Titans organization under Mike Munchek. He was promoted by Gase as well. But then he performs poorly as an offensive coordinator.

My gut tells me this guy is likely good at game planning or play design. But poor at play calling. Something like that because there’s no way he can both suck and be innovative. Unless someone is lieing.

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It doesn’t matter. He’s still coordinating schemes and tasked with developing Darnold. Everyone says that the guy is a terrible motivator and an even worse coach. 

Whos everyone? I dont know much about the guy but i saw one person say hes very innovative.  

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Adam Gase is running the offense

Loggains is to Gase as was Rick Dennison was to Mike Shanahan/Gary Kubiak. 

He’s Gase’s glorified personal assistant. Gase already said he’ll be spending most of his time with Sam, thus the expectation should be that Loggains will focus on game planning and fulfilling Gase’s requests/vision. 

It’s a hire that doesn’t move the needle one way or another. 

20 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Loggains is to Gase as was Rick Dennison was to Mike Shanahan/Gary Kubiak. 

He’s Gase’s glorified personal assistant. Gase already said he’ll be spending most of his time with Sam, thus the expectation should be that Loggains will focus on game planning and fulfilling Gase’s requests/vision. 

It’s a hire that doesn’t move the needle one way or another. 

Agreed. But do we really want this guy in anyway coaching Darnold? I don’t care if it’s as Gase’s puppet. His track record with QBs and offenses are just awful 

I cant understand the over reaction to this hire on Jets twitter and fans acting like they know ANYTHING about this man. They dont. If this is who Gase is most comfortable working with, what does it matter? It doesn't. I promise you Loggains will not be teaching Darnold how to be a QB. This is Gases show. Let him have his yes man. 

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Whos everyone? I dont know much about the guy but i saw one person say hes very innovative.  

Most beat reporters, fans of teams he’s been on; even ESPN. Tons ripped the guy. In terms of being innovative, ESPN did a poll and labeled him the worst OC in football. Idk.  Just not very inspiring  

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I cant understand the over reaction to this hire on Jets twitter and fans acting like they know ANYTHING about this man. They dont. If this is who Gase is most comfortable working with, what does it matter? It doesn't. I promise you Loggains will not be teaching Darnold how to be a QB. This is Gases show. Let him have his yes man. 

This would imply that Gase is McVay or Sean Payton. But he’s not. So the more good minds we have the better. A yes man guy isn’t the best for a guy that produces below average offenses and QBs.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This would imply that Gase is McVay or Sean Payton. But he’s not. So the more good minds we have the better. A yes man guy isn’t the best for a guy that produces below average offenses and QBs.

Gase wants to run the offense. He wants to run the plays. This is his guy that he likes to run his offense with. WHo did you guys think we were bringing in to not call the plays? Seriously? DId you think Todd Monken was going to come here to not call plays. Come on guys. Jets fans just love to be miserable. 

Archived